Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norwich fans starting to realise the score here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EYR View Post
    Pompey Mk II? I dont remember Pompey having a billionaire like Mittal on the board.

Really is frustrating when people keeping mentioning us as "the next Portsmouth" as though our owners are clueless as to what theyre doing. Between Amit, Lakshmi, Tony, his 2 Malaysian consortium partners and Phil Beard, we have an extremley competant and sucessful bunch of businessman. Anybody that thinks they haven't planned the future finances of the club in detail, forecasting every little detail really is being naive.

We are in safe hands.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

Really is frustrating when people keeping mentioning us as "the next Portsmouth" as though our owners are clueless as to what theyre doing. Between Amit, Lakshmi, Tony, his 2 Malaysian consortium partners and Phil Beard, we have an extremley competant and sucessful bunch of businessman. Anybody that thinks they haven't planned the future finances of the club in detail, forecasting every little detail really is being naive.

We are in safe hands.
      its all jealousy mate, stemming from the fact that they want to have 5 fingers like us but the 6th just keeps growing back...
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

We are in safe hands.
        Sounds EXACTLY like what my Pompey mate said to me when they got to the Cup Final with their multi millionaire owner when I asked him how they could sustain their wage bill...

...but enough of that' Happy Days (for now anyway...)

Comment

Originally posted by davman View Post
          Sounds EXACTLY like what my Pompey mate said to me when they got to the Cup Final with their multi millionaire owner when I asked him how they could sustain their wage bill...

...but enough of that' Happy Days (for now anyway...)
          Pompeys ownership was always shady, being passed from owner to owner (had 3 different owners in 1 season if i remember correctly?). Our new ownership is totally different (although granted I am liable to be biased). TF has come in and given all the correct assurances and, yes its easy to say those things, but I genuinally think he is a sensible man that will ensure our future.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Pompeys ownership was always shady, being passed from owner to owner (had 3 different owners in 1 season if i remember correctly?). Our new ownership is totally different (although granted I am liable to be biased). TF has come in and given all the correct assurances and, yes its easy to say those things, but I genuinally think he is a sensible man that will ensure our future.
            Matty, no need to go here at all, but do you REALLY think that the Pompey fans thought anything other than what you typed at the time the money was being splashed around? They didn't know and neither do we. Granted, we know that TF is a rich man and, by all accounts a very succesful businessman, but if QPR starts do go sour and he wants out, then who knows what'll happen?

In all likelihood, it'll probably work out okay, but you shouldn't be so naive to discount the possibility just because players are coming in.

We are a small club by PL standards these days and unless the board truly invest (ie GIVE) funds, we cannot be competitive. Hopefully they are willing to fund these losses year on year without increasing the club's debt.

Only time will tell...

Comment

We could all get run over by a bus tomorrow

Comment

Everybody wanted the Mittals to bankroll us and when they do everybody starts getting cold feet.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                  Everybody wanted the Mittals to bankroll us and when they do everybody starts getting cold feet.
                  Who's getting cold feet? They can bankroll us all they want; all I am bothered with is that they are truly bankrolling us and will not at any point in the future tell us it was all loans and then wind up the club. As far as I am aware; we're still listed, which means that we will see the clubs accounts each season - let's just wait and see what happens to the debt, shall we????

And QPRDave is spot on, we could get run over by a bus tomorrow! However, if I wanted to carry this one on, so could Fernandes AND Mittal, so where would that leave us????

I'm not losing sleep over any of this; the phrase is a 'watching brief' I think...

Comment

We still need focus on getting a decent centre back in...really not that worried about our attacking options anymore

Comment

That's sort of what I was trying to say davman.I understand caution having witnessed other teams taken over by "sugar daddies" for want of a better word, and those fans thought christmas had come early, you're right.
                      But I don't see the point of worrying over something that might happen.
                      Mr. Mittal, Mr. Fernandes, and partners have been in place barely 2 weeks so lets give them a chance to show what they are about.
                      They seem to have a long term strategy, and I for one am glad Amit is onboard, I think he has the best interests of the club at heart.

Comment

Seems like the welsh *******s are thinking along the same lines as naaarwich also

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/vi...ed32c46a1d7a85

Comment

As has been said, a lot of jealous people out there

Comment

Originally posted by davman View Post
                            Matty, no need to go here at all, but do you REALLY think that the Pompey fans thought anything other than what you typed at the time the money was being splashed around? They didn't know and neither do we. Granted, we know that TF is a rich man and, by all accounts a very succesful businessman, but if QPR starts do go sour and he wants out, then who knows what'll happen?

In all likelihood, it'll probably work out okay, but you shouldn't be so naive to discount the possibility just because players are coming in.

We are a small club by PL standards these days and unless the board truly invest (ie GIVE) funds, we cannot be competitive. Hopefully they are willing to fund these losses year on year without increasing the club's debt.

Only time will tell...
                            the best contribution on here regarding club finances since the takeover;you are spot on with your concerns. That doesn't mean that Armageddon will happen,but as you say a watching brief is no harm at all.

Comment

Working...
                            X