Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mittal had taken over we wouldn't go down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Mittal had taken over we wouldn't go down...

Most of my fury toward T & C is their apparent turning down of a decent offer for the club largely it appears for financial reasons. If they truly cared about the club and its history, they should have been more than happy to break even. Mittal/Amit would I'm sure have invested enough to keep us up. Instead, we now look doomed to relegation.

Sorry if old news,but this was on QPRreport.

Financial Times - QPR quest ends

- Lakshmi Mittal, the steel magnate, is ready to walk away from Queens Park Rangers weeks before it makes a triumphant return to the Premier League. The Indian billionaire is open to selling his 33 per cent stake in the club after a bust-up with Formula 1’s Bernie Ecclestone, who has a 62 per cent share.
    - This spring, Mr Mittal was looking into increasing his stake to become the majority shareholder but had no joy; Mr Ecclestone said at the time: “Lots of people say they are going to buy things until they eventually find these things are not for sale.” Mr Mittal’s son-in-law, Amit Bhatia, stepped down as vice-chairman of the club as a result. Mr Mittal now says he is “ready to divest [his] stake” and is “no longer looking” at taking control. Meanwhile, the club said on Thursday it was in talks with a potential suitor.
    Mr Ecclestone might wish to clear up questions over QPR ownership, if only to allow him time to focus on an investigation by German prosecutors into payments he allegedly made to a banker in conjunction with the 2005 sale of shares in F1 to buy-out group CVC Capital Partners. Financial Times

Comment

Problem with this statement, T & C's didnt support or care for the club,, T & C didnt know of its history or cared of its history if reports are to believed they thougght it was a restraunt and the only reason they took over was to make money as thats what they do.

There is no guarantee that any amount of investment will keep you up, but the more you do invest in better players the better chance you have so if they had taken ober there was no guarantee.

Like you i wish for the ownership to be resolved but know we would not be were we are without them (unless you would preferred us to be bankrupt becuase thats were we were).
      One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Sorry, have I missed something. Have we been relegated? Are we bankrupt again?
        I am really looking forward to the season.
        Somehow I think we might be okay.
        Worst scenario is we get relegated, but I think the squad we are assembling will mean we can challenge again, as we should be able to keep our best players.(bar one!!).
        Also I am quit hopeful about the change in ownership, especially if Mittal can work with Fernandes. (surely they must be in discussions).
        Also I am hearing good things about Fernandes, from contacts in Malaysia.
        Very bright businessman, treats staff well, has great financial contacts who support him and is fanatical about sport. Might be West Ham fan, but think once you own a club,it wont take long for the QPR bug to kick in.
        Could be wrong, this is QPR, but really getting down by all the negative posts on here.
        We have been in so much worse positions in the past....
        Understand the negativity on prices and so sympathise with those who are being priced out....but i cannot wait till saturday week.

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
          Most of my fury toward T & C is their apparent turning down of a decent offer for the club largely it appears for financial reasons. If they truly cared about the club and its history, they should have been more than happy to break even. Mittal/Amit would I'm sure have invested enough to keep us up. Instead, we now look doomed to relegation.
          IF's a very big word! - IF the Mittals had wanted us enough, they would of bought us. They havn't, time to move on. Roll on saturday week.

Bush, You wern't Private Fraser in Dad's Army were you?

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
            I can just see you sitting there wearing your big earrings and reading your crystal ball.
            Tell us oh mighty foreteller of the future, what would have happened if Cpt. James Cook hadn't discovered Australia?
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Artful: Private Fraser was positive compared to me, I admit!

Bluehoop: I don't claim to predict the future. But sometimes pessimism is the best option when it comes to Rangers, especialy given the influence of BE & FB. Then any 'success' (like staying up) will be a fantastic unforeseen bonus.

If Capt. Cook hadn't 'discovered' Australia someone else would have eventually. Irrelevant argument. More to the point, you are not going to tell me Flav and Bernie are good for the club, I hope. You're entitled to think that if you want. But I totally disagree. Hope that's OK with you. Its the cruelty of the deception that gets me. Champions league in 4 years etc.

I love this club with a passion and try to get back most seasons to take in a couple of matches. This season only took in the win over Portsmouth, but I would have got to rearranged Hull away had I known before booking my trip that the game would be rearranged (in the event I was actually stuck in Leeds on that day visiting relatives). As a result of such trips, I am in debt. But I'm entitled to my views as are you of course.

