No announcement yet.

The future england national side.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we were 90 seconds, SECONDS from the semi and got hit on a break....as czechs gambled, they knew the draw put them thru...so at 1-1 we were out anyway, we piled forward and again got caught..losing 2-1, 6-1 or drawing 1-1 ..WE WERE OUT.
    we needed to beat ukraine imo....i felt we were too defensive and created little.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      Quality player. Looks so calmon the ball, future back 4 of Walker Smalling Jones Bertrand (although he isnt great, i lack the knowledge of any other young LBs lol) looks quite promising on paper, just a shame they seem to have the typical English "bootle job" mentality eh.....
      LB? Kieran Gibbs possibly

Comment

Originally posted by BigDanShittu View Post
        One of the big reasons England have not been good for years is they don't give enough small players a chance. Instead of picking small and very technical players they choose big lumps who can kick the ball far. Just look at Spain David Silva, Xavi, Villa, Iniesta, Mata etc England don't have/give any players like this a chance.
        goes back to my post about what our clubs look for

Comment

I hate having to say this about my own people, but "bottling it" has become something of a national characteristic.
          I mean, only a month ago, when all that shyte with the crooked FA was goin' on, we had people on here asking if anyone would be bothered if the crooks at the FA robbed us of our well deserved title of champions, and dropped us to second place, but still guaranteeing promotion to the premiership.
          That would have been fine and dandy, to some, if not most.
          If today, we were to face a conflict on the same scale as World War 2, we wouldn't last five minutes, too many bottlers amongst us nowadays.

Comment

They showed plenty of hart and endeavor, those two things are not in question, we fall down on technique, when we need to hold onto the ball we needlessly give it away. We are taught from a young age to win at all costs , what we really should be teaching under9s upwards is how to look after the ball. More Wilshere's and MaCekrean (spelling?) and less 6ft plenty strong units, we have the players give them a chance.

Comment

Both England teams have one thing in common----Stuart Pearce.Never done anything as a manager but managed to ruin Peter Taylor's Under 21s team and is always seen sitting next to Capello whispering in his ear.To much influence and now they are talking of giving him a new contract.

Comment

Thing is they cannot get out of this long ball style,look up nothings on so just punt it up top.Teams like Spain concentrate on just keeping the ball where as we just so intent on getting it up the field asap.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                  They showed plenty of hart and endeavor, those two things are not in question, we fall down on technique, when we need to hold onto the ball we needlessly give it away. We are taught from a young age to win at all costs , what we really should be teaching under9s upwards is how to look after the ball. More Wilshere's and MaCekrean (spelling?) and less 6ft plenty strong units, we have the players give them a chance.
                  the players are definately there need to recognise them and give them the same chance we give the big lumps

Comment

Did my Level One badge last year - the guy taking it was a very experienced chap, had worked all over the country at a fairly high level.
                    Anyway - he was saying about how they develop players in Holland.

When they get to about 10-11, they separate players into sizes rather than by age. So, all the lumps play each other and all the smaller/late developers don't get out-muscled before they have "grown".

By the time they regroup into ages (15/16?) the smaller ones have filled-out and rise to the top, rather than having been stifled by the lumps for two or three years.

Interesting. Although Holland have won less World Cups than England!

Comment

If we had a team in a few years time, Rooney, Carrol, Wickham , Sterling, wilshere, rodwell, walker, smalling, Jones, bertrand and Hart I would be happy with that 11.

Comment

Working...
                      X