Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eight set to depart

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail...369228,00.html

Eight QPR First Team squad members, including experienced midfielder Gavin Mahon, will leave the Club when their contracts expire over the coming weeks.

Mahon, Georgios Tofas, Josh Parker, Lee Brown, Joe Oastler, Elliott Cox, Romone Rose and Pascal Chimbonda will all move on to pastures new.

Speaking to www.qpr.co.uk, R's gaffer Neil Warnock explained: "There are some really good lads with good quality amongst the eight that we've released.

"This could be just what they need to go on and kick-start their careers. I wish them all the best."

The Club would like to thank all eight players for their contribution to QPR and wish them the very best for the future.

Shitt.u isn't on that list, how long has Rowlands got left on his contract?
    Kept the faith!

Comment

thought there would be more tbh...maybe we arent planning on bringing too many in?
      Leon Clarke already gone?

Comment

MAYBE

maybe shittu will get a one year contract,i hope so
        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Leon Clarke a big part of the manager's plans. Graham not needed. Clarke to get us 20 goals. No exaggeration to say that Clarke could one day be hailed as a greater Rs goal machine than Mateo Alberti...

Comment

Well slightly upset about this. I could of thought of about 15 we needed out. If that mean't paying off some contracts then so be it
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              Well slightly upset about this. I could of thought of about 15 we needed out. If that mean't paying off some contracts then so be it
              Money does not grow on tree's

Comment

In fairness to the club if someone like Vine refuses point blank to take an offer of accepting x per cent of his contract and insists he is paid its entire value then the club prob thinks "well he can rot in the reserves and we might find some club who will take him on loan and at least pay half his wage".

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                  Money does not grow on tree's
                  I wish u didn't talk so much sh it at times, are u trying to pi ss me off Paul?
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Not at all, you are suggesting the Club should release 60% of the squad and simply write cheques for hundreds of thousands of pounds to cancel contracts and I'm saying that in the real world it does not work like that, especially when you have tight ****ers like our owners running the club.

PS: talking of talking s h i t e, is your source still saying that Danny Graham has 100% signed for QPR FC ?
                    Last edited by paulmason; 01-06-2011, 10:17 AM.

Comment

So the other players that are out of contract will stay? Shittu, Helguson, Ramage etc.?

Comment

God, there are loads who are sh1t who are being kept on! Shittu, Borrowdale, Clarke, Vine etc. And what about Rowlands and Cook? Surely they're not in the manager's plans.
                        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

maybe we're looking to see if there is someone who would take our players on a nominal fee before writing off players at a million pounds a pop?
                          RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

real shame to see Mahon & Parker leave, but i'm so happy $hittu isn't on the list!
                            Under Les Ferdinand:
                            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                              maybe we're looking to see if there is someone who would take our players on a nominal fee before writing off players at a million pounds a pop?
                              That makes total sense to most of us Jeff but some people see it so differently :impatient:
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                              X