X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapia Resigns

Yes Please... ;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/8534274

If he has just finished 8th in arguably the best league in the world why would he come to QPR who are a team in the second tier of english football it doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Neither to me, but he's been linked so I guess we have a remote chance?

Comment

Possibly worse than LDC.

I'd give him 3 months before the players chew him around and spit him out. All whilst cracking Manuel gags.

So, he's a shoe in then.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
          Possibly worse than LDC.

I'd give him 3 months before the players chew him around and spit him out. All whilst cracking Manuel gags.

So, he's a shoe in then.
          :amazing: Just Came 8th in la liga, the teams 2nd highest ever finish.

Comment

But why take another chance on a foreign manager that has never managed in England?!

De Canio & Sousa never worked and it is widely accepted that the best chance of getting promoted to the PL is with a British man in charge.

It would be a big big gamble to appoint Tapia. Would this mean he has no say in player recruitment and Briatore continues to meddle with team selection?

We need to learn from mistakes made last season and address them otherwise it could be another disappointing campaign.

I would prefer a British manager with CCC experience any day of the week over Tapia regardless of how good he may be.

This is a major decision and one that the board cannot afford to get wrong.
            1st Game - QPR v Wolverhampton Wanderers on Tuesday 30th October 1979

www.twitter.com/ppledgerQPR

Comment

Originally posted by E4Hoop View Post
              :amazing: Just Came 8th in la liga, the teams 2nd highest ever finish.
              So? Relevance?

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                So? Relevance?
                the relevance is that he has proven himself to be a good manager at the highest level with a small team?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoops View Post

De Canio & Sousa never worked
                  why do people insist on saying De Canio never worked...he was employed to save us from relegation.....he done that.....job done so how did that not work.

Comment

Managing in la liga and managing in the championship couldn't be anymore different.
                    I think you would just need to ask Parejo that, so the playing aspect effects the management style. For those reasons it MUST BE a british/irish manager with experience in this division. If we bring in a foreign manager then its a huge gamble and a massive mistake in my eyes. Apart from Tigania with fulham, there are very few foreign managers that have taken a club up. Sir Pie is great with his stats. If you read this Sir Pie can you give me the figures over the last 15 years of foreign managers taking a side up. I think this would clear up the matter of why the new man MUST be british/Irish.
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoops View Post
                      But why take another chance on a foreign manager that has never managed in England?!

De Canio & Sousa never worked and it is widely accepted that the best chance of getting promoted to the PL is with a British man in charge.

It would be a big big gamble to appoint Tapia. Would this mean he has no say in player recruitment and Briatore continues to meddle with team selection?

We need to learn from mistakes made last season and address them otherwise it could be another disappointing campaign.

I would prefer a British manager with CCC experience any day of the week over Tapia regardless of how good he may be.

This is a major decision and one that the board cannot afford to get wrong.
                      Was under the impression that most British managers in the Championship simply tell their players to hoof the ball into the channels and then cross it into the big bloke in the middle. Hardly the stuff of tactical masters, reckon most could pick it up on the job

Comment

All this "It must be a British Manager"is so much rubbish.It must the right man for the job,his nationality is totally irrellevant.

Comment

dont know much about him to be honest, so would be unfair to judge him without giving him a fair crack. Should we be going for managers who we know little about though??
                          by the way decanio did work as quaz said, someone explain to me how he failed then?

Comment

Working...
                          X