Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mittal starting to fall in love with Rangers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Mittal starting to fall in love with Rangers?

If reports in the FT are to be believed that Mittal is about to up his stake in the club could this be a sign that he is starting to form an emotional attachment with the club?

Whilst I'm sure making all that money has brought him a great deal of satisfaction I just wonder how far up there the feeling of achievement and satisfaction is for 'his QPR' winning the Championship.

From the moment the man steps into White City fans greet him with adulation, on the pitch after the Hull match there was a thousand of us chanting his name........its enough to send a shiver down anyones spine even a man of Mittals stature.

Footballs a funny old game and despite Mittals reservations about turning his position into an Ambramovich style crusade, is it really possible to completely switch off from something once you form that emotional bond!

Maybe I'm just dreaming though and he can take it or leave it
    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 14-05-2011, 09:37 PM.

Believe you are right that our boss is starting to have feelings for HIS club. Who wouldn't.
    QPR is so infectious.

Comment

I think he is.

Comment

Why don't you ask him if your that concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarabrap View Post
          Why don't you ask him if your that concerned.
          Touchy.

Comment

but there is no report that he is upping his stake, he admitted he hadn't even spoken to BE about it.

Perhaps he will but at the moment people are reading between the lines and making 2+2=5

Comment

I don't think I'd heard a quote from Mittal prior to this week so I think you may be right.

He seems to talk in a way that shows some affection. I'd like to think our long term future lay with Lakshmi & Amit.

Comment

What a lovely thought that could be.. A kind of fairy tale story where the rich emperor takes over a grotty castle and turns it into a palace

Comment

He was lapping it up..

walking round the pitch after the Leeds game.. can see them wanting R's to do well and certainly not go straight back down....

Comment

The geezer loves money. Not QPR. It seems to me that we are barely on his radar. If there is a pound note to be made then his interest will grow but the fella hasnt become one of the worlds richest men by throwing his money around unless he gets more back in return.

Comment

Originally posted by BobHazell View Post
                      The geezer loves money. Not QPR. It seems to me that we are barely on his radar. If there is a pound note to be made then his interest will grow but the fella hasnt become one of the worlds richest men by throwing his money around unless he gets more back in return.

His only driver in life is money. My only consolation is that he can't take it with him. I wish we had owners who cared.

Comment

Originally posted by BobHazell View Post
                        The mans a football fan at the end of the day, he could make more money from steel in one day than he could in a lifetime from a football team IMO

I'm sure we are on his radar more than you think. He is worth so much the investment in QPR is paltry. It probably appeals to his business nature the way we have assembled a team under Warnock on the cheap and won the Championship. Maybe our new found success on the pitch and the passion amongst the fans has inspired him. But you make it sound like he is a penny pincher and only interested in a fast buck from Rangers when the reality is if he wants that there are far easier more profitable ways of earning a fast buck for a man of his wealth.
                        Last edited by W12_Ranger; 15-05-2011, 07:29 AM.

Comment

kind of fairy tale story where the rich emperor takes over a grotty castle and turns it into a palace
                          Don't really understand that unless you know Bernie or Flavio personally? They have invested huge amounts to get us in the premiership.

I don't disagree with the other option in Mittal, but i wouldn't describe this season as some kind of grotty castle.
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                            Don't really understand that unless you know Bernie or Flavio personally? They have invested huge amounts to get us in the premiership.

I don't disagree with the other option in Mittal, but i wouldn't describe this season as some kind of grotty castle.
                            The boardroom is grotty, not the season

Comment

Many of the non-football reports I've read about the Mittals alude to fact that they're down to earth normal folk who like the simple things in life. Ok, he must be a very ruthless businessman to have made his £billions but there's no reason not to belive that popping over to the Bush from his Kensington pile is giving him some enormous pleasure, relaxation and a connection to "normal life" in general. Put it like this, I'm pretty sure he's not some assett-stripping shark who's looking to flip his holding, sell off the ground and generally bleed us.

Comment

Working...
                              X