The prawn sandwich munchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The prawn sandwich munchers

Two of them were sitting next to me at Leeds ! never seen them before ! Never sang or clapped ! But I did here them talking about how they will get st
    R's

Had two sitting next to me as well, in regular st holders seats, never cheered or hardly spoke....yet genuine fans could not get tickets........
    They seek him here.................

Comment

This is where the club is heading for a fall if we ever go back down again,Do they think that pricing out fans who have been through league 1 and all the crap,that these johnnycomelatelys willl be interested should the worst happen.

Comment

The annoying thing is these guys will pay whatever the price
        R's

Comment

Originally posted by loftboy View Post
          This is where the club is heading for a fall if we ever go back down again,Do they think that pricing out fans who have been through league 1 and all the crap,that these johnnycomelatelys willl be interested should the worst happen.
          The club will not really care about the background of the fans as long as they pay the full price for their Season Ticket. It's a shame about the fans that can't afford it but we will need to charge more and attract new fans to survive.

If the worse happens and we come back down along with prices those less well off fans would come back in my opinion. Personally I can't just decide to go or not.. It's an addiction that I will do all I can to feed!

Comment

Let's all hope and pray that as many season ticket holders from last season, re-new.
            I don't want any toffee-nosed ******s sitting anywhere near me.

Comment

I sit in X block, not near the MENSA squad mind you. Had mostly dozen seats to myself most games up until easter was surronded by the odd group of vieatminise or some septics even. Then they all come jumping on the band wagon Mr johnnycumlately and Mrs Gloria Hunter. Never forget the Leicester game spent the entire 87 minutes trying to get the newcomers around me to back their team vocally, then when we scored felt a bit aggrieved that everyone aroubnd me was celebrating don't think they deserved the honour. lol

Comment

Yep, so much better in the good old days away to Peterborough Utd wasn't it, full of "real" fans? Just terrible the way the club is actually attracting new supporters and growing rather than remaining a sad little club for people who feel more comfortable with failure. As for prawn sandwiches, so much better to have a curry pie heated to industrial temperatures that takes your mouth off - really love the Loftus Rd catering, just right for "real" fans, wouldn't want them corrupted by food that was edible....

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  Yep, so much better in the good old days away to Peterborough Utd wasn't it, full of "real" fans? Just terrible the way the club is actually attracting new supporters and growing rather than remaining a sad little club for people who feel more comfortable with failure. As for prawn sandwiches, so much better to have a curry pie heated to industrial temperatures that takes your mouth off - really love the Loftus Rd catering, just right for "real" fans, wouldn't want them corrupted by food that was edible....
                  I'm glad you're alright Jack...

Comment

That's not what's being said,

Comment

Nothing wrong with attracting new fans, maybe there should have to sit an exam in getting behind your team and not slagging them off before being allowed their first ticket..lol

Comment

The club clearly have to increase prices accordingly - and for me personally -the more "new" people that want to come and support our great team the better. I've been to some pretty $hitty places for the away games - but I often don't get to Loftus Road because I live at the other end of the country. Am I not a "real" fan? I also can't stand the crap they serve up at Loftus Road and would prefer a nice prawn sarnie anyday. Yes they may not be as "vocal" as some of the "real" fans - but berating them for that is being just as snobbish as many make them out to be. And it's worth remembering that if/when we move to a bigger stadium we will desperatly need these fans to avoid the kind of "empty stadium" scenes you see at Blackburn etc.

All are welcome (unless they previously supported Chelsea) and onwards and upwards I say!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                          Eh?
                          We wouldn't need to attract so many "new" fans, if the club did it's damndest to retain the "old", and in my view, more loyal supporters, many of whom have been following the club through thin and thin for donkey's years.
                          Sorry, but I 'aint gonna be best pleased if some old faces disappear, and are replaced by toffee-nosed turd burglars, especially in block pl loft lower.

Comment

Jesus this reminds me of the 2 paraffin lamps who rocked up in my row for the Leeds game. Seriously looked like these 2 had been dragged off a Shepherds Bush Green park bench.

Only way to prevent Johnny Come Latelys buying new season tickets is for existing ST holders to renew...dig deep people!

Comment

Originally posted by dpmd View Post
                              I'm glad you're alright Jack...
                              Its not a question of me being alright or not alright. If you go and watch a play in the West End starring household names you are going to have to pay more than for an amateur production on the end of Wigan pier. Of course its a lot more difficult for "real" fans but they must also understand they can't expect to watch Graham, Jenas, Basong, Naughton etc among 13,000 fans paying 20 quid each. If you want Premier League players sadly you have to pay for them. It really is that simple.

Comment

Working...
                              X