No announcement yet.

The 3 Promoted teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all honesty I would love all 3 of us to stay up. It would show what an achievement we really made last year, and would stick two fingers up to all this premier league superiority I have had spouted at me for all my young life.

Comment

The real test will be after Xmas and when the window shuts. Thats when the big boys start going up a few gears and leave the rest of us trying to find our gears. And the 3 with worn clutches will be going down. I'm glad Tony has Lotus !!

Comment

Have been surprised how well Norwich and Swansea have done,saying that remember this time last season Blackpool were flying so as with all 3 teams it's about picking up points,and bringing in the right players in January

Comment

Squad depth, injuries and suspensions come into play after the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
            Squad depth, injuries and suspensions come into play after the new year.
            That is key for sure.

I think we will be fine and end up mid table. We have the nucleus now but with 3, or hopefully 4 more established prem players in Jan, we should have enough to be fine, and hopefully stay above the real battle which will help relieve the stress and allow us to play with less pressure also.

The others have done very well, but i've always thought Norwich would struggle and fall away given that they have done back to back promotions and still have osme players from League 1. At some point they will start to struggle and start slipping imo. Similar to Blackpool, Hull, Boro years ago who all started well then struggled massively.

Hope i'm wrong though as all 3 clubs have something to offer and are a credit to the league. I would like to see the back of Wigan for sure, Wolves and AN other. I would quite like Stoke or Bolton to go as neither are attractive, especially Stoke.
            Last edited by Del; 07-11-2011, 03:42 PM.

Comment

I think the success the 3 promoted sides are having is more to do with a lack of investment by a lot of existing Premiership sides rather than the 3 sides coming up being particularly strong. Look at the likes of Blackburn, Everton, Bolton, Wigan, Wolves etc, they really have not made too many signings of note in the summer and in some cases are coming into this season with weaker squads than previous years.

I think when promoted sides bring in a few new faces there is increased competition within the squad, also the promoted sides are still on a high following promotion. Whereas the likes of Wigan and Blackburn, they have basically the same squads (or potentially even weaker squads) that just did enough to stay up last season.

Comment

The only 2 things I care about are that we stay up and Norwich go down. Cannot stand those clowns.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Its Narwich's turn to have 3 hard uns on the trot....Arsy...US....then City.

Comment

Working...
                  X