Dewy eyed fans and rose tinted specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewy eyed fans and rose tinted specs

over the last few days i have read alot about how these 2 multi millionaires are ruining our "family club" taking the soul out of football etc..and how the mittals who suddenly every tom **** and harry seems to love even though they have done precious little apart for the occasional fan pleasing sound bite.

this got me thinking ..the grass is always greener and i think as someone who has supported the club since the early 70's you probably have to go back to jim gregory to find a time when we we were truly a family club..and even he was a hard nosed b sometimes..since then what have we had..a chairman who wanted to turn us into fulham park rangers ..a young kid who was way out of his depth, a so called fan who loved his rugby..a succession of failed consortiums...

we do have rich owners and we are are in the premier league..but when you shake hands with the devil sometimes things aren'tgoing to be the cosy little family club senario that people seem to hold on to.

football has changed..sky have seen to that, they have turned it from the beautiful passionate game into a corporate americanised game that is now a super juggernaut that no one can stop.

yes we can protest and if our stadium were bigger and half empty but with a ground as small as ours it will be full for every home game..whether its with tourists and passers by or with true fans is up to us..

Have to say thats not too far from as I see it, yes I would prefer the Mittals but FB and BE seem to be getting the stick for the way football has changed.

Comment

I'd rather go out with a fight though.

Comment

I keep coming back to

Why did Bernie buy shares off Flavio, when they were clearly were available to The Mittals. Amit had been very persuasive in getting Warnock in and everything seemed rosy.

We never questioned it because the team were performing well on the pitch. It seemed wwe had less interference from Flavio and we the fan base were genuinely very happy

It wasn't to quite late last year, that Bernie bought them.
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

what ever way you look at it my walk up ticket in the upper loft has gone up to nearly 60 quid which in my mind is total and utter maddness! im now in two minds what to do on one hand i love rangers and going to football and on the other i begrudge paying such a crazy price!! but at the end of the day i know ill go to matches next season because i just cant stay away from it, im an addict and the batsrds in charge who ever they may be know this, they have got me by the ******!!
          LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Working...
          X