Premier League Wages at QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier League Wages at QPR

Would be very interested to know what everyone thinks we should actually be paying players now, based upon certain comments with regard to not only Adel, but our other supposed targets also.

As an example, if we had a 25 man squad on £30k pw each, then that equates to £39,000,000 per year. Obviously that does not include salaries for the manager and his coaching staff along with all the other employees of the club. Neither does it take into account all the other running costs.

Surely that is too high for us, isn't it ? Putting aside people's assumption that the owners should just stop being tight and "pay up".

Exactly; we can not afford to be a meaningful part of the Premier League without some serious backing. That means PROPER investment and NOT loans, which will ultimately take the club down the road to oblivion.

Based on attendances over the years and therefore the revenue coming in our natural place (despite what many of you think) is somewhere between the Championship and League One. Any higher and we will end up spending above our means.

For those reasons we should be paying no more than an average of £15-20k with a few higher earners and a few lower ones.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Would be very interested to know what everyone thinks we should actually be paying players now, based upon certain comments with regard to not only Adel, but our other supposed targets also.

As an example, if we had a 25 man squad on £30k pw each, then that equates to £39,000,000 per year. Obviously that does not include salaries for the manager and his coaching staff along with all the other employees of the club. Neither does it take into account all the other running costs.

Surely that is too high for us, isn't it ? Putting aside people's assumption that the owners should just stop being tight and "pay up".
      The figure of £39,000,000 is a lot but it must be put in the context of how much a club gets for being in the premiership, the figure I have never found out but appears to range from 40m to 90m. This money is on top of ticket prices, sponsorship, merchandise sales. Season tickets on average of £650 for 9000 fans brings in approx 6m therefore a wage bill of players on 30000 p/w isn't implausible at a club like ours.
      What I find strange is why so many premiership clubs are skint, players wages/purchases are obviously a major factor but don't think a wage ceiling of 30,000 p/w is unreasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
        The figure of £39,000,000 is a lot but it must be put in the context of how much a club gets for being in the premiership, the figure I have never found out but appears to range from 40m to 90m. This money is on top of ticket prices, sponsorship, merchandise sales. Season tickets on average of £650 for 9000 fans brings in approx 6m therefore a wage bill of players on 30000 p/w isn't implausible at a club like ours.
        What I find strange is why so many premiership clubs are skint, players wages/purchases are obviously a major factor but don't think a wage ceiling of 30,000 p/w is unreasonable.
        I'm sure I have seen these figures, based upon finishing positions posted on here before now.

Your final point is purely down to silly wages. Some clubs are running with wages accounting for 90% plus of their total revenue, West Ham being one of them and look what happened there. Throwing money around doesn't guarantee success on the pitch.

I think I read that there is one club whose wage bill alone exceeds the total revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post

Anyone would think that QPR didn't have two ha'pennies to rub together.
          If, we do not spend adequately on the playing side of things, then where, pray tell, will the vast amounts of money now pouring into the club, go?

Comment

Working...
          X