My view on today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My view on today....

Just got back and have had time to think about the game.

Yet again, we've been hit by a bloke scoring 2 crackers. The first was certainly a deflection and the second may well have been.

Over the whole game I actually thought we did ok and certainly did enough to get something from the game. And like Everton last week when we took our chance, today it was Wigan although we probably had more of the ball without creating too many chances.

I thought the back 4 considering it was very make shift did ok, but the usual happened and Hall got injured. He has lasted 2.5 games which I am sorry given his record is not good enough especially when we have sold Gorks and you bring an 18 year old on ahead of Shittu.

The performance of Agymang today was God awful. I have never rated the bloke and today he eclipsed even his poorest performances for us. I cannot work out for a man of his size how he as a professional footballer who drives a Bentley continually fails to offer nothing to the side. He cannot jump, win a ball in the air and let alone hold it up. Somehow he lasted 90 minutes which I don;t think any Ranger fan could understand today considering who we had on the bench.

It was in the midfield where we lost the game. Very much the same way as Bolton. Too many of our players taking too long on the ball and getting dispossessed. Deery and Faurlin were especially bad. Although he wasn't great, I couldn't work out why Buz went off ahead of the other midfielders.

What was glaringly obvious today and what separated us from Wigan was the ball was one our midfielders had no pace whatsoever to break with the ball. We were very sluggish and just passed the ball sideways. Smith is a tidy player, but has no pace.

Tarabat was in and out of the game, but still looks overweight and unfit.

The side certainly needs a massive shake up, especially going forward where we have a lot of the ball, but just don't look like creating much.

Warnock has to accept that some of his decisions were awful today. Agymang should never play for us again and Hall has to go. He has had so many chances to get fit, but constantly breaks down. We cannot afford it. And sadly, Perone although better than Shittu is most certainly not the answer.

It's games like these where we have to get points from if we want to stay up. I won't panic as players are coming in, but those so far have no pace going forward and that for me is a real problem, especially on the counter attack away from home.

Fair play to the Rangers fans today who were out in force. I somehow felt with a 3pm kick off we could have sung more and that once again was Warnock's fault for agreeing to such an early kick off so far up north.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Both were definite deflections, Dave. You'll see tonight. The second was even more as Paddy had that before it took a little diversion.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
      Both were definite deflections, Dave. You'll see tonight. The second was even more as Paddy had that before it took a little diversion.

It still went in. Their 2nd came from Derry failing to clear the ball in the run up to the lad having the shot.
      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

I've read the op time and time again and, whilst I agree with everything you say except for Derry, I can find no reference to the completely inadequate defending by Master Matty Connolly. Surely you don't think he had an okay game?
        I do think he is a good player but seems incapable of playing his way into a game. He's either good or shizen. Today the shizen version
        I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

good round up Dave. Adel floats in and out and should be used as an impact sub until he gets fit. Ageymang - useless. Connolly makes some stupid errors and once again his body check from behind could have given a goal away. We need to shift the ball quicker, to many players want to long on the ball. why no HH

Comment

Agyemang = a poor man's Heskey

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
              The performance of Agymang today was God awful.
              He is even a poor player for the Championship - way out of his depth here...not even as a sub.

What I really hate is that he puts his head down and charges sometimes - not even looking where he is going.
              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                I somehow felt with a 3pm kick off we could have sung more and that once again was Warnock's fault for agreeing to such an early kick off so far up north.
                Oh, I didn't know we're not very good at singing before 3pm.

Comment

Didn't see the game - I think most can be put right but bit worried about Ally thought he'd be buzzing maybe JB will kick him into action!

Comment

Agree with all of that mate.

Comment

Too negative a view IMO. On another day we could have easily got something from this game. Neither of their goals would have gone in but for the deflections, and the OP fails to mention that we hit the woodwork 3 times. I dont think Perone deserves to be singled out for criticism either and he almost scored with a great header that hit the bar. We were unlucky not to get a penalty too. It just wasnt our day, in the same way that at Everton it was.

Comment

Does anyone honestly believe NW would pick Adel to start 4 games if he was "a stone" overweight ?
                        He may have been lacking some competative fitness, but he's not a stone overweight.

But may have been our best and most likely to score player today.
                        Still, lets slate him anyway. That'll help.

For the record, despite my affection for him, once we have a new squad on Wednesday, I expect he'll not start a game by October !
                        Confusing I know.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                          Does anyone honestly believe NW would pick Adel to start 4 games if he was "a stone" overweight ?
                          He may have been lacking some competative fitness, but he's not a stone overweight.

But may have been our best and most likely to score player today.
                          Still, lets slate him anyway. That'll help.

For the record, despite my affection for him, once we have a new squad on Wednesday, I expect he'll not start a game by October !
                          Confusing I know.
                          He said he was in and out of the game but still looks overweight and unfit. Hardly 'slating' him. I agree that he does look slightly overweight and he also doesn't seem 100% fit. Im sure he will come good though, he seems to be improving each game.

Comment

I'll keep it short and sweet.

Our energy levels were terrible and thats why we lost the game, simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                              Too negative a view IMO. On another day we could have easily got something from this game. Neither of their goals would have gone in but for the deflections, and the OP fails to mention that we hit the woodwork 3 times. I dont think Perone deserves to be singled out for criticism either and he almost scored with a great header that hit the bar. We were unlucky not to get a penalty too. It just wasnt our day, in the same way that at Everton it was.
                              That's how I saw it too Stanley. I also think Gabbidon deserves a mention for a decent start with us.

The other thing I noticed this morning was the stats - we had 19 attempts at goal - ok only 4 on target, but it was more than double the amount Wigan had and - it's like the lottery in that you can't win if you don't buy a ticket - we bought 19 of them and still didn't win owt
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                              X