Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keane again - interesing comments from W.Ham supporters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keane again - interesing comments from W.Ham supporters.

Sourced from NeasNowQPR.

Quote:

West Ham flop gives QPR food for thought
    Robbie Keane did his chances of securing Premier League football next season no harm whatsoever on Tuesday night as he scored twice for Republic of Ireland in the derby against Northern Ireland to help guide his country to a memorable 5-0 victory.

The Tottenham forward, who is out of favour at White Hart Lane and failed to impress on loan at West Ham as they suffered relegation, admitted recently that he has no idea what is in store for him this summer, but he gave the scouts watching him in Dublin plenty of encouragement.

His goals to help Giovanni Trapattoni's side build a three-point lead in the Carling Nations Cup (which they are 1.12 to win) were both gifts, one from a back pass and the other from the penalty spot, yet it's his overall international record that will make the biggest impact on rumoured suitors like QPR.

The 30-year-old is now just one goal shy of the overall British Isles benchmark for most international strikes, 49, that was set by Bobby Charlton, an incredible achievement given that he is playing for lower-ranked nation and has hit his 48 in the exact same number of appearances as Charlton - 106.

The Boys in Green captain will be confident of equalling if not bettering Charlton's tally over the next fortnight with the Republic facing Scotland on Sunday in a Carling Nations Cup decider, then visiting Macedonia in a vital Euro 2012 qualifier before meeting Italy in a friendly in Belgium.

Just 32 players in history and only four still representing their country have managed career half-centuries in the past, and Keane becoming the 33rd would certainly boost his bid to attract a top-flight move.

Would Keane be a good addition for QPR? Offer your opinion in the box below...

Published: 25 May 2011

Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Reddit ShareThis2 Comments
    Darren (May 25, 2011 9:00 AM) said:

Neil Warnock, Bernie Ecclestone, and Robbie Keane deserve each other. No disrespect to QPR. Robbie Keane will drain the bank balance and hasten Warnock's inevitable exit.

Ted (May 25, 2011 9:59 AM) said:

Did not do a lot for west ham , so cant see point in overpaying him at QPR.

Hmm Facebook. Perhaps we should start a petition. Say "No" to Keane, Fox Hunting, Peedos and Rage Against the Machine.

Comment

What a balanced point of view I'd expect to get from bitter West Ham fans right now.

I don't need other fans opinions to make my mind up about a proven PL and International striker.

Comment

i

i think keen is past it now,hes another michael owen,what he once was he no longer is..........................so no thanks.............................
        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Scored another 2 goals last night for the ROI. That's 48 intl goals....not bad. For those that think signing robbie keane is a bad idea then you need your brain adjusted. We won't get him imo but too good for us at the moment.

Comment

I still think Keane could do it in the Prem,he just needs the club he goes to,to show so faith in him!(of course he'd have to take a massive drop in salary!)
            I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Originally posted by Sprocket View Post
              Scored another 2 goals last night for the ROI. That's 48 intl goals....not bad. For those that think signing robbie keane is a bad idea then you need your brain adjusted. We won't get him imo but too good for us at the moment.
              I think you can turn that round - it shows he only plays when he wants to. Can't be bothered half the time, especially as he thinks he should play for clubs like Liverpool. Can't see him putting in any effort for a smaller club like us...other than spending his money.
              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

I was watching that game last night, the second goal was a gift and the first goal was a peno.... flatters to decieve...

Comment

Originally posted by Droghoop View Post
                  I was watching that game last night, the second goal was a gift and the first goal was a peno.... flatters to decieve...
                  48 intl goals!!! Played for Inter,Liverpool,Spurs. FFS we have been served up Dexter Blackstock and Leon clarke amongst others the last few years. Keane won't come to QPR imo but our supporters need to get a reality check if they think we can turn up our nose at the likes of RK.

I think we will go for young players such as Graham rather than spunk 40-50K pw on Keane but imo Keane is too good for us...for now.

Comment

Working...
                  X