Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To The Moaners

I dont understand why alot of us are so negative at the moment :chill:

Look at the squad now compared to 3 seasons or even 2 seasons ago.

Last season we were plagued with injuries and the management changes didnt help.

This season we got an experienced management team in. We have got back our creative talents back from injury (Vine & Buzsaky) along with last seasons additions of Routledge and Helguson.

At the back Gorkss & Conolly are a big plus and i think both will have good seasons.

We still got Blackstock like him or not he can get goals.

Magilton has already said we need a keeper (which i think Lesjal is on tour) and a full-back.

So lets just chill out, on paper our squad is the best in years. We should all just roar on our team from the first game at home to Blackpool.

Because if we just start beleveing the players might start beleveing and who knows what can happen.

Rant Over

Players and management deliver then the support will follow.

But don't worry I will be cheering the lads as I have always done
    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Personally I think some of the stuff some of our supporters have been writing on MB's over the past few months inparticular is nothing short of a disgrace and they should hang their heads in shame. I have never known such a lack of impatience and narrow mindeness at times and don't mind pointing the finger at those perpetraitors either.
      Last edited by W12_Ranger; 15-07-2009, 10:06 AM.

Comment

"I have never known such a lack of impatience and narrow mindeness at times and don't mind pointing the finger at those perpetraitors either."

From the supporters or the board?
        "Originally Posted by qblockpete
        QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
        Swansea will finish in bottom 6
        Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

i agree with Lee. We have a lot of things to be positive about. We signed a promising midfielder (probably not £3.5mil but still a decent amount), the board seem to be letting JM get on with his job now, they are now charging much more reasonable prices for games, and i think we havea good side too. I think most of the negativity is due to the fact that we are still 2 or 3 players short of a promotion team - but theres still time, and hopefully something will happen. We know a fullback will def come in, JM said it himself, and a backup goalkeeper. Looks like a striker will be signing too - whether he will be the last signing, nobody knows. Our team is capable of scoring now though

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
            Personally I think some of the stuff some of our supporters have been writing on MB's over the past few months inparticular is nothing short of a disgrace and they should hang their heads in shame. I have never known such a lack of impatience and narrow mindeness at times and don't mind pointing the finger at those perpetraitors either.
            you do that mate. Your very brave.
            Ill be there cheering them on as always, i back the all the players 100% and have never booed them. Its the muppets at the top that have got me worried...i think they are the ones that need to show some patience and get through the season without sacking a couple of managers would be nice. After last season they are the ones who should be hanging their heads in shame. Spending a bit of money instead of doing everything on the cheap would be a statement of intent also and might get a few more fans back on their side.

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
              "I have never known such a lack of impatience and narrow mindeness at times and don't mind pointing the finger at those perpetraitors either."

From the supporters or the board?
              Or conversely........

" I have never known such toadyism, bootlicking and hagiographies and narrow mindness at times at don't mind pointing the finger at the perpetrators either."

For every ying, there's a yang.

It's called OPINION!

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                you do that mate. Your very brave.
                Ill be there cheering them on as always, i back the all the players 100% and have never booed them. Its the muppets at the top that have got me worried...i think they are the ones that need to show some patience and get through the season without sacking a couple of managers would be nice. After last season they are the ones who should be hanging their heads in shame. Spending a bit of money instead of doing everything on the cheap would be a statement of intent also and might get a few more fans back on their side.
                Exactly.

Yes, it does look like we are better off on the pitch, but what about off it? Have they really inveasted their money or simply provided it to the club as loans? If the former, happy days, if the latter, the debt grows, which means that IF they get bored when things don't work out, the club will be harder to offload.

So, forgive me for being reserved in my judgement. If they keep with Jim and John for this season at least (barring being in the bottom three at Xmas of course...), keep their noses out of the football side of things, leave transfers to J&J, pay a little more attention to the fans and stop with the bloody SPIN, SPIN, SPIN that comes out of Loftus Road, I'll be happy. Until they (mainly Flab) can demonstrate that they have the patience to do all of that, there are still reasons for pessimism. Sorry.

Still think we're going to have our highest finish in the league for at least ten years!

Comment

Some people are pessimists so can't help but moan, thankfully other people are optimists and balance out the moaning with positive comments. I'd defo put myself in the optimist catagory and believe the board are learning from their mistakes. In the long run it will be good for the club.
                  Lets face it they were all new to football and woudlnt have known what it takes to bring success in football despite the obvious success they have had in their previous business ventures.
                  We have one of the best squads in the championship and are only a couple of players away from a team capable of automatic promotion.
                  Keep the faith and the good times will come!

