No announcement yet.

Derry Back to Palace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't dismiss this quite as quickly as some have. Personally feel we need his grit, particularly with Rowlands on the way out. However, Warno is quoted this morning saying he wants Bertrand and one other Premiership player, ideally before Saturday. Could the other one be the young Chelsea midfielder, or Bullard, or even (OK, bit optimistic) Jenas? If so Derry would no longer be a starter. Several posters have commented on how Derry has looked slow in pre-season. Plus Warno is also quoted this morning saying "the rose bush needs to be pruned" and predicting departures - and Derry is a player for whom there will be takers, unlike most of our dead wood. Ideally I'd like him in the squad even if we do bring in another midfielder, but Warno is working with v limited budgets so has to think about stengthening his first 11. Who knows, he might even get a small fee?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      I wouldn't dismiss this quite as quickly as some have. Personally feel we need his grit, particularly with Rowlands on the way out. However, Warno is quoted this morning saying he wants Bertrand and one other Premiership player, ideally before Saturday. Could the other one be the young Chelsea midfielder, or Bullard, or even (OK, bit optimistic) Jenas? If so Derry would no longer be a starter. Several posters have commented on how Derry has looked slow in pre-season. Plus Warno is also quoted this morning saying "the rose bush needs to be pruned" and predicting departures - and Derry is a player for whom there will be takers, unlike most of our dead wood. Ideally I'd like him in the squad even if we do bring in another midfielder, but Warno is working with v limited budgets so has to think about stengthening his first 11. Who knows, he might even get a small fee?
      If a replacement is coming in then yes, i agree with your points and it does make sense I suppose. However, unless a replacement is coming in I really cant see him going.

You mentioned the young Chelski lad; this meaning McChrecean or however you spell it? If so he is a cracking young player!

Isnt bullard more of an attacking mid though?
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Even if a replacement is coming in I would personally keep him as we don't have another player capable of playing that role IMHO

Comment

I actualy think we NEED Derry this season, he will be just as important this year as he was last year. With players like Taraabt, DJ, Bothroyd we look like we have goals but defensively we look vulnerable and having a defence minded midfielder like Derry is vital.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            If a replacement is coming in then yes, i agree with your points and it does make sense I suppose. However, unless a replacement is coming in I really cant see him going.

You mentioned the young Chelski lad; this meaning McChrecean or however you spell it? If so he is a cracking young player!

Isnt bullard more of an attacking mid though?
            That's the one, I struggle with his name.

Know what you mean about Bullard but when Ipswich played at our place last season he was sitting deep like a quarter back or like TC did in his later years for us, orchestrating play.

Comment

Unless we sign 2 CMs before the window shuts then Derry will be going nowhere.

Comment

Wasn't Derry on his way to Ipswich before signing for us?

Comment

Originally posted by W12hoops View Post
                  Wasn't Derry on his way to Ipswich before signing for us?
                  Weren't his legs "gone" too ?

Comment

If Pete is right that Bullard is on again then Derry to Palarce might be true !

Comment

I thought Derry said he wanted to stay with us when this move was first mooted, but anything is possible with Tango man and the Waiter.
                      Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------
                      https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

Bullard currently in London.... *insert "rioting" related comment here*
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I like Bullard but if its a choice of the 2 then its Derry all day for me

Comment

Working...
                          X