Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Paladini's past incompetence affecting our present transfer dealings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Paladini's past incompetence affecting our present transfer dealings?

I'm thinking about large promotion bonuses and wage increases negotiated for players who in the PL who will be surplus to requirements or just fringe players in the squad.

Obviously I don't know the in's and outs though I have seen it quoted by a few posters that promotion initiated approximately £10 million in payments. I understand that we may have ended up paying an additional 400k for both Mackie and Taarabt to their previous clubs and there maybe be a few other such examples.

However, given Paladini's form I can't help thinking Neil would have a larger transfer budget were it not for The Waiter's past contract negotiation skills.
    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 02-07-2011, 07:13 AM.

I would think that all clubs have a bonus scheme in place as an incentive for players but think the figure you have quoted of £10 million would be way over the top or at least I hope it is

If we say said that 30 squad players plus ten backroom staff including Warnock were eligible for this amount then it equates to £250,000 each on average and I don't think we even used 30 players last season so not all of them would have qualified unless it was in their contracts regardless

I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that Plymouth do benefit though I cannot remember the actual amount and I would not be surprised if Spurs had some sort of clause as well but that seems to have worked out well for all involved

Has Paladini potentially put off some players joining us? Perhaps but most players are mercenaries anyway and as long as they get the best deal I would have thought if anything they would be banging on his door to chat with him rather then the opposite and if anything I reckon it is more a case of the uncertainty regarding Warnock staying or not

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
      I would think that all clubs have a bonus scheme in place as an incentive for players but think the figure you have quoted of £10 million would be way over the top or at least I hope it is

If we say said that 30 squad players plus ten backroom staff including Warnock were eligible for this amount then it equates to £250,000 each on average and I don't think we even used 30 players last season so not all of them would have qualified unless it was in their contracts regardless

I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that Plymouth do benefit though I cannot remember the actual amount and I would not be surprised if Spurs had some sort of clause as well but that seems to have worked out well for all involved

Has Paladini potentially put off some players joining us? Perhaps but most players are mercenaries anyway and as long as they get the best deal I would have thought if anything they would be banging on his door to chat with him rather then the opposite and if anything I reckon it is more a case of the uncertainty regarding Warnock staying or not
      Well Rowlands earned 200k from our promotion, I know this because he was overheard by a number fans at the POTY do stating it was the only reason he was hanging around the club...what was it one game he took part in.

Warnock collected a cool £1million bonus I hear and fully deserved, but its the likes of Vine, Ageymang, Hall etc who probably see wage increases as a result of promotion. I don't think £10 million is far off the mark and we will probably loan a load of players out like season like Vine to Donny whereby we pick up the vast majority of the wage.

Comment

What has hampered us more than bonuses, which I don't mind paying, they deserve it is the promotion wage bonus to Vine / Agyemang etc. Also the ridiculous long contracts he negotiated.
        The 2 Italians are back, with us so can someone please explain Paladinis statement that Pellocori was sold for a small profit..... B ollox we are still paying his wages along with another year on his contract...
        Paladini has no doubt crippled our spending ability this year as all those clowns mentioned above will be included in our budget yet won't play a single game between them.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
          Well Rowlands earned 200k from our promotion, I know this because he was overheard by a number fans at the POTY do stating it was the only reason he was hanging around the club...what was it one game he took part in.

Warnock collected a cool £1million bonus I hear and fully deserved, but its the likes of Vine, Ageymang, Hall etc who probably see wage increases as a result of promotion. I don't think £10 million is far off the mark and we will probably loan a load of players out like season like Vine to Donny whereby we pick up the vast majority of the wage.
          Rowlands was so drunk at the POTY do he could have said he got a million pound bonus and would not have remembered it the following morning but yes it does sound feasible he got £200,000 as I recall he only signed a new contract about 2 1/2 years ago and promotion was a far off dream then

The likes of Vine and Ageymang does make my blood boil though and I fully agree that the long contracts they were given was shocking and must affect the wage budget sey aside for this season

Really don't know where it all went wrong with Vine and I honestly don't think it was the injury he got and more the case of how he woke up one morning and realised he was set up financially for life and so lost the hunger to keep bettering himself

Hall I will stick up for and I never thought I would say that in a million years but obviously Newcastle rated him highly when they took him on loan and to be fair he was immense for us in the second half of last season and I think he could do a decent job in the Premier though of course I would want the club to find better if they could

Comment

As it stands Isle, Fitz Hall and I never ever thought I'd say this, is by far and away the best centre half as the club. Agree with pretty much all you say.

Though I'm sure the million pound Paladini cost us would have paid for DJ Campbell.

Comment

Let's be fair (for once), bonuses on getting to the Prem and an increase in wages are pretty common and understandable. The problem is exactly what Jeffro said (and many of us said at the time); far too long contracts for the likes of Aygemang and Vine. So much can happen in three years, let alone five. I remember Pete (and a few others) defending Paladini (unusual I know) stating that long contracts were necessary to stop us losing the players when the contracts finished.

The view should be that if they, and the club did well, we'd want to keep them, which wouuld be easier at a successful club and if they didn't we'd want to get rid.

And please don't get me started on the Italian lamp post and the 100 goal a season Concorde look a like. How can anyone think either was worth any more than a one year deal? A reminder: they BOTH have probably got a pay rise too; do you think they'll be in a hurry to move on when they can stay wish us on a huge wedge?

The current over spend on wages is to typical under Paladini's tenure. Year on year before the takeover he failed miserably in matching expenditure with income, increase the debt to the point where we needed these **saviours** to come in, achieve the 'dream' and price us out of going to see the team.

Thanks once again for that, Chaps...

Comment

Originally posted by davman View Post
                Let's be fair (for once), bonuses on getting to the Prem and an increase in wages are pretty common and understandable. The problem is exactly what Jeffro said (and many of us said at the time); far too long contracts for the likes of Aygemang and Vine. So much can happen in three years, let alone five. I remember Pete (and a few others) defending Paladini (unusual I know) stating that long contracts were necessary to stop us losing the players when the contracts finished.

The view should be that if they, and the club did well, we'd want to keep them, which wouuld be easier at a successful club and if they didn't we'd want to get rid.

And please don't get me started on the Italian lamp post and the 100 goal a season Concorde look a like. How can anyone think either was worth any more than a one year deal? A reminder: they BOTH have probably got a pay rise too; do you think they'll be in a hurry to move on when they can stay wish us on a huge wedge?

The current over spend on wages is to typical under Paladini's tenure. Year on year before the takeover he failed miserably in matching expenditure with income, increase the debt to the point where we needed these **saviours** to come in, achieve the 'dream' and price us out of going to see the team.

Thanks once again for that, Chaps...
                Great post.

Comment

Working...
                X