QPR want to sign David Beckham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR want to sign David Beckham

QPR's new owner Tony Fernandes is planning a swoop for David Beckham.

The Malaysian tycoon reckons it will help Becks' Olympic dream and wants him at Loftus Road as soon as his MLS season ends with LA Galaxy.

He believes the ex-England captain will be tempted by the promise of regular first-team football in the run-up to the London extravaganza.

Beckham, now 36, has made no secret of the fact he wants to play in the 2012 Games.

Fernandes knows Becks will not come cheap but believes shirt sales and other merchandising will more than cover the cost of bringing him to West London.

The player's Galaxy deal expires at the end of the season.

He has been offered a new one but, so far, has not committed himself.

A Rangers insider said: "Tony promised Neil Warnock plenty of support in the transfer market and proved that in the recent window.

"But bringing Beckham back to England next month would top the lot — and it's not a pipe-dream."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...d-Beckham.html

I would love for that to happen! I wanna see him bang in the freekicks against Utd, Chelsea, City at Loftus Road; it would be amazing!
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Would put our club on the map worldwideand generate a lot of money.
      Lakshmi Mittal 7/5/11 'We need to have a good manager like Neil to take the team to the TOP of the league over a period of time'

Comment

Can you see it happening though because after all this is the newspaper that said we was getting the points deduction!! haha

Comment

Im confused how would this work? He wouldnt be able to play and transfer window is **** and registration has been done
          Lakshmi Mittal 7/5/11 'We need to have a good manager like Neil to take the team to the TOP of the league over a period of time'

Comment

If it was to happen it would have to be in the january transfer window

Comment

And the 25 have been named, so that's that.
              Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                And the 25 have been named, so that's that.
                Can it not be changed in january?

Comment

It can be changed in january but we will bring in a striker or two(NW said he was disapointed not to get one),personally I wouldn't want David beckam,36 year old male model who would want a huge salary,no thanks

Comment

Please let this NOT be true....

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                      It can be changed in january but we will bring in a striker or two(NW said he was disapointed not to get one),personally I wouldn't want David beckam,36 year old male model who would want a huge salary,no thanks
                      Actually you're right, I'd rather a female model because she could be used to put off the opposition whilst our boys take advantage of the situation.

Comment

He would offer something, if only around the training ground initially. The younger players, and even the seniors could learn a lot about his proffessionalism and ability.

I Actually think a lot of prem clubs wouldn;t bother with him now, but there could be something in this. Don;t forget Fernandes mentioned something about an announcement or whatever, and he clearly wants to promote us in the far east to generate revenue streams and fan base etc... what better way then the biggest icon of all in that part of the world. How many shirts would they sell over there alone? And for that reason, they may be able to get additional funding from whoever is the main sponsor come the time to help make it happen as it would seriously benefit them also....

Can't see it, but you never know.

Comment

Commercially Beckham would put QPR on the map. A pre season tour in Asia with DB the rinky dinks would go bananas and shirt sales would go through the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                            Commercially Beckham would put QPR on the map. A pre season tour in Asia with DB the rinky dinks would go bananas and shirt sales would go through the roof.
                            Adel would get the hump though as his image rights deal would only generate revenue from 10 shirt sales, 5 key rings and 3 posters......

Comment

NO TA!

Comment

Working...
                              X