No Routledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£12m and £6m could BOTH be right !
    It 'could' be a £12m kitty but might include wages as well.
    So £6m is considered a sufficient outlay, and £6m put aside to cover wages.

4 players on £25k a week (our alleged cap)
    = £5.2m a year.
    Add a couple of loans, allow for not all 6 players earning our maximum wage cap, maybe 3 on £20k and we're pretty close.

Or it could be £12m for the whole season and NW has decided to spend 50% now and leave £6m for January re-informents. Would seem sensible.

Anyway, stuff Routledge. 1 goal in 99 Premiership appearances confirms he flatters to decieve at the top level.
    He'll do well at West Ham.
    I guess McAnuff or Ambrose may now be Warnocks preferred choices.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      Don't agree Benny. Not only have I heard enough as I'm sure others have to be sure budgets are very small I also think you underestimate the collosal confidence/ arrogance/ indifference of Bernie and Flavio. They really do think they are kind of geniuses who simply by turning up and "re-branding" the club will make it a success. I genuinely think they think they can stay up on a shoe-string and when they almost certainly learn - possibly long before Christmas - that you cannot do that, they will blame Warno. They also don't seem to spend a huge amount of time even thinking about Rangers - probably about as much time as you might spend thinking about your local summer fete.

It won't be a particularly brilliant manager but there are always plenty of "big name" managers who are out of work, in Italy as in here - look at McLaren till he finally shuffled back at Notts Forest.

I admire your positivity but sadly in this case I think it is more like blind optimism. Warno might pull off a miracle but be under no illusions it will need to be a miracle.
      I didn't mean to start a new page and this needs to be read.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
        What was your opinion about DJ Campbell and Charlie Adams this time last season, as they were both seen as average, honest workhorses, but not a premiership players, but they both will be next season.
        ADAM, was never seen as average, even when he left Galsgow Rangers for 500k the fans werent happy as he was a classy player with a decent left foot.

He was known as quality by Holloway and many football fans.
        DJ Campbell had played Prem football before, whilst not setting the world alight.

Ian Evatt would have suited your argument better.

Comment

Well, if it is true that Neil has the final say on transfers and he has decided that Routledge isn't worth the fee and wages on top, that's good enough for me.

He did a good job for us on both occasions he has signed but the man isn't worth £25-£50k a week, well done to him for getting that type of salary.

From a personal point of view I don't care if he comes or not, I would much prefer someone like Maynard at Bristol City or a fully fit Giles Barnes on a free.

Lots of bargains out there, we just have to be prudent, plus the market hasn't started to move yet.
          Kept the faith!

Comment

More disapointment. Routledge would of done so good for us.

It's really hard being a QPR fan at the moment and we've just got promotion. Madness
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
              Well, if it is true that Neil has the final say on transfers and he has decided that Routledge isn't worth the fee and wages on top, that's good enough for me.

He did a good job for us on both occasions he has signed but the man isn't worth £25-£50k a week, well done to him for getting that type of salary.

From a personal point of view I don't care if he comes or not, I would much prefer someone like Maynard at Bristol City or a fully fit Giles Barnes on a free.

Lots of bargains out there, we just have to be prudent, plus the market hasn't started to move yet.
              I think the point California is not that Warno didn't want him but that he has so little money he is no longer such a priority. Two very different things.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                How can u go by a newcastle forum, he was in and out of the side. Never got a run of games. Neil Warnock got the very best out of him and his goals and quality was a huge part of our success. I actually think he delivers a lovely cross and has a much better end product than an arron lennon. Did you miss the 2nd half of the season????
                True, he didn't get a run, Barton was playing so well and keeping him out. I recall reading about what the toon forum thought about him leaving for us on loan, and they weren't upset, they didn't think he was good enough for the prem.
                He scored some nice goals, and put in some good crosses, but no more than Mackie did. He doesn't seem to be a very clever/intelligent type of player for me, and when I watched him (in every game he played btw) he lost possession too many times for me, and you can't do that in the prem 'cause it's hard to get it back.

Comment

I think the point California is not that Warno didn't want him but that he has so little money he is no longer such a priority. Two very different things.
                  That was my take on it and it wasn't a good read. Lets hope the article has it completely wrong.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                    ADAM, was never seen as average, even when he left Galsgow Rangers for 500k the fans werent happy as he was a classy player with a decent left foot.

He was known as quality by Holloway and many football fans.
                    DJ Campbell had played Prem football before, whilst not setting the world alight.

Ian Evatt would have suited your argument better.
                    My point (not argument) is valid as they are both hard working players who never give up, just like Mackie.

Also, Rangers wanted shot of Adams and he went on loan to a Championship team and although he done really well in their promotion season, not many people thought he would have the impact he had last season in the PL, apart from Holloway, who done with him, what NW done with Taarabt.

Comment

We don't know if that's 100% true, or just more rumour, Routledge or Bothroyd isn't worth £25-50k per week but if I had to choose one of them it would be Bothroyd and that would be with gritted teeth.

Mad salaries for crap players, the game will go bust and if we remain prudent the future might be brighter then we thing, the last man standing senario!
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

WeAre - we are agreeing a lot today.

Paul - there will always be the odd rough diamond from the Champ who surprises a few people in the Prem, but less and less these days. Ian Evett is actually more typical - surprised a few people by playing out of his skin at first but ultimately was found to be the Championship player he always was. I like Mackie's attitude and commitment but I think you are being a bit rose tinted about him - long before his injury he was starting to struggle in the Championship, let alone the Premiership. I don't get this point that Del Trotter and others make that he somehow "deserves" his chance, simply for being a good honest toiler. You "deserve" your chance if you are good enough.

Routledge was a huge step up when he came in for him. Mackie is a good squad player but if we are thinking about him for first choice next season then I really am worried.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                          My point (not argument) is valid as they are both hard working players who never give up, just like Mackie.

Also, Rangers wanted shot of Adams and he went on loan to a Championship team and although he done really well in their promotion season, not many people thought he would have the impact he had last season in the PL, apart from Holloway, who done with him, what NW done with Taarabt.
                          Not to be pedantic Paul , but both Adam and DJ what ever league they are in have far more ability than Mackie, and whilst they do work hard, arent known for it.

In fact Hansen regularly pulled up Adam for losing balls and not tracking back
                          on MOTD.

Comment

well

well i am broken hearted by this news why we want to sign a broken old man
                            like bullard is beyond me ,honestly it is,i think routledge if he signed for us could have been player of the season

SO IM VERY VERY VERY SAD AT THIS LATEST NEWS
                            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Routledge was a huge step up when he came in for him. Mackie is a good squad player but if we are thinking about him for first choice next season then I really am worried.
                              Yes he was, but Routledge wont be here next season, so we are stuck with Mackie, Hogan, Smith, Buzz or maybe even Jobi.

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                                We don't know if that's 100% true, or just more rumour, Routledge or Bothroyd isn't worth £25-50k per week but if I had to choose one of them it would be Bothroyd and that would be with gritted teeth.

Mad salaries for crap players, the game will go bust and if we remain prudent the future might be brighter then we thing, the last man standing senario!
                                I think we do know more or less that budgets are extremely tight. Fulham Chronicle for instance is clearly fed its information straight from the club. I'm not for a moment claiming ITK status but via a poster on here who I trust who has explained to me precisely how he knows Warno is resigned to having very little money. Said if he has to he will go into next season with the same team "and give it a damn good crack" but he is completely bemused by the board and their failure to engage as much as to spend.

Comment

Working...
                                X