No announcement yet.

Blackstock gone to forest?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benny, appreciate the concern about Blackstock, but I really would rather get a reasonable fee for him now than see him leave on a free. He is replaceable, either with someone in England (CCC, FL or a reserve from the Prem League) .

I also think you underestimate Vine's scoring ability.

Vine has twice scored got into double figures for Luton at CCC level, 12 in 26 and 10 in 21(10). He also managed 7 in 31 apps when he joined QPR. If he reproduced that form again, he could get 10 or more again.

Here are his stats. I agree, not great, but considering he often plays on the wing, it isn't bad.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/ProfilesDe...~16493,00.html

Agyemang is not really likely to score 10, but Helguson is and if signed, so is Connolly.

Whether these players score goals will depend on QPR's style of play and whether they stay fit.

Another note about Blackstock. If he is in the mood he scores goals, but how many did he score last season after November? His form was affected by the rumours surrounding him and his bad relationship with FB. So how he will fare in his final season? Will we see the Blackstock we saw earlier that season and parts of 2006/07 or will we see his post Ray Jones tragedy form? I suspect the latter.

Comment

As much as I admire Dex and the fact he has been our top scorer over the last few years, he is not the type of forward that will bring the best out of Buzz, Vine or Routledge. Dex can not hold the ball up, he has to play as a striker in a pair as he always positions himself to head on for the other striker, rether than to shield the ball and play it to players around him. HH is better at playing that role but last season lost his touch in friont of goal, which is the other asset that is needed. If he gets his touch back, which the reports seem to be saying or we buy a forward who can do it with the money from Dex then it is what the TEAM need.
      RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

board wont spend the money to replace him and do EVERYTHING on the cheap...so even though i am not a big fan of Dex i am concerned if he has finally gone to Forest

Comment

Is Dexter out there with the squad?

This is the worst possible news we QPR fans could get today if true.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            Benny, appreciate the concern about Blackstock, but I really would rather get a reasonable fee for him now than see him leave on a free. He is replaceable, either with someone in England (CCC, FL or a reserve from the Prem League) .

I also think you underestimate Vine's scoring ability.

Vine has twice scored got into double figures for Luton at CCC level, 12 in 26 and 10 in 21(10). He also managed 7 in 31 apps when he joined QPR. If he reproduced that form again, he could get 10 or more again.

Here are his stats. I agree, not great, but considering he often plays on the wing, it isn't bad.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/ProfilesDe...~16493,00.html

Agyemang is not really likely to score 10, but Helguson is and if signed, so is Connolly.

Whether these players score goals will depend on QPR's style of play and whether they stay fit.

Another note about Blackstock. If he is in the mood he scores goals, but how many did he score last season after November? His form was affected by the rumours surrounding him and his bad relationship with FB. So how he will fare in his final season? Will we see the Blackstock we saw earlier that season and parts of 2006/07 or will we see his post Ray Jones tragedy form? I suspect the latter.
            How many did any of our players score is the question?

There was no service upfront full stop!

Comment

Thank you to the person at qpr who is responsible for this poor excuse of a player leaving, top scorer or not.

I'm just so sad we will never get to see what a great player he will be :very_sad:

When Blacstock can or is willing to learn to;

run 10 paces without falling over,
              have the brain to move and find space,
              take on defenders and make chances,
              make chances for other team mates,
              provide some kind of physical presence leading the line,

then he will be welcome back at qpr, until then you can take your only skill which is heading the ball, and your thousands a week, and shove it.

bye bye, thanks for the laughs!

Comment

Let's look at it another way, if we are looking to buy a player who scored 14 goals last season and for a player who played as many games as our Dexter, how much money are we looking at to spend and where from?

Comment

Originally posted by highgradeR View Post
                  Thank you to the person at qpr who is responsible for this poor excuse of a player leaving, top scorer or not.

I'm just so sad we will never get to see what a great player he will be :very_sad:

When Blacstock can or is willing to learn to;

run 10 paces without falling over,
                  have the brain to move and find space,
                  take on defenders and make chances,
                  make chances for other team mates,
                  provide some kind of physical presence leading the line,

then he will be welcome back at qpr, until then you can take your only skill which is heading the ball, and your thousands a week, and shove it.

bye bye, thanks for the laughs!
                  k....... but are you not worried who will step up and score the goals that Blackstock would have scored? cos HH cant hit a barn door and Pat and Vine are not 15 to 20 a season strikers. Add to that the board wont spend any money and i think we might be in same boat as last season by not having a striker who can convert chances

Comment

Give HH a chance. The season hasnt started yet; he may come good this year. Buzz could weigh in with 10 goals as could Vine, Pat and Balanta. And as we speak, Dex is still a Rangers player. I still agree we need another striker though and I'm sure the board realise this now. Early signs of them splashing the cash this transfer window are also encouraging.

PS - any news on Buzz's latest injury scare anyone??

Comment

If a new striker comes in one has to go surly, we'll have as many strikers as centre backs otherwise, i'd rather he stays but if the Italian comes in he must be off, as can't see us offloading Agyemang.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                        If a new striker comes in one has to go surly, we'll have as many strikers as centre backs otherwise, i'd rather he stays but if the Italian comes in he must be off, as can't see us offloading Agyemang.
                        yes,we have lots of strikers,but none are good enough to get us promoted,simple as that,

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
                          yes,we have lots of strikers,but none are good enough to get us promoted,simple as that,
                          Nail on head. We deffo now need TWO quality strikers:byebye:
                          oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
                            Nail on head. We deffo now need TWO quality strikers:byebye:
                            its so unbelievable obvious oldhoop,but still incredibly many on this board STILL think we will be alright(ie get promoted)with who we have already(including that italian),it beggers belief,it really does.without at least 1 QUALITY striker we will not make the play offs next season,would bet my house on it.

Comment

Selling Blackstock is a mistake when we have worse at the club and are after a dodgy Italian.

Comment

Working...
                              X