sometimes i wonder what other teams mb say about us on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
    Well I'm not getting carried away. I'd take 17th right now and look to push on next season with a stronger squad and a pre-season together.
    I would defo take 17th now, the idea behind bringing new in is to ensure we survive and build from there

If we could guarantee the team of last 3 games (plus bothroyd) could play everygame this season think we would do better but they won't , wr will see this weekend with Barton out how much it costs us (thats not a statement merely anoint of interest)

Comment

WRT our realistic expectations, you have to bear in mind that the standard of defending in this season's PL is one of the lowest in years. Watching Man City yesterday (v Newcastle), yes they're full of goals, but even their defence looked very shaky and vulnerable at times, as do Manure's.

Comment

Don't get carried away. Blackpool started brightly last season but got relegated.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I dont think were getting carried away at all. 99% of us, Im sure, will still happily accept 17th place come the end of the season.

We are simply enjoying ourselves and rightly so.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Anything higher than 17th is a bonus. Mid table would be a fantastic season, and w12 I see your point, we have the players to do it, but survival is our only aim. Myself, I don't care how we do it, comfortably or not, as long as we stay up.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I wonder what the Blackpool fans were saying at this point last year after the start they had?

Comment

We need to be safe with 4 games to go.....

Horible run in against teams looking to finish at the top......

We're going to get some injuries at some stage so lets hope we can get a bit of depth in Jan......

I'd hjappily take 17th right now....anything higher and i'd be over the moon,...

Comment

People say we have the players to do it but don't you think the reason for our success is we are just getting much more out of what we actually have? I mean, look at the two strikers Stoke were able to bring on in place of Crouch. Sunderland must have spent - what? - 70 odd million on players since they were promoted, probably more. We are up against teams that have spent serious, serious money, way more than us whatever we do in January. Next game if some players don't shake off injuries our squad cd be exposed for its lack of strength in depth. Sure, let us hope it does all click this season and we manage to stay in the kind of place we are now - but that means staying ahead of clubs like Everton, Sunderland, Stoke, West Brom. We shouldn't lose sight of what an achievement that would be after the wilderness years.

Comment

Finishing 17th would mean we'd be on 40-ish points ie all we'd get before May was another 25 points.... 5,6 or if lucky 7 more wins all season. That sounds desperately unappealing to me and how anyone could be content at losing dozens of games baffles me. This team could and should be aiming at 50+ points in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by PedalR View Post
                      Finishing 17th would mean we'd be on 40-ish points ie all we'd get before May was another 25 points.... 5,6 or if lucky 7 more wins all season. That sounds desperately unappealing to me and how anyone could be content at losing dozens of games baffles me. This team could and should be aiming at 50+ points in my view.
                      if 40 points is enough to keep us in the premier league, thats good enough for me. we can push on next season.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Yes comparisons will be made v Blackppol last season, but IMO QPR are at a different level to them in the quality of players we have and the players we will get in January.

Comment

Working...
                        X