Although he may not play many games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Although he may not play many games

Does anybody else feel that Kieron Dyer could be one of our most important signings, simply because reports suggest he was important in convincing Barton to come and in turn Barton was involved in convincing SWP to join.

I hope Kieron gets fit because with him flying how good will we look?
    “You can keep that silly fat w@nker. The lads can't lift him”

No bit part player now

Comment

I don't think you see what I was trying to say, more of the domino affect of him joining in turn convincing others to.

I agree he wont be a regular first teamer.
      “You can keep that silly fat w@nker. The lads can't lift him”

Comment

No. I don't think anyone would be attracted to a club becuase they have Dyer there.

I am in a minority, I know, but think he is a waste of a squad place. Don't make the mistake of thinking we have nothing to lose as he is "pay as you play"....because pay as you play for a Premier League footballer still means he will get a basic salary most of us couldn't get in a lifetime. He just gets most of his salary through appearances.

He will play hardly any games for us and when he does he will be out of touch and limp off.

I hope I am wrong, but think the other signings will be far, far more important for the club.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

See what you are saying B but am inclined to agree that he would not be a factor in top players signing.
          I am totally serious though in saying IF (and yes it is a huge if) he can keep himself fit, he will be as good as any player we have signed in this window. Before the other day we were being told there was no pace in our squad whereas Dyer, despite the years of injuries, still has blistering pace and no small measure of skill to match.
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

More chance of Ferenc Puskás getting back to full fitness and he's been dead for 5 years.

PS - This is not a negative post.
            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

no chance, the only ones he might encourage to join are players in same position who will know without a doubt he will be injured and therefore no challenge to their place

Comment

Get him fit and he would be one of our best and most important players.

Comment

Originally posted by bpr11 View Post
                  I don't think you see what I was trying to say, more of the domino affect of him joining in turn convincing others to.

I agree he wont be a regular first teamer.
                  No convincing Barton was the domino effect you refer to

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                    Get him fit and he would be one of our best and most important players.
                    and if i had £10 mill in the bank id date a supermodel

hes spent 4 years trying to be fit, it aint gonna happen will have a wager now he will not play more then 540 mins of football this season in the league. he would be a waste of a place in the 25 wed effectively have a 24 man squad

Comment

If he can keep himself fit for a number of games i thnk he could turn out to be a gem.

He has said publically since leaving West Ham medical advisors have questioned the advice he'd been given by them when injured, suggesting it certainly caused him to be out longer than necessary due to rushing back and breaking down again etc.

He is definitely worth a squad place because when fit, he could make a difference, especially against tired defences. There will be a fair few in the 25 who won't play this season, so allowing a space for him makes sense, especially as he'll offer options (wide, up front, off the CF, in a 3 or 4, plus RB in emergencies).

None of us expect him to be fit all season, but if we get 10/15/20 productive perforanmces out of him then that's good enough for me.

Just think if chasing a game, we could have a fit Dyer, SWP, DJ and Puncheon running at teams on the break... tons of pace and could be a real handful with Taraabt / Barton / Buz / Faurlin feeding them....

Give the guy a chance. By all accounts he worked twice as hard as others in pre season to get fit again, and i heard comments that he was superb in some of the games. The injury against Bolton was unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post
                        and if i had £10 mill in the bank id date a supermodel

hes spent 4 years trying to be fit, it aint gonna happen will have a wager now he will not play more then 540 mins of football this season in the league. he would be a waste of a place in the 25 wed effectively have a 24 man squad
                        We have less than that with Agyemang in there, you don't need 25, and he is top quality when fit. Lets see what happens, very unlucky against Bolton with a boot on top of the foot, and as said at west ham was diagnosed with the wrong injury hence the wrong rehab.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                          If he can keep himself fit for a number of games i thnk he could turn out to be a gem.

He has said publically since leaving West Ham medical advisors have questioned the advice he'd been given by them when injured, suggesting it certainly caused him to be out longer than necessary due to rushing back and breaking down again etc.

He is definitely worth a squad place because when fit, he could make a difference, especially against tired defences. There will be a fair few in the 25 who won't play this season, so allowing a space for him makes sense, especially as he'll offer options (wide, up front, off the CF, in a 3 or 4, plus RB in emergencies).

None of us expect him to be fit all season, but if we get 10/15/20 productive perforanmces out of him then that's good enough for me.

Just think if chasing a game, we could have a fit Dyer, SWP, DJ and Puncheon running at teams on the break... tons of pace and could be a real handful with Taraabt / Barton / Buz / Faurlin feeding them....

Give the guy a chance. By all accounts he worked twice as hard as others in pre season to get fit again, and i heard comments that he was superb in some of the games. The injury against Bolton was unfortunate.
                          Top post Del
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                            We have less than that with Agyemang in there, you don't need 25, and he is top quality when fit. Lets see what happens, very unlucky against Bolton with a boot on top of the foot, and as said at west ham was diagnosed with the wrong injury hence the wrong rehab.
                            i know you guys talk a lot of sense and i do accept what your saying, i do agree that if he was fit he d be good, but he never will, i really wanted to give him a chance after my westham pals kept ribbing me, but when he had 6 paramedics carry him off with what proved to be nothing more then a bruise d foot i gave up!!
                            seriously believe this guy has the lowest pain threshold in football

Comment

I think Dyer will have a decent say in our final position. I can't see him as much more that an impact sub now, but he could help rescue a point or win the game from there.
                              Last edited by BennyBoyRs; 02-09-2011, 01:20 PM.
                              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Working...
                              X