Comment

You say if Mittal had taken over we wouldn't go down - think you need a crystal ball to make such a sweeping statement as that, unless of course you qualify as I don't think we would go down or such like but you made it read like a statement of fact.
                Whether T&C are good for the club is not a debate in your thread unless you want to look at the break even bit - which I believe is the reason they have such a high asking price for any sale. With the debt they took on, the players they have signed and the wages they have paid out, they probably would just about break even at the silly money they have quoted. I don't think for one minute that the revenue to be had from getting into the PL will cover their outlay to date and if they were to throw money at new signings, wages etc they would still be running heavily at a loss by my estimations.
                As for the discovery, it was a genuine question rather than a comparison. Maybe your crystal ball is only reliable when it comes to Indian's taking over our beloved club
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                  You say if Mittal had taken over we wouldn't go down - think you need a crystal ball to make such a sweeping statement as that, unless of course you qualify as I don't think we would go down or such like but you made it read like a statement of fact.
                  Whether T&C are good for the club is not a debate in your thread unless you want to look at the break even bit - which I believe is the reason they have such a high asking price for any sale. With the debt they took on, the players they have signed and the wages they have paid out, they probably would just about break even at the silly money they have quoted. I don't think for one minute that the revenue to be had from getting into the PL will cover their outlay to date and if they were to throw money at new signings, wages etc they would still be running heavily at a loss by my estimations.
                  As for the discovery, it was a genuine question rather than a comparison. Maybe your crystal ball is only reliable when it comes to Indian's taking over our beloved club
                  Another great post Blue! You had your Kellogs Special K this morning?!
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

All this talk about 'their outlay' makes me laugh.
                    According to 'Hooped Dreams' they paid (I think -from memory) £15mill for the club. Then they remortgaged the ABC loan at 8.5% interest - to themselves, so they've more than covered their investment on that alone.
                    OK, they've put in some money for transfers etc - but let's not forget our compensation costs everytime Flab sacked am anager + all the costs of the useless players that Paladini bought over the managers head, not to mention the cost of last seasons fine etc etc etc so overall, this £100million price tag gives them a very nice profit.
                    WHY DO SOME OF YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THERE HERE FOR THERE OWN POCKETS NOT THE GOOD OF THE CLUB?? BE GLAD THEY SAVED US BY ALL MEANS BUT DONT HERO WORSHIP THEM

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      Another great post Blue! You had your Kellogs Special K this morning?!
                      Shredded Wheat Matty - and that wimp Botham only used to have 3
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by stanmarsh View Post
                        All this talk about 'their outlay' makes me laugh.
                        According to 'Hooped Dreams' they paid (I think -from memory) £15mill for the club. Then they remortgaged the ABC loan at 8.5% interest - to themselves, so they've more than covered their investment on that alone.
                        OK, they've put in some money for transfers etc - but let's not forget our compensation costs everytime Flab sacked am anager + all the costs of the useless players that Paladini bought over the managers head, not to mention the cost of last seasons fine etc etc etc so overall, this £100million price tag gives them a very nice profit.
                        WHY DO SOME OF YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THERE HERE FOR THERE OWN POCKETS NOT THE GOOD OF THE CLUB?? BE GLAD THEY SAVED US BY ALL MEANS BUT DONT HERO WORSHIP THEM
                        The club bleeds more money than most of us will earn in a lifetime. FFS this has nothing to do with hero worship, far from it, but the other side of the fence seems to think they are making a killing. And has no one ever told you it's rude to shout
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

the lack of knowledge of what it costs to run a football club on this board is astounding!

it appears that many on hear think the only expense at a football club are the players!

All other areas don't pay for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                            the lack of knowledge of what it costs to run a football club on this board is astounding!

it appears that many on hear think the only expense at a football club are the players!

All other areas don't pay for themselves.
                            . I think we would all be truely astounded if we ever saw a compiled list of all costs assosciated with running a football club (all footed by the owners). And with the crowds we get, that goes nwohere to covering anywhere near these costs.

This months FourFourTwo issue says that the 09-10 season our wage bill was 120% of our total revenue....
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              . I think we would all be truely astounded if we ever saw a compiled list of all costs assosciated with running a football club (all footed by the owners). And with the crowds we get, that goes nwohere to covering anywhere near these costs.

This months FourFourTwo issue says that the 09-10 season our wage bill was 120% of our total revenue....
                              There was an interview with Incenzo recently where he rattled off some figures about what this board spent/invested and otherwise laid out following the take over. Sadly I cannot recall where it was but it made for interesting listening. One thing's for sure, it was nothing like the bargain StanleyMarsh suggested above.
                              There isn't a Chairman or Club Owner in the land that does it to make a killing, no matter how loudly some people want to shout the opposite.
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                              X