QPR dig deep for Italian hot-shot Pellicori

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR dig deep for Italian hot-shot Pellicori

QPR will pay over the odds for Alessandro Pellicori - but only if the Italian striker proves he's worth a £1million fee during the next two games.

More...

V glad if true the club are not rushing in - but don't get the point about bankruptcy - normally if a company goes bust you pick assets up for nothing. dont think we should panic - he is hardly hot property. plently of better players out there for a million

Comment

Alessandro Pellicori

Whatever people's doubts about this player, 18 goals in 38 appearances last season is an excellent ratio. On that basis alone he's definitely worth a look at.

And at 28 he's at his physical peak.

He also shares my birthday so I'm hoping thats a good omen. :exciting:

Comment

lucarelli

Comment

I do not like the idea of bringing too many players who have not played in this league before. A bit risky and we have enough examples of ex-players who did not fit in the league either because they were not comfortable of the football style or because they felt home sick. Examples: Parejo, Ledesma, and De Carmine.

I can see Forest are on the verge of signing Paul Mckenna. We need this type of experienced, specifically in defence and upfront.
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
            Whatever people's doubts about this player, 18 goals in 38 appearances last season is an excellent ratio. On that basis alone he's definitely worth a look at.

And at 28 he's at his physical peak.

He also shares my birthday so I'm hoping thats a good omen. :exciting:
            That article says he got 18 goals the season BEFORE last - so how many last year then?
            "Originally Posted by qblockpete
            QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
            Swansea will finish in bottom 6
            Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Apparantly has good scoring record and will find the back of the net. Sure he will figure on Sunday and I now know he was with the squad on Wednesday, still donćt know if he will sign though.
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Do you think the headline "Rangers dig deep for Italian hot shot" was written with or without irony? I mean, where to start? "Rangers dig deep." Hmm, is that likely? And wasn't he worth £200,000 last week, not £1m. Could this be another example of the club inflating the reported figure to make it look like they are splashing the cash? If so, its a v short-termist strategy because if the player doesn't turn out to be brilliant the club will be accused of wasting lots of money. "Hot shot"? Six goals last season - I'd call that more of a lukewarm to tepid shot myself; not quite Patrick Agyman levels of coldness, but hardly scorching, is he...?

Comment

Anyone got any clips of this boy in action?
                  "I've had money but it never felt as good as when I c*me"
                  Richard Pryor, 1974

Comment

He is much better than many are giving him credit for.
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

He is much better than many are giving him credit for.
                      according to??????
                      http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post
                        according to??????
                        our chief scout GP.....

Comment

Don't see a massive que for this 27 year old who has just taken his team down to div3 of italian football, my opinion a bad signing worst than that of use carmine 2 goals in 27 games, keep the unproven italians in italy
                          Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

Originally posted by qpruleok View Post
                            my opinion a bad signing worst than that of use carmine 2 goals in 27 games
                            He's got a much better record than Di Carmine had before he joined, and Parejo, Ledesma and Alberti for that matter, all of whom were fairly unproven but showing potential, whereas this guy actually has a proven record. Plus at 28, unlike those players, he's at his physical peak.

The argument that his team got relegated despite him scoring all those goals could actually be turned on its head i.e. he could have scored even more in a thriving team.

A degree of xenophobia appears to lie behind a lot of this board's posts.
                            Last edited by Stanley; 18-07-2009, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                              He's got a much better record than Di Carmine had before he joined, and Parejo, Ledesma and Alberti for that matter, all of whom were fairly unproven but showing potential, whereas this guy actually has a proven record. Plus at 28, unlike those players, he's at his physical peak.

The argument that his team got relegated despite him scoring all those goals could actually be turned on its head i.e. he could have scored even more in a thriving team.

A degree of xenophobia appears to lie behind a lot of this board's posts.
                              Sadly, I feel that last line is far too true.
                              We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Working...
                              X