No announcement yet.

so who will go down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the good news is that there are a lot of teams looking relegation material this year - can only be better for us!
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Wigan Wolves & Blackburn IMO.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Three from Blackburn, Bolton, Wolves and Wigan. I wonder what the odds are for QPR, Norwich and Swansea staying up.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
          Three from Blackburn, Bolton, Wolves and Wigan. I wonder what the odds are for QPR, Norwich and Swansea staying up.
          Certainly alot shorter than they were 1 game into the season thats for sure!

Comment

I'd like to see all the promoted sides stay up. They all have something to offer, play the game the right way and will pack their grounds with passionate supporters.

The sooner the likes of Wigan and Wolves are gone from the top flight the better. Wigan, try to play the game the right way to be fair, but as a football club are an embarrassment with an empty stadium every week. Wolves are just awful under McCarthy. He is a rubbish manager who is tactically clueless. That was why i so wanted Birmingham to go down last season because they played the most negative football around... it was awful!

It would also be a big boost for the Championship which is a great league getting better all the time. It has loads of good clubs and is much stronger than 5 yrs ago and the difference between the bottom of the prem and the top of the Championship is marginal.

Last year Newcastle and West Brom stayed up and very nearly Blackpool also, a few years ago Stoke, why not all 3 this season......

Comment

Still too early to say who'll go down; none of the 3 promos have had a bad run yet and it is inevitable they will at some point.
              Wolves were dead and buried last year until the last 4 games and Birmingham looked very safe, again until the last couple of games.
              January/February will separate the dog paddlers from the doggers, hopefully we'll be in the right camp and we don't get a back door delivery we weren't expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry-Mancini-123 View Post
                Still too early to say who'll go down; none of the 3 promos have had a bad run yet and it is inevitable they will at some point.
                Wolves were dead and buried last year until the last 4 games and Birmingham looked very safe, again until the last couple of games.
                January/February will separate the dog paddlers from the doggers, hopefully we'll be in the right camp and we don't get a back door delivery we weren't expecting.
                Plenty of hidden messages on here Terry

Comment

I'd no idea you were in that camp....
                  just saying we definitely need to watch our back.

Comment

Faves to go down (form oddschecker):

1) Wigan 2/5
                    2) Blackburn 1/1
                    3) Norwich 7/4
                    4) Swansea 19/10
                    5) Wolves 5/2
                    6) Bolton 13/5
                    7) QPR 3/1

I guess the rationale for that is that they think that Norwich and Swansea will run out of steam - where as ourselves will keep it up partially due to decent strengthening in the transfer window.

Personally, after seeing some of the petty and misinformed comments about us on their boards, I hope Norwich and Swansea go down.

Comment

This is the weakest PL for years and looking at the table in addition to the teams above, Everton, West Brom and Sunderland are currently looking over their shoulders.

Comment

This is the weakest PL for years and looking at the table in addition to the teams above, Everton, West Brom and Sunderland are currently looking over their shoulders.
                        I disagree in it beoing the weakest for years. I actually think the Championship has improved so promoted sides are less cannon fodder than they used to be, meaning most teams take points off each other, unlike the past when the likes of Sunderland and derby ended up with about 15 points.... which was ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post

1) Wigan 2/5
                          2) Blackburn 1/1
                          3) Norwich 7/4
                          4) Swansea 19/10
                          5) Wolves 5/2
                          6) Bolton 13/5
                          7) QPR 3/1

I guess the rationale for that is that they think that Norwich and Swansea will run out of steam - where as ourselves will keep it up partially due to decent strengthening in the transfer window.

Personally, after seeing some of the petty and misinformed comments about us on their boards, I hope Norwich and Swansea go down.

Got no time for either set of fans. Especially Swansea; those sheep-cuddlers shouldnt even be in our country's league!

Comment

We still have 10 games before the new players come (hopefully !). We will see a better picture after them games.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post

1) Wigan 2/5
                              2) Blackburn 1/1
                              3) Norwich 7/4
                              4) Swansea 19/10
                              5) Wolves 5/2
                              6) Bolton 13/5
                              7) QPR 3/1

That would put us seventh from bottom, which I think is a realistic target if we strengthen as rumoured in Jan. Cd see Bolton mounting a big recovery and thing their performance at Stoke is more a reflection of their ability. Good manager too. However, quite poss that at least one other "big" club such as Sunderland or Everton slip below us.

Comment

Working...
                              X