No BS this info is how it stands...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No BS this info is how it stands...

This is how I understand it. Unless the FA impose something on QPR before the final whistle tomorrow there should be no action that can be taken against as a Championship club. Any points they chose to take off QPR would have to be done next season. Once the final whistle occurs and all games finish the Championship season is over. There is only one grey area and that is you can only become a Premiership club once a member of the Premiership has been relegated. Because at present no clubs are officially relegated QPR and Norwich are technically not Premier League clubs yet. The Premier League fixtures doesn't kickoff until 3pm tomorrow, so providing either West Ham doesn't win or if Blackpool win, West Ham will be relegated and QPR become the first club from the Championship officially promoted. From that point it will virtually be impossible for the FA to take point off us in the Championship.

What about the playoff you ask - well that is a completely separate competition, one that qualification is achieved by finishing in positions 3 to 6 in the league with the winner gaining promotion via a knockout winner takes all tournament.

Didn't i just read this on another thread?
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
      Didn't i just read this on another thread?
      Now I'm confused.com

Comment

yes, copy and paste rules.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
          This is how I understand it. Unless the FA impose something on QPR before the final whistle tomorrow there should be no action that can be taken against as a Championship club. Any points they chose to take off QPR would have to be done next season. Once the final whistle occurs and all games finish the Championship season is over. There is only one grey area and that is you can only become a Premiership club once a member of the Premiership has been relegated. Because at present no clubs are officially relegated QPR and Norwich are technically not Premier League clubs yet. The Premier League fixtures doesn't kickoff until 3pm tomorrow, so providing either West Ham doesn't win or if Blackpool win, West Ham will be relegated and QPR become the first club from the Championship officially promoted. From that point it will virtually be impossible for the FA to take point off us in the Championship.

What about the playoff you ask - well that is a completely separate competition, one that qualification is achieved by finishing in positions 3 to 6 in the league with the winner gaining promotion via a knockout winner takes all tournament.
          Best to start a new thread about it, just to calrify the issue.

Cheers Dazzer

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
            Best to start a new thread about it, just to calrify the issue.

Cheers Dazzer
            And what's that?
            Queens Park Rangers
            NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

As i told you on my post,i have been told this is not true

Comment

WE can't be officially promoted until next weekend. Wigan play west ham.
                15 years in the wilderness will be a distant memory come Sunday 8th May 2011.

Comment

Dazzer. What about the Swindon situation? They were hammered well after the season finished.

Comment

Originally posted by dpmd View Post
                    Dazzer. What about the Swindon situation? They were hammered well after the season finished.
                    They wasn't deducted points. They were relegated. Totally different. My point is they can't deduct points once a season is finished. You can still be fined, relelgated or have other sactions imposed.

Comment

commission rules mean it has to be by 5pm in writing to the club.

pts deduction after final game is a grey area and would be subject to legal challange

Comment

Originally posted by baz View Post
                        commission rules mean it has to be by 5pm in writing to the club.

pts deduction after final game is a grey area and would be subject to legal challange
                        Spot on,and we have already made it known that if its points we will appeal and take it as far as we need to then the FA/FL will be in turmoil

Comment

THEY CAN'T DEDUCT POINTS once a season is FINISHED! After this weekends games IT CANNOT BE DONE!

Comment

THEY CAN'T DEDUCT POINTS once a season is FINISHED! After this weekends games IT CANNOT BE DONE!
                            How are you so sure?

Comment

mate we are not officially promoted till the premier league agm , this is in june, its when they accept the new clubs into league till then were still under football league juristiction

Comment

Working...
                              X