• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paladini because he save the club

Comment

Originally posted by qprbrisbanedivision View Post
      Hi mare,
      you are, of course, but we have to take into account the fact that football is a very self promotional, confidence game and most negotiations arent ever done by the player but the agent....

I've seen idiot bosses and people promoted to keep them away from the production floor as they were that bad.....

Stilll think the manager should get paid the most as...The buck stops with him or her"If we play bad for 10 games, we'll still have the vast majority of same players, but, Warnock wont be here !!
      The manager is getting a fixed paid salary to get the work done at any cost hence bringing in the best and paying for the service. If its more then the manager so be it cos once the player has done the job its bye till the next one comes in. Bit like the producer bringing in Tom Cruise to star in his movie.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

Also, I noticed the OP mentioned the comparison to your own workplace and how you would feel knowing a colleauge earns alot more for the same job you know you can do better:

I feel in a bog standard workplace, yes, very true. But in a workplace where yes a colleauge may be earning 3 times what you do, but your "measly" salary still equate to over £1mill a year (in the case of Adel) I think its total sh1te.

You (the "poorly paid" employee in question) hardly have to park next to this higher earning collegaue in the carpark and watch as they exit theyre brand new Audi whilst you fiddle about with a broken lock on your old Fiesta and bend your coat hanger aerial into shape before both going to do the same job in the same office.

This "poorly paid" employee will still roll up in a brand new car with personalised plates, Rolex on wrist, kitted out in the best clothes they'll probably never wear again, with the only difference being that the "higher earner" night own 3 race horses and 4 holiday homes in comparison to your 1 race horse and 2 holiday homes.... Diddums.

As you can tell,no sympathy whatsoever for footballers that plead poverty and say they want to go for more cash, spoilt out-of-touch brats that need to step back and realise how lucky they are.
        Well said Matty.

They are all stupidly overpaid - even the lowest club earners.

Still remember the day John Barnes was given a £10k / week wage and it was big news, evern though he was the best player (for club) in the country by some margin imo. It annoys me now that nothing players can demand stupid money and never even make it as a top flight footballer. It's a farce.

As for our club... IT should be manager on parity with a top earning player as they make things happen.. would we be milking the Prem gravy train if Warnock hadn't worked miracles, no, so he deserves all he gets. As for players the wages will never match worth in reality as there are so many factors and costs suyrrounding the way people join. Players on frees will get a signing on fee of course, but could also dictate a better wage as a result the club aren't splashing £6m on them in the first place.

I would love to see a performance related pay scheme in football, based on independant stats and ratings etc in each position, so the real players that make a difference get what they deserve, but alas, it will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
          The manager is getting a fixed paid salary to get the work done at any cost hence bringing in the best and paying for the service. If its more then the manager so be it cos once the player has done the job its bye till the next one comes in. Bit like the producer bringing in Tom Cruise to star in his movie.

Ok..I employ a lot of contractors too, but its on a short term basis..so they may get a large 1 off payout but over the course of the project / work..they will earn less than me...

In the case of tom cruise..doesnt he produce his own films and therefore is the "manager" in effect..

I think Quinten tarrantino, Spielberg etc get paid more; long term; than the stars in the films......so over the course of the season..it should be Warnock...IMO

We can get a few loans in on mega money, short term..but long term they wont / shouldn't earn as much as NW....

Also...can Tom play footie or can we get Vinnie in?!!!

Comment

Working...
          X