25 man squad question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 man squad question

Can someone confirm.I'm a bit confused, I thought once the 25 man squad was submitted thats who you go with.So if you only have say 23 can you still sign free agents and then put them into the 25?

That could be a rule not sure.. but either way doesnt affect us as we named 25.
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Just under the impression that if you had less than 25 that was your gamble

Comment

You CAN sign/add free agents, players without clubs.
        Up to the 25 limit.

But that's all you can do.

Other than select Under 21's who do not need to be listed in 25 squad

Comment

Yeah i'm sure that when i read the ruling on here the other week that you can name less than 25 and add to it with free agents as and when, if applicable, but you can't remove or replace a name once submitted until the Jan window opens.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
            You CAN sign/add free agents, players without clubs.
            Up to the 25 limit.

But that's all you can do.

Other than select Under 21's who do not need to be listed in 25 squad
            Only if they do it before 5pm on September 2nd.

The reason why a number of clubs didn't submit a full squad is because you can only have a maximum of 17 non home grown players - those teams who have very few home grown players named smaller squad.

Comment

Sorry Sirpie I'm probably being thick.But can a prem team sign a player today say, and then put him in their 25, if they have room, so he can then play now?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                Sorry Sirpie I'm probably being thick.But can a prem team sign a player today say, and then put him in their 25, if they have room, so he can then play now?
                no. When the 25 man squad is announced on Sep 2 you may not add any other players over the age of 21 to your squad until Jan. (emergency goalkeepers need special permission from the FA and premier league)

Comment

Thanks Lee.The reason I asked was that Swansea have had 2 transfers blocked by FA, and a number of injuries.Reading their board some were saying they can get a free in because they have 1 space in the squad.Have also read similar ideas on Norwich board,hence my confusion.

Comment

Working...
                  X