X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
    He's Scottish, and he's not.

But I; agree hes not
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

But I; agree hes not
      I proise you he's Scottish mate. How many players in the Welsh, Scottish and Irish teams that are not from that nation?
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

I proise you he's Scottish mate. How many players in the Welsh, Scottish and Irish teams that are not from that nation?
        Tbf good ol' Wikipedia does say:

"Although born and brought up in Scotland, McGeady plays internationally for the Republic of Ireland, a country he qualifies for through his grandparents".
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

We can do a lot better. Plenty of effort but not enough class.

Comment

He's class, sign him up!

Comment

To be honest I guessed that was your motive for contributing to this thread.

All countries are allowed to select players who qualify under FIFA rules, otherwise England would not have been able to select Tony Dorigo, Owen Hargreaves, Cyrille Regis, John Barnes, Luther Blissett, John Salako and Terry Butcher, none of whom were born in England.

A much greater percentage of those nation's population have had to emigrate, and their offspring are deemed eligible. I don't agree with the Grandfather rule personally; I think it can lead to the perception of abuse, and can if overused make a team seem ridiculous.

Comment

He's crap.end of story.

Comment

interesting views... ive never seen him for long periods.. so i suppose i have only seen his 'better moments'

just times ive seen him down the left for ireland he has blitzed fullbacks.. interesting thoughts! he would ironically cost a fair penny aswell.
                  Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                  Lovejoy: "No?!"
                  Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

no thanks, hes distinctly average
                    says a lot about what he thinks of scotlands chances of qualifying for tournaments if he chooses ireland

Comment

Very over-rated imo.
                      I watch all the Ireland games, being half Irish and he frustrates me more than any Irish player. He cant cross for toffees, has a poor scoring record and loses possesion far too easy. Trapatoni loves him, why i dont know because i think he is sh1t and would rather Stephen Hunt got picked ahead of him for the Ireland team.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry-Mancini-123 View Post
                        To be honest I guessed that was your motive for contributing to this thread.

All countries are allowed to select players who qualify under FIFA rules, otherwise England would not have been able to select Tony Dorigo, Owen Hargreaves, Cyrille Regis, John Barnes, Luther Blissett, John Salako and Terry Butcher, none of whom were born in England.

A much greater percentage of those nation's population have had to emigrate, and their offspring are deemed eligible. I don't agree with the Grandfather rule personally; I think it can lead to the perception of abuse, and can if overused make a team seem ridiculous.
                        morrison, mancini and cascarino to name a few ''irish'' Internationals, the proverbial pint of guinness springs to mind
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

gotta be looking higher IMHO would have been good last year

Comment

No thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X