My view on today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post
    I've read the op time and time again and, whilst I agree with everything you say except for Derry, I can find no reference to the completely inadequate defending by Master Matty Connolly. Surely you don't think he had an okay game?
    I do think he is a good player but seems incapable of playing his way into a game. He's either good or shizen. Today the shizen version
    Was it conners who give the ball away in our box in the first half, we got lucky there.

Comment

Watched the game online and thought Agyemang did "A job" in the 1st half! I thought he caused their back line a few problems. He didn't look like a footballer with some of his efforts, but he drew their back line into a few mistakes and chased the ball to win corners and throw in's. However, I thought he was dire in the second half!

I though Perone looked like he has some potential. Wasn't completely convinced by his performance, but thought with more games under his belt, he might have something to offer. As for Matt Connolly, some dreadful defending from him!

Anyway, just my opinion.

Comment

Your spot on myu. It was the worst mistake I have seen. The worst 5 yard pass and it would of looked normal if he was wearing a wigan shirt. Connor was dreadful but because hammersmith fails to pick up on connors mistakes u won't realise he was even playing. Also gave a needless free kick away just outside the 18 yard box. Its a clumsey shove to replace what is really needed in him and thats pace. Even turns like an oil tanker which is strange because he is lightweight in the challenge. Personally I hope hammersmith isn't slating him because he knows he will be replaced but my god he isn't even good enough to be a squad player. Too slow for full back too clumsey for centre back and lightweight. Well I look for positive attributes he has very few. Yes calm on the ball but fu *king clear it instead of setting up there centre forwards. This is the premier league and we can't afford these 1 or 2 f*ck up's per game, all harsh but true.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Connolly had that one moment in the first half where he got caught out on the ball and they had a chance. Apart from that didn't make any mistakes.

Same as Hall in the 2nd half who got caught on the ball and they nearly scored.

Overall I still felt we deserved something from the game.
          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
            Somehow he lasted 90 minutes which I don;t think any Ranger fan could understand today considering who we had on the bench.
            Bothroyd is still not completely over the virus - sounded quite ill on his recent 'Player' interview - full of cold, sounded like to me.

Helguson was on the bench, but I actually think that Warnock is undecided on Agyemang, as he can be useful, albeit rarely. Maybe Warnock, given that he's said our season starts against Newcastle, is just taking one last look at Pat before selecting his 25 man squad.

Now we have some money to spend though, we really should bring in a proven Premier League front man.

Just my opinion/musings.

Last edited by Minty; 28-08-2011, 11:46 AM.
            Be nice to Minty

Comment

Possession:
              Wigan 50%
              QPR 50%

Attempts on target:
              Wigan 10
              QPR 9

Attempts off target:
              Wigan 3
              QPR 10

Corners:
              Wigan 8
              QPR 7

Wigan's lucky goals - deflections that were heading wide
              QPR's unlucky misses - hit the woodwork three times and should have had a pen.

Just wasn't our day, and so easily could have been on another one.

Comment

Originally posted by NW9_RANGER View Post
                He said he was in and out of the game but still looks overweight and unfit. Hardly 'slating' him. I agree that he does look slightly overweight and he also doesn't seem 100% fit. Im sure he will come good though, he seems to be improving each game.
                In Neil's words - Adel doesn't like to train, so the only way to get him match fit is in games so he can run around the pitch, hence why he played v Rochdale. Missing most of pre-season, fasting and catching the virus have hardly helped either.

Comment

Why is no one mentioning the young sub Andrade, i thought he did well in the short time he was on and showed a lot of promise for the future, could be a bit of a Walcott, put him in early even.
                  Queens Park Rangers
                  NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

I really hope your right 80's

But I only recall 1 good run and cross from him.
                    I thought he was pretty lively in 1st half v Rochdale though, but he faded 2nd half.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      Was it conners who give the ball away in our box in the first half, we got lucky there.

If he makes one single error his head tends to drop instantly. Hence, It seems like he struggles big time with his confidence.
                      It´s so annoying really, because I like his calmness a lot.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Just a minor point dave don't drive a bentley he now drives a top of the range mercedes black series

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                          Why is no one mentioning the young sub Andrade, i thought he did well in the short time he was on and showed a lot of promise for the future, could be a bit of a Walcott, put him in early even.
                          I thought the lad was abreath of fresh air and can see him being a very good player in the future.Our problem is we are still trying to adjust to the prem level,what we have to learn is when we get the ball on the edge of our own box we have to move forward at pace as a unit.If you watch established prem teams they do this and break with good effect but what rangers do is move it to Adel or Buzz and the time the ball is at the half way line we have to stop and come back as there is no support.I thought we played quite well but without the extra pace and support from midfield into attack we will not get far this season.

Hightlights - Bothroyd made things happen
                          - Andrade looked lively
                          - Adel was the only creative player
                          - Rangers support

Comment

Originally posted by Minty View Post
                            Bothroyd is still not completely over the virus - sounded quite ill on his recent 'Player' interview - full of cold, sounded like to me.

Helguson was on the bench, but I actually think that Warnock is undecided on Agyemang, as he can be useful, albeit rarely. Maybe Warnock, given that he's said our season starts against Newcastle, is just taking one last look at Pat before selecting his 25 man squad.
                            Now we have some money to spend though, we really should bring in a proven Premier League front man.

Well lets hope NW saw what we all saw from behind the goal ! ! ! !

Agyemang looked clueless from about 20 mins in, on yesterdays performance he wouldn't be in a 45 man squad. No-one around us could believe he didn't get subbed
                            "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                            For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

it takes time , connolly has gone downhill in the last two seasons , midfield to slow , derry plenty of heart but to old no pace. big pat touch of an elephant and confidence shot to pieces ..i reckon that we will do ok when every one is fit

Comment

agymang had one good chance, with time he turned and should've hit the target, he missed by miles...truly woeful at prem level.
                                derry had a cracking shot saved, they came up our end, long shot and deflected in....like bolton, we missed chances the oppo took theirs
                                at prem level, you MUST TAKE YOUR CHANCES, as man utd and man city did.
                                we may have been 2 up and weren't.
                                it was unreal agy stayed on and buzza was subbed
                                agy was stretchered off a week ago yet started ahead of jay???
                                if jay has this virus thing, why did he play v rochdale?
                                great support i felt, even at 2-0 down we tried.

signings on way....we must learn soon, plenty to look forward too.

thing is , with cup...1 scored in 4 games
                                8 against..averaging 2 against a game and .25 scored!

Comment

Working...
                                X