Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To those who watched the game in a pub today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To those who watched the game in a pub today?

I am biased of course as I was there and thought we deserved at the very least a draw and we scored an excellent goal when putting then under pressure for at least 5-10 minutes but..................

How did we look on the tv? Was it an even game and we were lucky or did we deserve the win?

I would love to know of you could hear the crowd as I can honestly say I don't think the Everton fans sang a song all game

Stream I watched the atmosphere sounded like a morgue.

There were periods where we knocked it about well, and maintained possession.

Everton looked like they should have had 3 or 4, some poor finishing today.

As the game wore on we become stronger and stronger and the last 30mins never looked like conceding.

A point at the death many will say was fair, but Everton should have won IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
      That's not how it works luckily enough, as we know, and it will happen to us too, but if you don't take your chances, then you know what may happen, and it did. We did look more composed once we scored, and had played quite well up to that point.

And in a funny way, I was glad that the atmosphere stayed quiet from us, never mind the everton morgue later in the game, as I was thinking that if we started "you're not singing anymore" or "we didn't know that you were here", that it may have lifted their fans in retaliation, and then their team.

By the way, when I heard the ei-ei-ei-o song, did I think I heard "up the football league we go", instead of "up the premier league we go"?

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
        I am biased of course as I was there and thought we deserved at the very least a draw and we scored an excellent goal when putting then under pressure for at least 5-10 minutes but..................

How did we look on the tv? Was it an even game and we were lucky or did we deserve the win?

I would love to know of you could hear the crowd as I can honestly say I don't think the Everton fans sang a song all game
        Watched it at a Swedish pub, and we looked very good. We were confident with the ball, and I just waited for Hall/Orr/Gabbiddon to commit a mistake. But it didn't happen, they all played very good actually. We kept the ball, and I friend of mine said ''Sometimes they can't get the ball from you, you're playing really good, I think you're going to win this'' first time in years a non qpr fan has said that to me. (they didn't watch us in the NPC

The midfielders played a massive part in this game, for a second I recognized Xavi in some of Buzacky's moves, haven't seen him in this form for 2 seasons I think.
        Derry- Hats off, fantastic player MOTM.
        Faurlin, some small mistakes, I can already see that he's growing into PL pace and quality.

The support was fantastic too, sounded like we were the home team for the whole game actually. As you said, didn't hear a single chant from them

Fantastic game of football(always is when we win)

U R'SSS

Comment

I was at the game
          i have also wathed the extended highlights on sky whi did show an abridged version of our domination before we scored and you could here us singing especially blue flag early on
          then watched the highlights on match of the day which were very poor showed almost nothing of of domination before the goal or some of of excelent tackling from especially gabidon and derry, the motd gave a very skewed version and didnt do us justice at all

Actually we were singing at everton but they gave very little back but we kept them entertained, I thought our supporters were excellent throughout the game and afterwords and there was no agro after the game that i saw either which there is always a risk of at everton as both sets of fans pur into the same road and there were almost no police on the road
          its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

The satellite signal in the pub finally came on line 19 minutes into the game - in good time for the goal, thankfully. The pub went bonkers when Smith scored what looked a very good goal on TV. When we could hear the commentary and crowd noise over the pub hubbub, I could only ever make out QPR supporters singing. I could hear rousing renditions of 'Shaun Derry, My Lord' when the grey-haired one was getting his well-timed tackles in. Overall, it looked a tough game for the R's, and Everton did have decent chances to score (esp. Beckford) - but great to see three hard-won points ground out. We will need hard work and probably a fair amount of luck in the weeks ahead. It was great bouncing home down a sunny Uxbridge Road after yesterday's effort.
            WRITING ABOUT QPR AND OTHER NONSENSE:

http://thisismyengland.blogspot.com/

Comment

Our support sounded good (not very loud though) while Everton were incredibly silent. One or two songs all game from them and from now I will never complain about the sometimes sh1tty atmosphere at Loftus Road.

Comment

QPR support came over well at times.
                twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

I was there and i thought we sang our hearts out. The only time we were quiet was maybe the first ten minutes of the second half. I'd lost my voice by the time i came out. From where i was at the back of the lower bullens i couldnt hear Everton sing at all. Also watched the extended highlights on sky and you could hear us singing most of the time and did hear 2 Everton songs on the extended highlights. It all really depends on the acoustics of the stadium and where the tv microphones are set up as to how loud it sounds on tv.

A few years ago i went to the new Wembley for the first time to watch England v Ukraine. The game was sold out yet me and my mates said what a w@nk atmosphere. Even though everyone seemed to be singing you could still hear yourself talk or hear your mate talk. Yet i got home later that night and watched the game on tv and the atmosphere was rocking. There was a massive noise from the England fans but in the stadium it sounded like a library. Weird.

Nvertheless i was proud to be a Ranger yesterday and we did sing our hearts out. Nice one boys

Comment

watched it via stream and Everton fans were deathly quiet and you could definately hear our lot singing on numerous occasions. We rode our luck big time tho and another day would have conceded 2 or 3 but thats the way it goes..the harder you work the luckier you are

Comment

Originally posted by Naarven Mankey View Post
                      I was there and i thought we sang our hearts out. The only time we were quiet was maybe the first ten minutes of the second half. I'd lost my voice by the time i came out. From where i was at the back of the lower bullens i couldnt hear Everton sing at all. Also watched the extended highlights on sky and you could hear us singing most of the time and did hear 2 Everton songs on the extended highlights. It all really depends on the acoustics of the stadium and where the tv microphones are set up as to how loud it sounds on tv.

A few years ago i went to the new Wembley for the first time to watch England v Ukraine. The game was sold out yet me and my mates said what a w@nk atmosphere. Even though everyone seemed to be singing you could still hear yourself talk or hear your mate talk. Yet i got home later that night and watched the game on tv and the atmosphere was rocking. There was a massive noise from the England fans but in the stadium it sounded like a library. Weird.

Nvertheless i was proud to be a Ranger yesterday and we did sing our hearts out. Nice one boys
                      I was at the back of Lower Bullens as well and thought we sang our hearts out for most of the game but was surprised it didnt come across louder on the tv as we were loud at times

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                        Stream I watched the atmosphere sounded like a morgue.

There were periods where we knocked it about well, and maintained possession.

Everton looked like they should have had 3 or 4, some poor finishing today.

As the game wore on we become stronger and stronger and the last 30mins never looked like conceding.

Have to agree....

Comment

Just a quick one, for those that say they watched the game in a pub....what pub did you watch it in? Are there any in and around the bush or other local areas that were showing it? I know this game was on setanta ireland so was probably available in a few more pubs the would normally be showing it...but just wanted to know for the wigan game next week, i went yesterday but can't make next week because of the early kick off!!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X