Matt Connolly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
    Who mentioned toe punting it.. ok taking your example into account.

For every Man utd there is 2 or 3 stoke's, Wolves, Boltons who play with a big target man.

So even against United where the threat is from the wings and balls into feet; well Connolly

1) Isnt fast
    2) Isnt strong
    3) Doesnt man mark well

Therefore he is probably even more flawed against a footballing side.

You're trying to convince me that an average championship defender is Premiership quality, but i aint having it.

Fitz Hall will be the best Defender we have in the Prem, fitness being good.
    I'll agree with you on Hall, i said all along my pair would be Hall and Connolly. Not sure re Gabbidon, Connolly is the most comfortable with the ball at his feet, and in this league give it away by launching it forward and its a while before you touch it again. His game is more suited to the prem than the Championship, which is much more physical.

Comment

You may find that he is more suited to Prem, as the championship was too tough and physical for him, If he plays well then great, but i do agree Hall + 1 for the centre backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
        17 i believe, and Dyer himself in his interview said he has offers from 2/3 prem clubs.
        next

17 starts?
        :drunk:

Comment

Not starts but 17 appearances which presumes he was on bench and fit.

Comment

If Connolly was how everyone would like him to be on here he would be and England CB and would have not have left Arsenal and would've been a regular starter for them. Connolly has his flaws but he is not the only defender at the club with flaws. I cant get round how some say Hall is the best CB we've got when he was public enemy number one last year an everyone thought he was cack? Who played more games him or Connolly?
            Estamos QPR

Comment

Working...
            X