Bothroyd urges QPR to press ahead with move for 'world class' Defoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bothroyd urges QPR to press ahead with move for 'world class' Defoe

R's ace says he would love to form a strike partnership at Loftus Road with the England international

More...

DJ might have something to say about that once he's fit!

DJ and Defoe on paper, mmm got goals written all over them

Comment

So would I Jay. really hope Defoe deal comes through!
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Hope we sign him. Bothroyd, DJ, Helguson and Defoe sound a great strikerforce.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Defoe would be an amazing signing for us. There arent many better goal scorers in the league than him. As Yousef says; with him, Bothroyd, DJ and Heidar in the squad we will certain be a threat going forward.

Heres hoping eh!
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Just amazing to see that written down on paper to be honest. It's not just a pipe dream is it, it could actually happen.
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
              Just amazing to see that written down on paper to be honest. It's not just a pipe dream is it, it could actually happen.
              You've written it down on paper then have you?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                You've written it down on paper then have you?
                :rage:
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I like the way he always scores from shots outside the box, so many times do we pass around on the edge of the box with no one having a shot at goal!

Comment

Originally posted by Wrighty View Post
                    I like the way he always scores from shots outside the box, so many times do we pass around on the edge of the box with no one having a shot at goal!
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

PLEASE TONY....For xmas i want a "Defoe"....dont mind waiting til Jan for it.....

Comment

Defoe would be a great signing as is a natural finisher and would thrive in our side i think. My only concern with him is he is one of those type of strikers who is so single minded they would often rather shoot and miss from a tight angle than square it for another player to tap in..... If he did come Warnock would need to get him thinking team first not Defoe first in the hope of gettign noticed by Capello for the summer.

The worst player of that type at the moment though is without doubt Suarez at Liverpool.... yes he's undoubtedly a great player, but blimey he's greedy. Norwich match was a prime example, there was at least 2 times he could've just rolled it 5 yards to the side for a teammate to get a guaranteed goal, but he shot and it was saved / missed. They ended up drawing 0-0 and it cost them 2 points.... Yet Liverpool fans like Micky Quinn on Talksportt constantly rave about him and fail to see the obvious negatives.

That is the reason for me the best Prem striker of recent times was Henry because he scored hatfuls, but if there was an easier option he always passed, hence he normally got the most goals and assists.

But, yes please to Defoe, and if we raid Spurs for a few players, they may all be pursuaded to come as will all be mates (you'd assume), i'm thinking Bassong / Krancjar / Defoe or Pav.
                        Last edited by Del; 11-11-2011, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Would rather have Pavlyuchenko than Defoe. Would suit us better and our way of playing, and still has something to prove.

Comment

Helguson & Defoe
                            Bothroyd & Defoe
                            DJ & Defoe

Bothroyd - Defoe - DJ
                            Bothroyd - Helguson - Defoe

Comment

Working...
                            X