Matt Connolly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Del View Post
    What's all this too weak to be a centre back BS....? The lower leagues are much more physical than the prem and he's done fine in them, besides, you aren't allowed to touch anyone in the prem these days without it being a foul. Its much more important to read the game well and he is excellent in that regard.
    Did u watch the Leicester game last season. One of the worst displays I've ever seen, he literally gave waghorn 3 clear chances to score through not winning/attacking the ball. In the perm they will be taken and a one nil win would become 3-1 defeat.
    :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
      Did u watch the Leicester game last season. One of the worst displays I've ever seen, he literally gave waghorn 3 clear chances to score through not winning/attacking the ball. In the perm they will be taken and a one nil win would become 3-1 defeat.
      Talking out of your bum as usual. Remind me...did Leicester score? Did we win? Wagon had one decent opportunity and chuffed it.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Did you see the Hull away game, worst performance of a player I have ever seen, but it doesn't mean I would not play Tarrabt again, as he would be one of the first name on the sheet if he was fit. Its amazing who some people are cut slack and some are not.

Comment

Although this isnt even true ( as Ginge's comment), we all have off days, we could pick out a specific game in which Nemanja Vidic had an absolute mare and highlight the changes he gave away and fouls he committed,yet that doesnt mean he's sh1te does it
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Obviously only my opinion, but for what its worth:

Kenny not PL potential? Surely 24 (I believe?) clean sheets last year means he must be in this category? And Dyer, yes been injured a while, but 33 England caps must mean he is PL potential. The word potential, IMO, must mean also that at least 1 defender should be included, what with us only conceeding 32 goals all season and all that?
            There is an argument for Kenny although I don't remembering him faring too well when last playing in the top division.

As for Dyer, let's not forget relegates West Ham didn't want to keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
              Prem potential should include : HH, Hall Gabbidon Kenny Dyer as all have played there and know what it takes.
              May have played there but how many were successful? I'd say a grand total of ZERO.

HH premiership material? The bloke misses at least 1 decent chance a game and only scores penalties.

Dyer wasn't wanted by relegated West Ham.

This time last year every man and his dog were slating Hall.

And for Gabbidon read Dyer above.

Comment

WHU did want Dyer, he left as he had offers from more than 1 prem club.

Comment

Kingy why do you bother following a team if all youre going to do is moan? Not digging at ya, I do wanna know why you do? If, for example, we had a decent season and finished, day 15th, would you be happy or still have a few moans? Because i reckon 99% of fans would be over the moon with such a finish and just wanted your take on it

Comment

Right here you go....

Premiership Potential
                    Faurlin, Tarrabt, Bothroyd

Good decent Championsip players
                    Kenny, Smith, Dyer, Derry

Average Championsip players
                    Gorkss, Orr, Hill, Shittu, HH, Cerny, Connolly, Hall, Gabbidon

Poor Championship players
                    Ramage, Agyemang, Pelliori, Ephraim, Alberti, Hulse,
                    So according to that we only had five players last season who were good or very good Championship players. Funny we walked away with the league then. I absolutely agree the squad as it stands has major flaws and desperately needs investment but you don't do your argument any favours by exaggerating the weakness of the existing players. It also doesn't show much gratitude for their achievements last season.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      So according to that we only had five players last season who were good or very good Championship players. Funny we walked away with the league then. I absolutely agree the squad as it stands has major flaws and desperately needs investment but you don't do your argument any favours by exaggerating the weakness of the existing players. It also doesn't show much gratitude for their achievements last season.
                      hence the point of my original question to kingy, we have something else which is overloooked that is a team spirit that will help win us a few points
                      i just find it incredible that we won the championship at a canter and we dont think many are able to step up before a ball is kicked,
                      i also wonder how many people judging our players against the top 6, ill say it again our staying up nothing to do with how we fare against those , it will be how we fare vs the bottem half,

Comment

IMO, Last seasons Championship winning team would not have finished in the bottom 3, so with the addition of 4 or 5 above average players, we should have been OK to survive this season in the PL.

Comment

Nw and co will no MC weakness's. Hopefully over pre season he would of been in the gym to bulk up and banged into his head to not let the ball bounce. He's a confidence player last thing he needs in the likes of kingy abusing him. The players will need backing big time next year, win lose or draw. Nobody lose's on purpose. Agree Paul about our side last year by finishin in the bottom 3. Team spirit is massive.
                          Last edited by Mellowhoop; 01-08-2011, 11:46 AM.
                          http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                            Nw and co will no MC weakness's. Hopefully over pre season he would of been in the gym to bulk up and banged into his head to not let the ball bounce. He's a confidence player last thing he needs in the likes of kingy abusing him. The players will bees backing big time next year, win lose or draw. Nobody lose's on purpose. Agree Paul about our side last year by finishin in the bottom 3. Team spirit is massive.
                            Brilliant post Mellow

Comment

I do try
                              http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                                Nw and co will no MC weakness's. Hopefully over pre season he would of been in the gym to bulk up and banged into his head to not let the ball bounce. He's a confidence player last thing he needs in the likes of kingy abusing him. The players will need backing big time next year, win lose or draw. Nobody lose's on purpose. Agree Paul about our side last year by finishin in the bottom 3. Team spirit is massive.
                                think we hit the nail on head here, we HAVE to get behind them next year and make them believe , we get on the backs of players after the first misplaced pass first missed header they will fall apart, we show them were behind them and they will respond
                                really hope lr becomes the place where we can genuinely help the team cos we have seen it over the years when we are all together we can do it.

all the talk of board players prices needs to be left at the turnstile and come aug 13 th there is only one objective and that is get behind the team

come on you r'sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Comment

Working...
                                X