Own Goals ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Own Goals ?

Listening to 606,and Ashley Young is on saying he wants to claim his strike as his goal after it took at least one deflection before it went in.In my view 2 of Bolton`s goals yesterday were own goals by Gabbidon,and Orr. What do you think?

Gabbidon's definitely.
    I wondered about Orr's, as Kenny had the original shot covered, but I think, as long as it was on target, they credit the goal to whoever took the shot.
    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

IMO orr's wasn't an own goal. Gabbidon's definately was.

Comment

Sorry, but as far I know, and I thought most people did... If the shot before the deflection was on target it isnt an own goal...

Gabbidons is classed as an own goal as he did change the direction of the shot into the goal...

Ashley youngs should count as goal IMO, it wasnt really like Gabbidons

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
          Gabbidon's definitely.
          I wondered about Orr's, as Kenny had the original shot covered, but I think, as long as it was on target, they credit the goal to whoever took the shot.
          Yeah i know they they say if the shot was on target then it goes to the striker. I just wonder sometimes, as you say the keeper had it covered and it takes such a massive deflection,should it be classed as their goal?

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
            Sorry, but as far I know, and I thought most people did... If the shot before the deflection was on target it isnt an own goal...

Gabbidons is classed as an own goal as he did change the direction of the shot into the goal...

Ashley youngs should count as goal IMO, it wasnt really like Gabbidons
            no, he was crossing the ball not shooting in target. its different stroy.

Comment

Verdicts on OGs are very inconsistent. It needs really sorting/formalizing - I suspect there are £loads of bets that will stand or fall on whether or not Young gets credited - could even affect "Golden Boot" bets in 9 months time.
              I remember losing £20 a few years ago when a "no goal scorer" bet went down after an obvious "oggie" was benignly given to the striker and final score was 1-0.

Comment

"As a rule, if the initial attempt is goalbound it is credited to the player making the goal attempt," a Premier League spokesman said. "However if the deflection means that a wayward effort results in a goal then it is attributed to the player who had the last definitive touch of the ball."

Very little is known about the Dubious Goal Panel except that it is made up of three people - a mix of former players and officials - and they meet on an ad hoc basis, generally about three times a season. Their names are a guarded secret for fear they may be leant on by unscrupulous betting syndicates. "Their identities are not revealed so as to protect the game's integrity," the spokesman added.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...wsstory.sport5

The Football League, however, do not employ a Dubious Goals Committee and it is left to individual clubs to name the goalscorer - which can lead to wild disagreements over who scored. In November 2002, for instance, every single national newspaper, agency and football factbook agreed that Coventry City defender Calum Davenport had scored an own goal against Burnley. The Clarets, however, gave the goal to Gareth Taylor, who crossed the ball in from near the corner flag before Davenport bundled it into his own net.
                Last edited by Olly; 15-08-2011, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  Listening to 606,and Ashley Young is on saying he wants to claim his strike as his goal after it took at least one deflection before it went in.In my view 2 of Bolton`s goals yesterday were own goals by Gabbidon,and Orr. What do you think?

Of course he wants to claim it as i expect he gets about £15k goal bonus!

It will never be awarded to him as it wasn't a shot and was going across the box nowhere near the goal before the 2 deflections.

Comment

Working...
                  X