Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On paper who do we have a better squad than then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try not to get too carried away people! We have an improved team and squad and we undoubtedly have a better team and squad than Norwich, Swansea and Wigan, but all the other teams?

As long as we stay up I'll be happy.

Comment

Paper is a very tricky surface to play on as it simply will not refuse ink and this tends to obscure the markings.

Comment

ON THERE DAYS, Taarabt, SWP, and Barton would get into any team apart from the Manchester 2 and chel****.

Bothroyd & DJ good strikers, DJ already proven at this level.

Anton good enough for a mid table side as is Young and Traore.

On paper I would say comfortable mid table, but football is not played on paper so all depends on how they gel etc.
        @chrisrobson9

Comment

Plymouth
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I think we have a good enough team to stay up, but the worrying thing is our run in at the end of the season. Lets just hope we have enough points by then to be safe enough

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
              ON THERE DAYS, Taarabt, SWP, and Barton would get into any team apart from the Manchester 2 and chel****.

Bothroyd & DJ good strikers, DJ already proven at this level.

Anton good enough for a mid table side as is Young and Traore.

On paper I would say comfortable mid table, but football is not played on paper so all depends on how they gel etc.
              Agreed and how many teams in expected to be around us can boast that.

Personally thein SWP and Barton will be revelations at Rangers....hope Adel steps up sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
                Try not to get too carried away people! We have an improved team and squad and we undoubtedly have a better team and squad than Norwich, Swansea and Wigan, but all the other teams?

spot on mate, to say we are on par with the likes of sunderland and stoke is wishful thinking im afraid!
                LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post

It really is incredible how carried away some of our fans get.

With these new signings, I think we've got a very good chance of avoiding relegation. But to say we're better than the likes of Sunderland and Everton.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post

It really is incredible how carried away some of our fans get.

With these new signings, I think we've got a very good chance of avoiding relegation. But to say we're better than the likes of Sunderland and Everton.....
                    Thats why the question was put as 'on paper', I guess you missed that bit

Comment

There are a number of squads who we can comfortably feel we are better than, Norwich, Swans, Wigan.

Of the others, they all have decent players among them so anything can happen on a given day.

What i actually think is that we not only have a competitive squad now, but also a great manager who feels secure enough to express himself through the players, and can throw some caution to the wind where possible, without worrying that he'll lose his job with a few bad results. That makes a massive difference as the tendancy won;t always be "must not lose" as is the case with many teams hence so much negative play / formations etc in the prem...

Add to that the massive feel good factor and anything is possible.

There will be shocks this year i'm sure, but i expect there will be at least one club that have good players, but simply dont perform, or the clubs in a bit of turmoil and find themselves in a dogfight. Everton could easilly find this, as could Newcastle or Sunderland.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                        Agreed and how many teams in expected to be around us can boast that.

Personally thein SWP and Barton will be revelations at Rangers....hope Adel steps up sooner rather than later.
                        I reckon with the likes of swp and barton around him, taarabt will start to get better.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                          Thats why the question was put as 'on paper', I guess you missed that bit
                          No, I didn't actually. We're not better than the likes of Sunderland, Stoke and Everton on paper in my opinion. These are established Premiership clubs, boasting quality players in most areas of the pitch and, crucially, in reserve. As one would expect with a newly-promoted side, we still have an abundance of Championship players in our squad (Orr, Connolly, Hill, Hall, Helguson etc).

That's not to say I'm unhappy with the progress under Fernandes, Bhatia and Warnock. We've made some really good additions to the side over the summer, which should give us enough to avoid relegation. The main aim this season must be to stay up and I'm optimistic that we will do so - the signings of SWP, Barton, Traore, Young and Ferdinand have certainly given us an edge over Swansea, Norwich, Wigan and Blackburn.

Obviously like everybody on here I would love us to gain a mid-table finish, but I think realistically we still have a fight on our hands. However, it's a fight that we are more than capable of winning with our new signings!

Comment

No, I didn't actually. We're not better than the likes of Sunderland, Stoke and Everton on paper in my opinion. These are established Premiership clubs, boasting quality players in most areas of the pitch and, crucially, in reserve. As one would expect with a newly-promoted side, we still have an abundance of Championship players in our squad (Orr, Connolly, Hill, Hall, Helguson etc).

That's not to say I'm unhappy with the progress under Fernandes, Bhatia and Warnock. We've made some really good additions to the side over the summer, which should give us enough to avoid relegation. The main aim this season must be to stay up and I'm optimistic that we will do so - the signings of SWP, Barton, Traore, Young and Ferdinand have certainly given us an edge over Swansea, Norwich, Wigan and Blackburn.

Obviously like everybody on here I would love us to gain a mid-table finish, but I think realistically we still have a fight on our hands. However, it's a fight that we are more than capable of winning with our new signings!
                            very true, good post!
                            LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Best post yet on the subject
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X