Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hulse on target!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • paulmason
    Banned
    • Mar 2009
    • 7443

    #16
    Originally posted by Mellowhoop
    Tbf Morris that comparison is spot on.. Jb has done the same as hulse last year.
    Hulse scored last year.................

    Comment

    • MattyRangers
      Slimmer of The Year
      • Jun 2011
      • 24914

      #17
      Originally posted by paulmason
      Hulse scored last year.................
      Anybody would think Bothroyd stole a bird off you in school the way you have this grudge against him Paul

      Yes Hulse scored.... 2 in 21 games in the CCC.
      Bothroyd has played 7 PL games.

      Hardly a fair comparison.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

      Comment

      • paulmason
        Banned
        • Mar 2009
        • 7443

        #18
        Originally posted by MattyRangers
        Anybody would think Bothroyd stole a bird off you in school the way you have this grudge against him Paul

        Yes Hulse scored.... 2 in 21 games in the CCC.
        Bothroyd has played 7 PL games.

        Hardly a fair comparison.
        Here we go again.

        Stats are stats Matty and you seem to have forget he did not / could not score against Rochdale either. I have no grudge at all, but a striker scores goals and he has scored none in 8 games. He should have been dropped after the Newcastle game but no, he has plodded on producing squat apart from a few touches and worst of all, he is now looking nervous in front if goal.
        Last edited by paulmason; 12-10-2011, 09:21 AM.

        Comment

        • MattyRangers
          Slimmer of The Year
          • Jun 2011
          • 24914

          #19
          Originally posted by paulmason
          Here we go again.

          Stats are stats Matty and you seem to have forget he did not / could not score against Rochdale either. I have no grudge at all, a striker scores goals and he has scored none in 8 games. He should have been dropped after the Newcastle game but no, he has plodded on producing squat and worst of all looking nervous in front if goal.
          Exactly Paul, they dont lie.

          Im not saying Bothroyd is brilliant by and means, he isnt. But to compare him to Hulse is almost laughable IMO.

          Despite not scoring, Bothroyd has (in most, not all, games) played well with his link up play and holding up the ball whilst playing against top defenders. Whereas Hulse was poor in a majority of games against CCC defenders. The fact that Bothroyd got 18 in 37 CCC games last year vs Hulse 2 in 21 says it all for me.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

          Comment

          • paulmason
            Banned
            • Mar 2009
            • 7443

            #20
            Originally posted by MattyRangers
            Exactly Paul, they dont lie.

            Im not saying Bothroyd is brilliant by and means, he isnt. But to compare him to Hulse is almost laughable IMO.
            I am not comparing anyone, I simply said that "Hulse scored last year................." and you misinterpreted what I said, cant see how but it happens I guess. I would not have either of those lumps in a team of mine.

            Comment

            • MattyRangers
              Slimmer of The Year
              • Jun 2011
              • 24914

              #21
              Originally posted by paulmason
              I am not comparing anyone, I simply said that "Hulse scored last year................." and you misinterpreted what I said, cant see how but it happens I guess. I would not have either of those lumps in a team of mine.
              Obviously a highly highly intelligent man then arent you esquire
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

              Comment

              • Mellowhoop
                Gold Seat
                • Apr 2010
                • 5698

                #22
                Bothroyd was deemed a prem player... Hulse was a champ player... ATM he don't look like a prem player... Maybe it's the system I don't know but i think people will sig at him cause his body language aint great.
                http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

                Comment

                • paulmason
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 7443

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Mellowhoop
                  Bothroyd was deemed a prem player... Hulse was a champ player... ATM he don't look like a prem player... Maybe it's the system I don't know but i think people will sig at him cause his body language aint great.
                  The system we play makes a striker play with his back to goal, holding the ball up and bringing others into play, instead of allowing the striker to attack the goal, which is their natural instinct, we are effectively coaching attacking the goal out of our strikers. This needs to change as without goals, we are history.

                  Comment

                  • MattyRangers
                    Slimmer of The Year
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 24914

                    #24
                    Originally posted by paulmason
                    The system we play makes a striker play with his back to goal, holding the ball up and bringing others into play, instead of allowing the striker to attack the goal, which is their natural instinct, but we are coaching it out of them.

                    This needs to change as without goals, we are history.
                    We do agree on something Mason
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

                    Comment

                    Working...