Going down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going down...

Wigan are in a bad way. Martinez, probably their greatest asset, is looking down. They can't seem to score and Rodieger (spelling?) has lost his way. When you consider they have lost 8 on the bounce it makes us look very, very healthy.
    Blackburn are only losing by the odd goal and they have a few good players in Hoilet, Samba and Roberts but they do have the smell of death about them this season. Any club that has the fans chanting for the manager to go (even when they play quite well) is going to struggle to stay up. Hilarious they are thinking of appointing Erikson above Kean as director of football "initially" - we all know where that leads, and its called the Championship.
    The problem I have is working out who will join them. Not sure about Wolves - even before their win yesterday they look to have some fight, particularly with O'Hara running the midfield. Wd love it to be Fulham but realistically can't see it. Everton etc sure to pick up.
    Do we have to hope that one of Swansea or Norwich implode - and will they?

Have been thinking the same.

Bolton will soon be up to mid table and you're right about Everton and Fulham- none of these will be near the bootom come May.

Swansea and Norwich look far better than I expected them to and I think Norwich should be safe, Swansea's home form should mean they have a very good chance of staying up too.

So really that leaves WBA, Wigan, Wolves, Blackburn and us.

I think after January we will be a different proposistion and will hopefully be alot harder to beat- which means it should be between WBA, Wigan, Wolves and Blackburn.

Comment

Another team on the slide is our next game hosts Stoke. 4 prem loses on the bounce and are we gonna make it 5 ? Its gonna be difficult to predict till after Xmas.

Comment

Has anyone seen a blog (you can find it on news now) by a West Ham fan about QPR getting the sinking feeling? He starts of reckoning it will be us, then seems to back track after about 30 fans - including one from Chelsea - tell him he is talking out of his back-side. He talks rubbish mainly but he does have a point when he says even Blackpool put up lots of heroic performances against the big boys but still went down. Survival largely depends on eeking out the results against fellow strugglers.

Comment

I don't think you can discount Sunderland from the equation just yet.

Comment

Our goal difference has to be a concern

Comment

Just as last season looked the perfect season to be promoted from the Championship, (as on paper it looks so much harder this season), it looks like this is the perfect season to be in the PL (survival wise), as there are teams like Blackburn and Wigan, who already look dead men walking and I bet some of the better rats jump sip in January, making it harder or them to compete.

Always thought (hoped) we had enough to finish 17th without Fernandes and I can honestly see a top 10 finish for QPR this season with TF, which would be superb.
              Last edited by paulmason; 07-11-2011, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Have to say I do see a lot of similarities between us and Blackpool, which isn't great.

I think we will be fine, however it will be alot tighter than some might think- just need to pray that Martinez and Kean don't get scaked any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post
                  Have to say I do see a lot of similarities between us and Blackpool, which isn't great.

I think we will be fine, however it will be alot tighter than some might think- just need to pray that Martinez and Kean don't get scaked any time soon.
                  Well. We've just been promoted, we've got orange shirts, we've both been managed by Ollie, and we have thrown the kitchen sink at the big boys..... And that's where the similarities end for me because:

1) We have shown that we can attract very decent PL proven players.
                  2) We will without a doubt strengthen in Jan in a way that would be far beyond the scope of Blackpool.
                  3) We have Loftus Road.

And I could go on.......

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                    Well. We've just been promoted, we've got orange shirts, we've both been managed by Ollie, and we have thrown the kitchen sink at the big boys..... And that's where the similarities end for me because:

1) We have shown that we can attract very decent PL proven players.
                    2) We will without a doubt strengthen in Jan in a way that would be far beyond the scope of Blackpool.
                    3) We have Loftus Road.

And I could go on.......
                    Big nail on head there Maverick
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I think the Norwich and Swansea bubble will burst

Comment

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
                        I think the Norwich and Swansea bubble will burst
                        I hope so. That way I can rub cr&p like this in the face of the self proclaimed "Poundland Barcelona":

"The thing is, basically, QPR are not very good. No offence to them but out of the promoted clubs, Norwich and ourselves have had a bit of a tumble in recent and not so recent seasons and we've been on an upward curve and improving for a good few years but QPR have been average at best for a number of years with last years flash in the pan and the Warnock factor dragging them up, they're either going to have to buy or revert to type. We'll all be lucky to survive but it'll be a miracle if they do."

http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewt...p?f=6&t=110750

Comment

The thing with all 3 promoted sides is the strength in depth. A few injuries to key men and we're ****ed. The second half of the season is when it counts. After jan we should be in a much better position than the other 2.
                          Also NW has found his best team. No Taarabt, Derry or hall. Think we're much more gritty and will grind the points out from now on. Spirit of last year lives on. We'll be alright especially at Loftus Road - the cauldron of hate

Comment

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post

Blackpool problem was they couldnt defend, if you take out Bolton and Fulham (the whole team was rubbish for this game) our defence has been pretty good. Blackpool could not keep a clean sheet even if they had bricked up their goal, we as we have had quite a few already.

They also didnt sign anyone of note in Jan, when there team was crying out for new blood, Ollie kept the same squad, were as we will be bringing players in. With this and the fact we will also geta goal scorer, I think the constant progress we have made since NW arrived will continue.

Yes I do agree we look good going forward and played well against the big teams like them but thats were the simlaraties end for me.

I think between now and Jan we will have a couple more wins, which should hopefuly set us up nicley for Jan were I think we will see another 4 players join and this will set the spine for the next few seasons, with one or two only being added to keep moving the player quailty forward but also to add fresh faces, new ideas and keep enthusiasim up on the training feild in the coming seasons.

Onwards and Upwards

U R's
                            Last edited by Bigears; 07-11-2011, 02:37 PM.
                            One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                              I hope so. That way I can rub cr&p like this in the face of the self proclaimed "Poundland Barcelona":

"The thing is, basically, QPR are not very good. No offence to them but out of the promoted clubs, Norwich and ourselves have had a bit of a tumble in recent and not so recent seasons and we've been on an upward curve and improving for a good few years but QPR have been average at best for a number of years with last years flash in the pan and the Warnock factor dragging them up, they're either going to have to buy or revert to type. We'll all be lucky to survive but it'll be a miracle if they do."

http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewt...p?f=6&t=110750
                              He's havin a laugh surely.

Comment

Working...
                              X