Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
    Another £3.8 million in TV fees.

Luvverly Jubbly. Now, where's that striker?
    Spot on Nodge but we all know its going in someones back pocket. The owners are trying to squeeze profit out of it.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
      25% of our homes games are on TV so far.

QPR v Newcastle United
      Monday 12th September - 8.00pm Kick-Off - Sky Sports
      QPR v Aston Villa
      Sunday 25th September - 4.00pm Kick-Off - Sky Sports
      QPR v Chelsea
      Sunday 23rd October - 4.00pm Kick-Off - Sky Sports
      Tottenham Hotspur v QPR
      Sunday 30th October - 4.00pm Kick-Off - Sky Sports
      QPR v Manchester City
      Saturday 5th November - 5.30pm Kick-Off - ESPN
      QPR v Sunderland
      Tuesday 20th December - 8.00pm Kick-Off ????

Gr8 news for the fans who have young family's like me and can't afford ST. Won't have too wait up for 8 minutes of coverage on the football league show.
      All those that believe in telekinesis raise my hand

Comment

How does the divvyng up of TV money work? Do we get anything for the away game at Spuds? Or, are payments just based on the home TV games?

Comment

Sky Sports TV Listings - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12942,00.html

ESPN - http://tv.espn.co.uk/oo/espl/live-fixtures-on-espn/

Couldn't find anything else for ESPN

Comment

Give that Sky have announced fixtures until the end of November and ESPN until the end of December. Does this mean we will have no other games rescheduled for TV reason for until the end of November? {Need to know so i can book holidays accordingly}

Comment

Originally posted by LoveRs View Post
              Gr8 news for the fans who have young family's like me and can't afford ST. Won't have too wait up for 8 minutes of coverage on the football league show.
              Most of the games it showed less than 90 seconds of coverage. QPR were the featured game on about 8 occasions most towards the end i.e. Palace, Cardiff, Leicester, Hull, Watford.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                25% of our homes games are on TV so far.

QPR v Newcastle United
                Monday 12th September - 8.00pm Kick-Off - Sky Sports
                QPR v Aston Villa
                Sunday 25th September - 4.00pm Kick-Off - Sky Sports
                QPR v Chelsea
                Sunday 23rd October - 4.00pm Kick-Off - Sky Sports
                Tottenham Hotspur v QPR
                Sunday 30th October - 4.00pm Kick-Off - Sky Sports
                QPR v Manchester City
                Saturday 5th November - 5.30pm Kick-Off - ESPN
                QPR v Sunderland
                Tuesday 20th December - 8.00pm Kick-Off ????

result!
                especially since i just spent my familys walk up ticket money on a top of the range 65" 3D plasma to watch them on
                Last edited by vblockranger; 11-07-2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PedalR View Post
                  How does the divvyng up of TV money work? Do we get anything for the away game at Spuds? Or, are payments just based on the home TV games?
                  Last season £660,000 per home game. £125,000 per away game. It has gone up slightly for this season. Can't remember off the top of my head how much by. on top of those fees there are also some ancillary payments but of course there is also a cost to the club in getting the fixtures and fittings up to scratch, lost seats for camera positions and hard wiring etc...

Can't remember the last time a newly promoted club got so many home games in the first round of picks. Sky have done us a right favour here.
                  Last edited by Nodge70; 11-07-2011, 04:32 PM.

Comment

So although we won't be on the box a lot of weeks will our fixtures still change?

I remember last year plenty of times on MOTD2 their was a near on full Premiership fixture list for a lot Sunday's even though only 2 games were shown live??

Also are we expecting more changes for December, Jan & Feb around November time?

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                      So although we won't be on the box a lot of weeks will our fixtures still change?

I remember last year plenty of times on MOTD2 their was a near on full Premiership fixture list for a lot Sunday's even though only 2 games were shown live??

Also are we expecting more changes for December, Jan & Feb around November time?
                      Yep - more changes to come. Any club who is playing a team competing in the Europa League automatically has their PL fixture following the Europa League match back to the Sunday or Monday night - so this will affect PL games involving Spurs, Fulham and Stoke.

Then you have TV picks for November thru February period made in October - more picks in late January to run through to the end of March and then at the end of March they pick the last games through to the end of the season - sometimes with a bit of jiggling so the vital games are shown.

Other scenario's to add in to the mix. If Club A is due to compete in a League or FA Cup Semi Final or Final and originally had a game scheduled for live TV on the same night or weekend, SKY/ESPN can pick a replacement game with "limited" notice. Then, Club A are also entitled to have another game shown live so they don't miss a payment.

Can get extremely messy. To be fair, the PL do their best to avoid disruption for fans but at the end of the day, fans who book travel early can get stung.

Comment

Interesting. Cheers Nodge.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                          Chelsea 4pm on a sunday? People drinking all day..... Very sensible....hmmmmm
                          Hours difference between a saturday kick off at 3pm when people will drink all day so cant see it having much of on impact with regards crowd disorder.

If it was evening kick off ala Millwall you would have a point

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                            Last season £660,000 per home game. £125,000 per away game. It has gone up slightly for this season. Can't remember off the top of my head how much by. on top of those fees there are also some ancillary payments but of course there is also a cost to the club in getting the fixtures and fittings up to scratch, lost seats for camera positions and hard wiring etc...

Can't remember the last time a newly promoted club got so many home games in the first round of picks. Sky have done us a right favour here.
                            Cheers for that. I totted up the Sky games and our 3 home live games is quite a healthy number.... only Spurs and Man U have more (4 games).
                            Arsenal, Villa, Rovers, Everton, Swansea and Albion only have 1 home game live whilst Wigan and Sunderland have zilch!

Comment

Hey. Ive just heard that Steve Claridge has got a job on sky and he's been asigned to cover our games. : only joking. But wouldnt surprise me one bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X