No announcement yet.

What a random and unnecessary signing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of us have any idea how good this bloke is. I would have preferred 3.5 million on some players who we knew had a good chance of improving our side. The purpose of my post was to say that this is a huge, expensive and unnecessary risk. Re-read points above as to why.

We could have spent this money on Vassell, Lita and Beckford and then I would be excited. Vassell ex England international, proven pace and goal scorer. The other 2 have got loads to prove. Great asset for a forward and something that our entire team lacked last season.
    :drunk:

Comment

" A deal worth £3.5m" does not equate to a £3.5 m transfer fee. It's usual for that terminology to include all wages, signing on fees, bonuses, agents fees (both ways) and loyalty payments in addition to the transfer fee.

I'd be staggered (and GP/JM would need carting up to St Bernards) if the up front payment was any more than £500k

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
        Now believe me I really hope this bloke is brilliant but I can't help thinking that it is a total waste of time.

First of all I'm sure he won't get international clearance. Not even represented Argentina at any level.

Secondly Argentine second division is not in the same class as the Championship, maybe technically but not in work rate, strength, will to win plus weather conditions. Think Ledesma, Fantastic start until end of September then anonymous and then sent back. Think Parejo (usually on Real Madrid's bench now, but pretty awful for us. These blokes aren't cut out for the hurly burly of English football. Tevez is probably only example, but he plays like a Brit anyway. These blokes. if good enough, go to play in Spain. Simple as that.

Thirdly we surely surely surely do NOT need another midfielder!!!!
        Legs
        Mahon
        Cook
        Routledge
        Buz
        Vine
        Rowlands
        Alberti
        Ephraim.

Our midfielder wasn't our weakest area last season, probably our strongest area actually, and we have Buzz and Vine (basically 2 new signings) returning.

What are these *****s doing. WE NEED FORWARDS!!!!! Please listen!!!!!!
        I'm Speechless

Comment

None of us have any idea how good this bloke is.
          JM and JG do. thats all that matters

Comment

Lets all wait and see..... I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but wasn't wrong much last season!
            :drunk:

Comment

Why do people say the argies wont like the weather?? I am pretty sure it gets freezing over there when its winter.
              @chrisrobson9

Comment

"Now believe me I really hope this bloke is brilliant but I can't help thinking that it is a total waste of time.

First of all I'm sure he won't get international clearance. Not even represented Argentina at any level."

I think you'll find he has represented Agentina at U-17's
                http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/st...145/index.html

Comment

yes

yes i am in agreement with the origional theme of this thread,why oh why do we keep on buying midfielders,why cant we buy a striker

Comment

Pete - you say 3 or 4 midfielders cd go - are you including Buz in that???

Comment

Maybe he has an Italian passport. Many Argentinian players do.....some even win World Cups for Italy!

Comment

None of us have any idea how good this bloke is.
                        TRUE, you have now idea how good this bloke is !!!

Comment

Why do so many fans use that lame old weather quote..... The weather in the south of Argentina is awful!!!
                          Also Tevez is the only one to make it in this country!!!...
                          Mascherano is the captain of Argentina isnt he?!?!?, Heinze CHOSE to leave England..... I'm sure there are more but lets not let facts get in the way of a great reason to moan about nothing.
                          Plenty of Argentinians play in Germany, Italy (where it isnt all sunshine in the north believe it or not, it is near the Swiss Alps after all!)
                          Hey none of this matters though on a cold trip up to Blackpool on a Tuesday night!!! I MEAN what foreigner would want to play on a TUESDAY for christs sake!!!! ship em all out I say the lightweights!
                          Safe to say i dont agree with the OP......
                          “You can keep that silly fat w@nker. The lads can't lift him”

Comment

Some of us can remember Ardilles and Villa

Cold tuesday night??

They were great players
                            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Now believe me I really hope this bloke is brilliant but I can't help thinking that it is a total waste of time.

First of all I'm sure he won't get international clearance. Not even represented Argentina at any level.

Secondly Argentine second division is not in the same class as the Championship, maybe technically but not in work rate, strength, will to win plus weather conditions. Think Ledesma, Fantastic start until end of September then anonymous and then sent back. Think Parejo (usually on Real Madrid's bench now, but pretty awful for us. These blokes aren't cut out for the hurly burly of English football. Tevez is probably only example, but he plays like a Brit anyway. These blokes. if good enough, go to play in Spain. Simple as that.

Thirdly we surely surely surely do NOT need another midfielder!!!!
                              Legs
                              Mahon
                              Cook
                              Routledge
                              Buz
                              Vine
                              Rowlands
                              Alberti
                              Ephraim.

Our midfielder wasn't our weakest area last season, probably our strongest area actually, and we have Buzz and Vine (basically 2 new signings) returning.

What are these *****s doing. WE NEED FORWARDS!!!!! Please listen!!!!!!
                              It was very weak. How can you say it was our strongest area? Did you watch what I saw? :horror: T

The only strength we had was the defence and our goalkeeper and they were rocks.

Everywhere else poor and weak!

Comment

The Tuesday night thing came from another ridiculous post on the subject..... I'm from Central America and I have lived here since 1988 the weather here has never been a problem for me.

I get fed up reading these sweeping generalisations. They're sound bites that are heard by pundits or read in the paper that people just can't stop repeating until they believe it to be true.

Give our new signing a chance before saying he is lighweight will dive and wont like the weather simply because he is Latin American....
                                “You can keep that silly fat w@nker. The lads can't lift him”

Comment

Working...
                                X