Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joey Barton popular amongst Liverpool fans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Barton popular amongst Liverpool fans.

There you never thought you'd read that did you that our Joey has endeared himself to the Anfield Reds, and they're discussing whether to give him a standing ovation on Saturday.
    http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/...topic=283660.0

After the tackle he did on Xavi Alonso there a few years ago I find it hard to believe they like him.

I thought it was fairly standard for every club to hate him?

Comment

Yeah alot of our fans hate him too, but when it comes to the Hillsborough disaster well that's very personal to them init so any help he gave towards that will be appreciated

Comment

Yeah very true, fair play to him for doing that.

He probably won't have a clue what to do when he realises the home fans are cheering him instead of ripping him to pieces!!!

Comment

Nice thread but how did Mazza Red get a ticket in our end?

Comment

When I met Barton on the train coming back from Norwich he was with his mate who said for this game he'd be in our end with his Liverpool scarf on. His mate was older than him but a Liverpool fan. I did say it wouldn't be the best idea wearing a Liverpool scarf in the Rangers end!
            First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Good read that & fair play to him.

I thought this was a top post & mirrors my sentiments also;

whatever demons where in the lads head that were put there by his* situation of the day,the lad has made a humungous effort to go down a different path....hes sticking to that and i applaud him for that.
              every game he plays now there are c*nts gunning for him expecting him to blow up...a younger barton would have done...and im not saying a more mature barton wont again because his demons are deep rooted,but the wiser more mature person is taking control of that and thats harder to do than living a life of no conflict and controversy.....i admire how hes going about his recovery...good luck to the lad and i hope he wins a lot of people over as he seems to be doing.
              This is the type of example of how some kids who are delt a bad hand in child hood can win through and in my opinion,he as a footballer should have been an england regular but his past has haunted him....he seems to be winning the battle ...wellin lad!

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                Good read that & fair play to him.

I thought this was a top post & mirrors my sentiments also;

whatever demons where in the lads head that were put there by his* situation of the day,the lad has made a humungous effort to go down a different path....hes sticking to that and i applaud him for that.
                every game he plays now there are c*nts gunning for him expecting him to blow up...a younger barton would have done...and im not saying a more mature barton wont again because his demons are deep rooted,but the wiser more mature person is taking control of that and thats harder to do than living a life of no conflict and controversy.....i admire how hes going about his recovery...good luck to the lad and i hope he wins a lot of people over as he seems to be doing.
                This is the type of example of how some kids who are delt a bad hand in child hood can win through and in my opinion,he as a footballer should have been an england regular but his past has haunted him....he seems to be winning the battle ...wellin lad!
                Thats a top post, couldnt agree with that more.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

There are holier-than-thou people out there, that will never give Joey any credit no matter what he tries to do, so good on the Reds for acknowledging his part in this.
                  Well done JB

Comment

If they do that I think as a nice gesture we should all start chanting
                    'Justice For The 96'
                    What Does Everyone Else Think?
                    BORN A RANGER, LIVE A RANGER, DIE A RANGER RTID!!

Comment

Working...
                    X