No announcement yet.

Do we have a team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If three out of Gabbidon, Dyer, Buzz, and Hall, can stay fit and play week in, week out somewhere near their best form, and if Warnock stays and Adel is interested, in all seriousness we have half a chance of staying up despite the championship full backs. The problem is that the above scenario is far-fetched. Bit like a Starwars movie to be honest. So the answer has to be that we have virtually no chance without major signings of finishing higher than 20th ie last place.

Comment

is adel still around?

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
        I'll have some too. 4 players out of a squad of 25 is not enough to stay up.

Faurlin, Tarrabt, Boothroyd, Kenny are all good enough to hold their own against lesser teams in the Premiership. Not one of them would get into a side traditionally in the top half of the table.

Derry/back four and HH are good Championship players

Ramage/Ephraim/Agyemang/Clarke/Cerny/Alberti/Pellicori/are not good enough for the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
          If three out of Gabbidon, Dyer, Buzz, and Hall, can stay fit and play week in, week out somewhere near their best form, and if Warnock stays and Adel is interested, in all seriousness we have half a chance of staying up despite the championship full backs. The problem is that the above scenario is far-fetched. Bit like a Starwars movie to be honest. So the answer has to be that we have virtually no chance without major signings of finishing higher than 20th ie last place.
          Yeah and if my auntie had had a couple of "nads" she'd have been my uncle

Comment

I think we have too, though wouldn't say no to a few more signings
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopla73 View Post
              Yes. NW has always stated he only needed to add 5 or 6 players:

Bothroyd and Dyer in the attacking front.

Murphy likely as GK.

Gabbidon as central defender.

That leaves a FB and Defensive Midfielder:

FB could be one of:

Clyne
              Bertrand

Midfielder could be:

Bullard
              Montgomery

That leaves the possibility of signing a speedy winger or a DJ Campbell as additional cover up front, but would DJ fit into the system anyway?

I really cant see anyone else coming in for big money.
              What's the deal with Murphy?....Did we really need a new 3rd choice keeper?

Comment

Working...
              X