Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Board Member Was The Most Influential In Our Promotion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Board Member Was The Most Influential In Our Promotion?

In your perception, which board member was ultimately responsible in giving Warnock the backing for wages and players last season, where we all enjoyed the promotion to the big time.

Hopefully we can avoid talking about Gianni Paladini in this thread, as its not about him or Warnock
    Bernie Ecclestone
    33.33%
    Flavio Briatore
    11.11%
    Lakeshmi Mittal
    2.78%
    Ami Bhattia
    52.78%
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

during the season Neil mentioned discussing things with Flavio and Bernie a few times, like transfer kitty in January concerns over Nottingham Forest etc. , i think Flav runs the show still backed with Bernies cash.

Comment

I would imagine that BE was the one mainly to thank.

However, that in no way will ever excuse his total lack of respect for Rangers fans.

Comment

no no no

GGGGGGGGGGIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Warnock
          R's

Comment

Everything bad about the running of the club from the past few years has been down to Bernie and Flav...the manager merry go round and instability...the ticket prices...the sticking their nose in on pitch affairs
            The Mittals seem to be interested more than the other pair in fans and community and are also involved around the world in a lot of good projects (a lot of it in India)
            Lets face it Bernie and the orange tub of lard are only involved with us to make money and Bernies valuation of the club being worth £160 million (didnt he want £100 mill for his 60% stake?) is a joke.
            What did he pay for the club originally? half a mill? ok he accrued the club debt but whats that now? £20 - £30 million?? and he wants £100 million for his %?.....im hoping its just a matter of time until a figure somewhere between what the Mittals offered (£25 mill?) and what Bernie will accept will be reached....we can only hope anyway

Comment

The problem is, bernie dont have the time or perhaps the will to actually run and keep a close eye on the club, he leaves this to others at the club, thats prob why we get in such a bluudy state.
              They seek him here.................

Comment

Relentless spin
                Who cost us £875,000 in fines?
                From the Hills of Kerry
                To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  I would imagine that BE was the one mainly to thank.

However, that in no way will ever excuse his total lack of respect for Rangers fans.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Comment

gianni

gggggggggggggiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnn nnnn...nnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiii

he got 870 000 in fines but also got us 90 million in getting us promotion

SO YES YES YES..........................NEXT TO SCARLET PIMPLE GIANNI DID MORE THAN ANYBODY AT THE CLUB

More...

Comment

Not sure what you're agenda is on this one Pete but from what I understand Bernie was the one giving the green light to NW.

Saying that, the season is over & its about what goes in now not then.

Bernie no doubt wants to do things on the cheap this season & that's not acceptable.

Comment

Most important board member? Ted. Keeps me sane.

Comment

yeah

thanks stains its nice to be appreciated that nasty scarlet pimple dosnt give me much praise even though i worked on the cyclehoop thread which was the longest in the history of the message boards

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                            In your perception, which board member was ultimately responsible in giving Warnock the backing for wages and players last season, where we all enjoyed the promotion to the big time.

Hopefully we can avoid talking about Gianni Paladini in this thread, as its not about him or Warnock
                            Usual spin Pete. The thread title asks one question, and the thread itself asks another entirely.

The way you talk about Bernie & Flav, you make it sound as though the Mittals have contributed next door to nothing financially. However, I quote from that statement from Bernie & Flav:

"Bernie Ecclestone and the Flavio Briatore Trust (FB Trust) saved QPR from administration when they acquired the Club in 2007. When the Mittals joined them, FB Trust and Ecclestone maintained an 80% interest in the Club and provided 80% of the funding needed to run QPR.

In 2009 when Briatore took a backseat at QPR, FB Trust passed a 13% shareholding in QPR to the Mittals free of charge. This took Ecclestone and the FB Trust's combined shareholding to 67% and they have continued to fund 67% of the Club's financial need, with the Mittals contributing 33%."

In other words, Bernie & Flav contributed what their percentage shareholding required of them to keep things going. As did the Mittals. Nothing shocking there.

In terms of who made the greatest contribution to getting the club up, I'd simply ask:

Would we have gotten promotion without Warnock?
                            Would we have gotten promotion without a settled and stable management team operating the club and business?
                            Would we have gotten promotion without getting the fans back onside?

If you think, as most fans would, the answer to those questions is "No", then ask yourself which Board Member convinced Warnock to join (The answer to this is a matter of record, answered by NW directly in an interview shortly after he joined)? Which Board Member oversaw a return to sanity behind the scenes after the madness of Flav's era? And which Board Member had the courtesy to attend fans meetings and listen to their concerns, culminating in ST price decreases at the start of last season (admittedly a small but welcome olive branch)?

And if you've still got any doubts, ask yourself who has caused all that fans goodwill to be thrown out the window in one week with the announcement of a Prem ticketing policy that borders on extortion?

The Most Influential Board Member in our Promotion?

AMIT BHATIA.

End of.

Comment

Flavio was most influential by a country mile,he kept his nose out and we got promoted.Hopefully hes learned from his earlier mistakes

Comment

Working...
                              X