No announcement yet.

Bothroyd Bid Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk - The voice of reason whilst the lemmings continue to leap!

Good on you Spence
    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by WALKONBY View Post
      Still on going
      This is what I hear too. Still in talks with agent and player. £50k a week is hugely exaggerated by the way.

Comment

CAn pete and Albertico get there hatrick on "done deals" go south??

Routs
        Graham
        Bothroyd

Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
          it's bloody annoying but do you think we should be paying 50k a week to players? I don't

bang on!
          we will not be paying anyboby that sort of wage
          totally unsustainable for a club of our size

Comment

Do we really beleive that our club can afford to pay a player £50k a week? NO! I would'nt mind him at Rs but not on that type of money also how many more ITKs are going to get embarassed about their predictions ,why not just let time take it's course.
            nothing done till on the offy site, rather than all this I know whats going on rubbish which you obviously dont. Tango & Cash will spend no more than they need to Also I wouldn't be suprised if N.W. walked with what is going on at this club, FARSICAL

Comment

50k a week hahaha! That piece goes right out the window when that is mentioned!! There is no way Bothroyd would demand that wage, if he did he'd be signing on in the job centre!

Comment

if salary demands corrct we shouldnt want him anywhere near out team, if he came in on 50k what would that doour team morale and a certain adel

Comment

With all due respect, if he genuinely does want £50k, then we should rightly tell him to do one. At £30k, I'd say that's more than fair for a player of his ability.
                  Your mum would love me...

Comment

Seems to be a lot of talking being done but not much signing.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                      With all due respect, if he genuinely does want £50k, then we should rightly tell him to do one. At £30k, I'd say that's more than fair for a player of his ability.
                      don't think we should go higher than 20-25k to be fair. I mean, what are the others on? Unless the guy is world class (which bothroyd isn't), then 20-25 seems fair.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                        don't think we should go higher than 20-25k to be fair. I mean, what are the others on? Unless the guy is world class (which bothroyd isn't), then 20-25 seems fair.
                        Exactly that. I think that if we do miss out, it'll not be for the want of trying on our part, but for greed on his.
                        Your mum would love me...

Comment

I know it's not really logical but giving someone a wage which is significantly more than the number of people we get in at a home game, just doesn't seem right. I'm actually pleased that we're standing firm on these issues.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                            I'm actually still thinking we will sign him. He's got a point to prove in the Premier League and Warnock is good for him. AND FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL
                            comes down to whether he wants to play or pocket 50k, lets be honest footballers in general not really known to think about footie first

Comment

Quite right, he'd be pushing his luck asking for more than £25k as it is. If he does the business then the club can reassess.

Is a mercenary really going to fight for us when the chips are down?

Blackpool didn't break their wage structure for anyone and theirs was and is far lower than ours.

Comment

Working...
                              X