• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnock targets four players

QPR boss steps up search for new signings
    Fulham Chronicle 07:29

more...

He is going to the Continent to look at two - presumably one is that Italian striker we have been linked with.

If he sticks with the four he has in mind from England, who do you reckon they will be?

My wish list would be:

Pavlechenko and Defoe or Anelka

Krankjar

Bassong

But don't know if that is realistic. Anelka I cd half see because he is at the end of his contract so there will be no transfer fee but very high wages (which we don't seem to mind). Bassong sounds half done judging by his comments. Pav we have been linked with but I read somewhere 'arry will be looking for serious money for him. Krankjar no idea if he is in 'arry's plans?

Anelka won't be free in January.
    http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Anelka / Defoe and Bassong is all I want. Just 2 and anyone else is a bonus
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

italian legend Alessandro Del Piero has confirmed that he will not retire from football at the end of the season, opening the door to a much-anticipated Premier League swansong.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1d1F5xCnL

fantastic player but he is 36 year old

what you think, like to see him at Qpr?

Comment

Originally posted by w12dave;737658 italian legend Alessandro Del Piero has confirmed that he will not retire from football at the end of the season, opening the door to a much-anticipated Premier League swansong.

Read more: [url
          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2058497/Alessandro-Del-Piero-opens-door-Premier-League-move.html#ixzz1d1F5xCnL[/url]fantastic player but he is 36 year old

we'll end up being dubbed the Last Chance Saloon...

Comment

No thanks I like Players who know the offside rule

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Originally posted by w12dave View Post
              italian legend Alessandro Del Piero has confirmed that he will not retire from football at the end of the season, opening the door to a much-anticipated Premier League swansong.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1d1F5xCnL

fantastic player but he is 36 year old

Same age as Beckham, I would rather have Becks!! To be honest I can't see either at LR.

I want a better striker...or two actually and CBs. We are ok in goal and midfield (IMHO).
              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

I would try to get Landon Donovan for a loan period as Everton did a few seasons ago, Jermain Defoe and Bassong on permanents and another Joey Barton type player (Ben Watson ?). I can't see Krankjar swapping the bench at Spurs for the bench at QPR, as Barton and Faurlin should be first choice for the two CM positions.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                  I would try to get Landon Donovan for a loan period as Everton did a few seasons ago, Jermain Defoe and Bassong on permanents and another Joey Barton type player (Ben Watson ?). I can't see Krankjar swapping the bench at Spurs for the bench at QPR, as Barton and Faurlin should be first choice for the two CM positions.
                  But surely Krankjar can play out wide too? You are probably right though, not realistic. If you are looking for another Joey Barton would love O'Hara as that would also ruin Wolves but guess they are unlikely to let him go. Is Jenas just on loan at Villa and is he still injured?

Comment

Krankjar would be a massive, massive signing if we could pull that off. What a player.
                    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Those above mentioned players would go a long way to keeping us up no doubt ,bot for how long most them are on the last lap at the top level ,ad we can't exspect T F to keep buying players every window

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                        Krankjar is a top top player and he would compliment the squad no end and for me could play multiple positions, CM, L/RM, or in the hole behind 1 or 2 strikers.

In the current team i'd see him play left with SWP right. In a 433 infront of BArton / Faurlin.

He is quality and if we can bag him we need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                          Krankjar is a top top player and he would compliment the squad no end and for me could play multiple positions, CM, L/RM, or in the hole behind 1 or 2 strikers.

In the current team i'd see him play left with SWP right. In a 433 infront of BArton / Faurlin.

He is quality and if we can bag him we need to.
                          I would play him left, with SWP on the right and Joey alongside Ali in the middle. No need to go 4-3-3 again as it's clear Bothroyd is far better in a two man attack.
                          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                            I would play him left, with SWP on the right and Joey alongside Ali in the middle. No need to go 4-3-3 again as it's clear Bothroyd is far better in a two man attack.
                            i agree, we just don't have the strikers who can play upfront on their own and we cant rely on SWP Barton and Faurlin for goals

442 is best for now with HH and jay upfront, who know we might play 433 again if we get the right players in jan

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                              So would i, but point is if we had to adapt mid game or change style at any point, he is versatile, and in the Prem you can't have enough versatile players.

Comment

Working...
                              X