The future england national side.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jfish View Post

On another note can Rory balls the US Open up from this position.?
    No chance. Better than Tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
      No chance. Better than Tiger.
      At the moment, he's done so well after the mare he had at Augusta....

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
        It just shows the problem with british football that that players with little technical ability and terribble movement and spacial awareness are invoved in transfers of 16 and 20M already this summer, Jones, smalling, Henderson like robots or Woodentops if you are old enough to remember

really really very poor and these people are demanding of upwards 40k per week, I really hope we never end up paying that sort of money for players as bad as that

Kyle walker and dean sturridge the oly 2 who i thought were even halfway decent although both way off their recent premiership form
        Why British football, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Northern Ireland are doing fine compared to their size and status of their individual leagues, it's England thats screwed and will continue to be screwed.

Comment

Raheem Sterling just scored a brilliant goal for the U-17s.

Whatever we were paid, wasn't enough..

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post

what did we get for him??

Comment

"Why British football, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Northern Ireland are doing fine compared to their size and status of their individual leagues, it's England thats screwed and will continue to be screwed."

Well actually I meant English but the others are not pulling up trees and their players have similar levels of technical ability to Englands, I wouldnt back any of their under 21 sides against Iceland or even the Faroe islands
              its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Im lucky enough to have seen england win a world cup, thats our lot doubt very much if we will ever win another one.
                Every proper footballing country has cought us up and left us far far behind.
                They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post

http://youtu.be/8zekzE2ToWQ

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                    All been overpaid since they were 16, all mentally weak and thanks to the bloody foreign not letting our english players play in a national tournament, disgrace
                    agree, who does wenger think he is not letting wilshere play for england, because he has to be fit for his club, and who does Fergie think he is telling paul scholes, eng's finest midfielder , according to Zidane and Viera, not to play for england and stick to man U? A disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                      I really rate that Smalling. I just don't see England ever achieving anything edging towards pride in my lifetime.
                      Quality player. Looks so calmon the ball, future back 4 of Walker Smalling Jones Bertrand (although he isnt great, i lack the knowledge of any other young LBs lol) looks quite promising on paper, just a shame they seem to have the typical English "bootle job" mentality eh.....
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post
                        the problem can be seen by any parent who has kids playing in junior league football,, the scouts for the last 15 years do not look for the talented players they look for the biggest strongest quickest kids and then hope to teach them to play, they ignore all the good small inteligent players who know how to play. look at our premier leage we go out and buy the small players like modric and fabregas but we ignore bringing them through. i always wonder whether half the barcelona team and esp players like xavi and iniesta would have made it through the uk scouting system cos of their size regardless of their ability to pass. my prersonal belief would be that they dont. easnt aware of this till recently bt apparantly when coming through the youth team that xaavi and iniesta played in lost most of their games bt it wasnt about the winning but the ability to pass a ball in a certain way. the england tteam will be fkd for the forseeable future cos we just dont get it
                        Your right had Fabregas or Xavi been British they would have been released from academies at the ages 12/14 for being to small, we have a blinkered look over here, the first thing you hear if you have a young promising player and are trying to find him a club is how big is he? This is slowly changing, with clubs looking for footballers first now instead of athletes, but it will take time, i can see it slowly changing though. The academy set up is changing towards players who are comfortable on the ball, what annoys me is we have had players who are as gifted as those Spanish boys , but they've been let go because of the way we play or football.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                          Your right had Fabregas or Xavi been British they would have been released from academies at the ages 12/14 for being to small, we have a blinkered look over here, the first thing you hear if you have a young promising player and are trying to find him a club is how big is he? This is slowly changing, with clubs looking for footballers first now instead of athletes, but it will take time, i can see it slowly changing though. The academy set up is changing towards players who are comfortable on the ball, what annoys me is we have had players who are as gifted as those Spanish boys , but they've been let go because of the way we play or football.
                          i know it hasnt changed at rangers my boy plays in the harrow prem league which is regarded as one of the toughest in coutry , they finished runners up in league last year in the under 11's and have 4-5 players who play football not lump a ball , hold position , play with their brains, cos they are "small" compared to some kids they have never been looked at even though they are the best "footballers" in that league, not necasserilly th ebest quickest strongest players but best team players, where are rangers scouts to be seen ? nowhere . some scouts went to a game recently where they saw this big lump and told the coach they wanted him, the coach tells them hes not very good are much better footballers in the team and the scouts say "we dont want them we want him , well teach him to play!!!" were ****ed for next 10 years at least

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post
                            i know it hasnt changed at rangers my boy plays in the harrow prem league which is regarded as one of the toughest in coutry , they finished runners up in league last year in the under 11's and have 4-5 players who play football not lump a ball , hold position , play with their brains, cos they are "small" compared to some kids they have never been looked at even though they are the best "footballers" in that league, not necasserilly th ebest quickest strongest players but best team players, where are rangers scouts to be seen ? nowhere . some scouts went to a game recently where they saw this big lump and told the coach they wanted him, the coach tells them hes not very good are much better footballers in the team and the scouts say "we dont want them we want him , well teach him to play!!!" were ****ed for next 10 years at least
                            to be fair you don't see to many Rs scouts out anywhere, like i say views are changing but very slowly, the way we play our football doesn't help, but we are listening now to parents and coaches alike that are pushing for change. We all play results football, and at a young age that has to be the first thing to change, its not all about wining its about development.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                              to be fair you don't see to many Rs scouts out anywhere, like i say views are changing but very slowly, the way we play our football doesn't help, but we are listening now to parents and coaches alike that are pushing for change. We all play results football, and at a young age that has to be the first thing to change, its not all about wining its about development.
                              hope so mate a lot of really good young footballers out there who with the right approach have a good chance, i would rather watch a national side play football then to physically dominate the opposition which appears to have been the buzzword around the current team

Comment

One of the big reasons England have not been good for years is they don't give enough small players a chance. Instead of picking small and very technical players they choose big lumps who can kick the ball far. Just look at Spain David Silva, Xavi, Villa, Iniesta, Mata etc England don't have/give any players like this a chance.
                                Estamos QPR

Comment

Working...
                                X