Blackstock gone to forest?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackstock gone to forest?????

and if so,will we replace him PROPERLY?http://www.qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?...3ee36165962527

You sound surprised
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
      You sound surprised
      not surprised at all scott,also wont be surprised if we dont replace him adequatly.

Comment

There's nothing up here about it yet.
        We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

If he goes, we wont replace his goals im afraid.

Comment

Wouldnt surpise me

We either need to sell him or give him a new contract-dont want him going for free next year
            Now, Then, Forever
            [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Its admirable that benny has spent so much time defending DB over the many qpr forums. But alas Benny it appears all to have been in vain!
              Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Originally posted by qprjim View Post
                Its admirable that benny has spent so much time defending DB over the many qpr forums. But alas Benny it appears all to have been in vain!
                Not defending him...just pointing out facts mate.
                He's been top scorer twice in 3 seasons and we will miss his goals unless we replace him. Can you argue that?

So far, we seem to have gone for an unknown Itallian with a record similar to Aggy and Vines. I'd be surprised if Vine, Aggy, Heider and Picallili or whatever his name is get more than 20 between them.

Laughable from a team with apparent ambition.
                Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                  He's been top scorer twice in 3 seasons and we will miss his goals unless we replace him. Can you argue that?

So far, we seem to have gone for an unknown Itallian with a record similar to Aggy and Vines. I'd be surprised if Vine, Aggy, Heider and Picallili or whatever his name is get more than 20 between them.

totally agree mate...seems with QPR now it's one step forward then half a dozen back.......
                  Last edited by Quaz; 16-07-2009, 04:28 PM.

Comment

the "happy pill"gang wont like that comment,but you are dead right

Comment

I agree Benny, I have always deemed Blackstock as a player who is an average championship striker but ultimatley would not be able to make the step up to the prem. However if we are getting rid, then it would be insanity to not bring in a player with a similar/better scoring record or else we are regressing instead of progressing.
                      Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Originally posted by qprjim View Post
                        I agree Benny, I have always deemed Blackstock as a player who is an average championship striker but ultimatley would not be able to make the step up to the prem. However if we are getting rid, then it would be insanity to not bring in a player with a similar/better scoring record or else we are regressing instead of progressing.
                        I'd even go as far to say that he's better than just an average CCC striker based on the fact that there were only about 10 strikers who finished with a higher goal tally than him last season and they played much more minutes (I would have thought) than Dex with in some cases a higher level of player round them. Dex was unfortunate that all our creative players were missing for most of the season.

As I say...I've never maintained he's a gifted footballer, but he's a striker who scores goals. I'm a massive fan of Vine, but as good as he is at creating, he's not a goal scorer like Dex nor are Heider and Aggy.

Heider has the best chance of getting anywhere near Dex's 14 goal tally and without writing him off before he's had a chance, I cannot see a striker (Picallilli) who spent his career in the lower divisions of Itallian football being a success at any level over here. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I feel (and I could be wrong) that Flabbio's dislike for Dex could be our downfall as he doesn't seem to want to spend any serious money on replacing the most important area of the team.

£3.5m deal for a midfielder is nice on paper, but other than defence is our strongest area. Goal keeper and Striker are where we'll fail if we don't get someone in quickly enough for them to get a feel of the team and gel.

With Routledge a possible departure too, we're no better off with our stars back than we were last season as they will just be replacing our biggest goal threat and a tallented pacey winger that the money we're repotedly letting them go for won't buy anyone near their standard.

I was very optemistic last week...It's amazing what a few days can do.

Comment

Imo i really didnt/dont want Dexter to leave us, Im worried if we get rid of him we wont buy someone good enough to get atleast 15 - 18 goals a season (thats my predicted amount of goals dexter might have got next season).

Although at stages in the past few years i have got fed up with his lazy attitude and work rate he does score goals, and it was his 14 goals that saved us from relegation a couple of seasons ago.
                          Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by qprjames View Post
                            Wouldnt surpise me

We either need to sell him or give him a new contract-dont want him going for free next year

I agree.

I know he has been top scorer for 2 out of 3 seasons, but he isn't likely to sign a new deal, so will leave for free, next Summer.

I don't think he is vital to QPR winning promotion and can be replaced...if the Board are willing to buy someone with a proven record at this level.

Then again, they might just get lucky with injuries and either Helguson, Agyemang, Connolly (if signs and stays fit) or Pepsicola might actually score 15 goals in a season.

The squad currently has at least 5 players who can get into double figures over the whole season:
                            Buzsaky, Vine, Rowlands (if QPR are awarded penalties and he takes them), Helguson and Agyemang (provided they stay fit).

Add in some contributions from Routledge, Cook, Ephraim, Leigertwood, Faurlin, Mahon, Gorkss & Stewart (20 amongst them is not unreasonable) and QPR have enough to score around 65 goals next season. If the defence can replicate or even improve on last seasons record, it should be enough to win 20 games (min).

Comment

Stan...I admire your optemism, but Vine has only hit 10 once at this level, Aggy only once in a 10 year career, rowlands not very often. Relying on gifts from other teams for pens is hardly good to base goals on either.

Heider has a chance if he remembers where the goal is and we all know buzz is capable but I fear you are way, way off with your predicted goal tallies for our strikers.

Comment

Working...
                              X