Comment

It's true some fans are pessimists others are optimists and others just like to moan. However 'learning from their mistakes', I would question that.

So far this season's signings are a little known Argentinian 2nd Division player (who may turn out to be a gem) and if rumours are true a 28 year old striker from the lower leagues in Italy. We might also add David Connolly to the list of signings, an injury prone 32 year old striker with a half decent goal/game ratio.

And like last year, no recognised full backs at the club apart from one who was signed and then deemed not even good enough for the bench.

I don't see many signs that they are learning much or very quickly.

Comment

Stan I have to say I agree with everything you have said old boy
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        It's true some fans are pessimists others are optimists and others just like to moan. However 'learning from their mistakes', I would question that.

So far this season's signings are a little known Argentinian 2nd Division player (who may turn out to be a gem) and if rumours are true a 28 year old striker from the lower leagues in Italy. We might also add David Connolly to the list of signings, an injury prone 32 year old striker with a half decent goal/game ratio.

And like last year, no recognised full backs at the club apart from one who was signed and then deemed not even good enough for the bench.

I don't see many signs that they are learning much or very quickly.
                        I agree.

Man City fans are being asked to pay the same price next season for far far more talent on display. While QPR fans are being asked to pay more then previously asked and therefore expectations and demands will be higher as a result.

Comment

I'm cool
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by larkspur_hoop View Post
                            Some people are pessimists so can't help but moan, thankfully other people are optimists and balance out the moaning with positive comments. I'd defo put myself in the optimist catagory and believe the board are learning from their mistakes. In the long run it will be good for the club.
                            Lets face it they were all new to football and woudlnt have known what it takes to bring success in football despite the obvious success they have had in their previous business ventures.
                            We have one of the best squads in the championship and are only a couple of players away from a team capable of automatic promotion.
                            Keep the faith and the good times will come!

For me as someone who is broadly appreciative of what the board has done this is the frustration. My complaint is not that they haven't spent money (because they have) but that they have marched three quarters of the way up the hill without showing the ambition to reach the summit.

You are right, we are just a couple of players short of a promotion winning team. But those need to be good players (Fox and Lita, or Beckford and Spurr for example) and while there is still plenty of time, it seems unlikely we will be getting players of that quality.

The frustration for me is I can see this team falling narrowly short, perhaps finishing about 7th or 8th or maybe even just scraping into the play offs but barring some amazing end of season spurt of form, falling short once we get there. And all to save two or three million when they are already in for many times that amount.

Really, if the board's ambition is simply to stay up in the Championship they have actually over-spent - they cd have got away with it on far less. But they haven't (so far) spent quite enough to get us promoted. As many of the signings have been of older players, its not even as if they can say they are being patient and happy to wait for the players to mature and then go up.

In conclusion, then, I don't understand their strategy. Which isn't to say its wrong, but I would love to question them in detail about precisely how they think they are building a promotion winning team. If any of you can explain it to me, I'd love to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                              For me as someone who is broadly appreciative of what the board has done this is the frustration. My complaint is not that they haven't spent money (because they have) but that they have marched three quarters of the way up the hill without showing the ambition to reach the summit.

You are right, we are just a couple of players short of a promotion winning team. But those need to be good players (Fox and Lita, or Beckford and Spurr for example) and while there is still plenty of time, it seems unlikely we will be getting players of that quality.

The frustration for me is I can see this team falling narrowly short, perhaps finishing about 7th or 8th or maybe even just scraping into the play offs but barring some amazing end of season spurt of form, falling short once we get there. And all to save two or three million when they are already in for many times that amount.

Really, if the board's ambition is simply to stay up in the Championship they have actually over-spent - they cd have got away with it on far less. But they haven't (so far) spent quite enough to get us promoted. As many of the signings have been of older players, its not even as if they can say they are being patient and happy to wait for the players to mature and then go up.

In conclusion, then, I don't understand their strategy. Which isn't to say its wrong, but I would love to question them in detail about precisely how they think they are building a promotion winning team. If any of you can explain it to me, I'd love to hear it.
                              EXACTLY - Nail on the head.......I get the impression that they do really want to do it, but haven't quite got the "cojones" to push it over the line.

Good spot!

Comment

Working...
                              X