Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QPR/Fulham - why the bad blood between us ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR/Fulham - why the bad blood between us ?

I have supported QPR for over 40years and have always looked upon Fulham as our friendly neighbours who share a common enemy with us in Chelsea.
    So why have attitudes changes so much in recent years ? Back in the 70's and 80's when we were more successful and Fulham were languishing in the old Div's 3 and 4, i almost looked upon them as my 2nd team and even went down Craven Cottage on the odd Saturday when we had a long road trip which i didn't fancy or couldn't afford.
    At the recent league match i was saddened by the amount of hatred that appeared to exist between the two sets of supporters. Yes it was a local derby and you would expect a feisty affair with no quarter given by the players but after the game i would expect to be able to have a beer with their fans and have a laugh at Chelsea - that would appear to be no longer the case.

Slightly precious?

Who give a s**t in all honesty. They are local rivals, and I have no love for them. No hatred as such as they don't bother me, but they are a bit of a divvy club. Granted, they appear to be well run, but they are a tourist club who've generated 90% of their supporters in the last 10 years or so.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Who gives a f*ck, the 1-0 against sc um, made the 6-0 defeat feel decent result!!

Comment

you

you have supported qpr forty years ive supported qpr fifty years,so i will educate you
        in the old days we always got on well with fulham,but in the middle seventies we tried to do a love game a bit like last weeks tottenham game
        people really put themselves out phone calls were made
        somewhere around 500 qpr fans were m,assed in the golden gloves but we all said
        lets all be nice,so because we thought it was a love game instead of marching to fulham in one big army,we approached the fulham in twenties and fifties
        when we got to the ground,the qpr fans just dispersed
        around 150 of the qpr went into the fulham end,to be confronted by smiling chelsea fans,the violence that followed was sheer carnage
        and qpr fans got badley injured
        next year we once more got fulham in yet another cup game,qpr fans were now looking for revenge
        but more phone calls came from the fulham game ,telling us it wasnt there fault,and they hate chelsea
        amazingly we the qpr trusted them,only tyo be attacked again by chelsea
        but this time fulham were clearly with them
        afterwards they called us mugs,we the rangers never forget those two cup games
        thats why there is so much hatred,the fulham decesion was backed by the fact that chelsea,had a hooligan firm three thousand strong
        now hooliganism is dying and chelsea can only match qprs numbers so fulham are terrified that qpr will remember those two cups
        SO IN TIME ALL THIS RUBBISH WILL BE FORGOTTEN,AND WE CAN ALL LIVE IN PACIFISTIC HARMONY,BUT FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF SEASONS ITS GOING TO BE VERY INTENCE BUT THEN IT WILL CALM DOWN.
        so does that help do you now understand why all the hatred
        or have you joined the rest of the posters,in thinking im completely off me head
        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Its more to do with the fact they taunted and jeered us back in 2001 when they were going up and we were going down. They lit the fuse so **** them
          Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Personally ive hated those w ankers since the mid 90s, never gave a s hit about them before that ,one way or another. Ive nother major against the 6000 or so real Fulham fans ,( i used to work on site with a few of their boys , and they were good lads ) its the rest i cant stand.
            Those gloating glory hunters filling Craven Cottage makes my blood boil, just turning up and thinking they are bigger then us.
            Now its gone for me into full blown hatred , even if i meet one socially ,i have to either blank them or have a row ,whatever mood i happen to be in at the time.
            I still enjoy a dig at Chelsea , but they dont get me anywhere near as fired up as Fulham.
            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

In GENERAL we hate em like any other team but as individuals having a beer with them or any other fan its no problem. Allways like a good old banter with other fans thats what makes football.

Comment

i don't hate Fulham. I mean how can you really hate them, it just a friendly happy clapping tourist club

Comment

I love the fact that there is a growing hatred between the clubs and long may it continue, its what rivalries are all about.

Comment

'We'll never play you again'.
                    Their hatred for us.
                    Louis Saha smashing Carlisle and Langley.
                    Looking down on them.
                    Al Fayed.

Comment

i'll stripe any fulham fan who wants to know!
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

i'll get me coat...........

Comment

Think it was them singing "we'll never play you again" the year we went down from memory. They are also a more realistic club to build up a rivalry with. Whether we like it or not Chelsea are in a different financial league to us (even now) whereas in the next two or three years I can see us over-taking Fulham once more.

Comment

Muggy little club.

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                              you have supported qpr forty years ive supported qpr fifty years,so i will educate you
                              in the old days we always got on well with fulham,but in the middle seventies we tried to do a love game a bit like last weeks tottenham game
                              people really put themselves out phone calls were made
                              somewhere around 500 qpr fans were m,assed in the golden gloves but we all said
                              lets all be nice,so because we thought it was a love game instead of marching to fulham in one big army,we approached the fulham in twenties and fifties
                              when we got to the ground,the qpr fans just dispersed
                              around 150 of the qpr went into the fulham end,to be confronted by smiling chelsea fans,the violence that followed was sheer carnage
                              and qpr fans got badley injured
                              next year we once more got fulham in yet another cup game,qpr fans were now looking for revenge
                              but more phone calls came from the fulham game ,telling us it wasnt there fault,and they hate chelsea
                              amazingly we the qpr trusted them,only tyo be attacked again by chelsea
                              but this time fulham were clearly with them
                              afterwards they called us mugs,we the rangers never forget those two cup games
                              thats why there is so much hatred,the fulham decesion was backed by the fact that chelsea,had a hooligan firm three thousand strong
                              now hooliganism is dying and chelsea can only match qprs numbers so fulham
                              are terrified that qpr will remember those two cups
                              SO IN TIME ALL THIS RUBBISH WILL BE FORGOTTEN,AND WE CAN ALL LIVE IN PACIFISTIC HARMONY,BUT FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF SEASONS ITS GOING
                              TO BE VERY INTENCE BUT THEN IT WILL CALM DOWN.
                              so does that help do you now understand why all the hatred
                              or have you joined the rest of the posters,in thinking im completely off me
                              head
                              Isn't that the script for Braveheart

Comment

Working...
                              X