Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by highgradeR View Post
    Do you people actually go to games??

The fact that people want to keep such rubbish at this club tells you all thats wrong, the guy is utter toilet. He should be playing football for a pub team, not disgracing himself every week in front of us`who pay huge amounts to watch professionals.

I have half of my season ticket book still intact from last season, and its mostly down to him and some others, who have completely had it off being able to call themselves professional footballers.

Blackstock seems to have 1 skill asscoiated with a striker and thats heading the ball and nothing else. Most of the time he is either falling over, sitting in his deckchair in the centre cirlce, or chasing lost causes 10 mins after the defender has cleared the ball.

The fact that Blackstock had a purple patch and fans can state that he was the clubs top scorer, is total kick in the balls for english football.

Sousa did exactly the right thing in dropping him, as he looked worser with every game i saw. Also I saw him in SA Road after the Bristol City game where he was supposed to be so upset at being dropped, I have never seen a player with a bigger smile on his face as he jumped in his merc and sped off, and who could blame him after being paid thousands of pounds a week for something he clearly cant do.
    I do...season ticket for many years...Do you???

Dexter has been top scorer for two season. Hardly poor really.

The fact that you'd be happy to sell the ONLY striker we have who is capable of scoring on a regular basis if given a run doesn't say much about you, yet you feel you have the right to question other fans opinions??? Classic

I am not for one minute trying to say he is world class, nor one of the best strinkers in the league, but he is our best striker...FACT. Vine is class, but doesn't score. Balanta is too young and although class, he does not strike me as the type of out and out goal scoring forward. Even if we do sign someone like Cox or Beckford, one goal scorer is not enough. You just have to look at the teams who were successful this year to see that.

Trouble is, too many people at LR want to see the skillful player and couldn't give a toss if he can't score, ie Vine, Balanta and Aggey. If we put good balls into the box, Dex will attack them and put them away as he has done so for us. He's dangerous in the air and when confident, he's pretty damn good with his left peg.

Get over the fact he looks laboured and appreciate what we have as we'll definately miss him when gone unless we sign at least 2 goal scorers. Pointless losing him ohterwise.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
      Gotta say I agree with highgradeR

Dex may be a nice enough bloke but he aint good enough to fire us to the Prem.

And players like Agyemang are?
      "Originally Posted by qblockpete
      QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
      Swansea will finish in bottom 6
      Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by highgradeR View Post
        At the level blackstock plays he should not be relying solely on wingers crossing balls for him to head and score. That absolutely cannot be his only mode of scoring. Also as he's young where is his determination to better himself and play at a higher level, and as he cant do much else but head the ball, how mush extra training is he doing to get better?? None i bet.
        I agree to an extent mate, but as I've said many a time, he is a huge threat where areial ability is concerned. He'll never look good with the ball at his feet, but we have Vine and Balanta for that.

We simply cannot afford to lose our only striker capable of scoring over 15 goals in a season. Makes no sense unless we replace with at least 2 as just one straight swap won't be enough.

Comment

Gotta say I also agree with highgradeR.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I think highgrader is being a bit harsh. Dont get me wrong, i dont rate Dex either - but dont think hes that bad - his goals have been very valuable. But i do agree, hes not a good enough player. Apart from his arial ability - there is nothing i rate about him. He cant take on players, looks sluggish, and doesnt contribute anything else to the team. He might get the goals, but also wastes a hatful and the flaws in his game outweigh the positives. He goes through a 4 game period where he gets the goals, but then an even bigger spell where chances are missed over and over again. Sounds harsh, but i think its time to move on and get new strikers in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
              I think highgrader is being a bit harsh. Dont get me wrong, i dont rate Dex either - but dont think hes that bad - his goals have been very valuable. But i do agree, hes not a good enough player. Apart from his arial ability - there is nothing i rate about him. He cant take on players, looks sluggish, and doesnt contribute anything else to the team. He might get the goals, but also wastes a hatful and the flaws in his game outweigh the positives. He goes through a 4 game period where he gets the goals, but then an even bigger spell where chances are missed over and over again. Sounds harsh, but i think its time to move on and get new strikers in.
              That's just it though mate...We won't.
              Who worth their salt wants to come to QPR in the current state?
              Too much interfering and if you have one bad game the fans boo you.
              Patheticly poor state indeed. Worst I've remembered it as far as bickering and lack of support for players and board alike is concerned.

I'll say again...Unless we replace Dex with TWO goal scoring strikers, we'll be making a huge mistake as we'll miss his goals for sure. Buy one striker, he'll be a good addition to Dex. Buy two........then we have good reason to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                That's just it though mate...We won't.
                Who worth their salt wants to come to QPR in the current state?
                Too much interfering and if you have one bad game the fans boo you.
                Patheticly poor state indeed. Worst I've remembered it as far as bickering and lack of support for players and board alike is concerned.

I'll say again...Unless we replace Dex with TWO goal scoring strikers, we'll be making a huge mistake as we'll miss his goals for sure. Buy one striker, he'll be a good addition to Dex. Buy two........then we have good reason to move on.
                I hear what you are saying, but i cant see how no strikers at all would want to sign for us. There may be problems, and interferance - but we are a side that im sure people see will move forward, and it now looks as though JM will be left to get on with the job. There are far woarse clubs for players to sign for - and I am confident one or 2 will be signed. I think keeping Dex is just keeping the same standard and not moving forward. Also, if he is unsettled - he will not play to his best - cant see the benefit of that

Comment

Dando very good post.
                  I don't think he can disagree with any of that.
                  If he does then give up on him i'm afraid.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                  X