QPR V West Ham...Little club, big club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
    if we were in the same position, 2-1 up on aggregate and 90 minutes away from a Wembley appearance, how many of us do you honestly reckon would go up there for this game?
    1986 Liverpool v QPR milk Cup Semi final
    QPR were leading 1-0 and took 7,500 up to the land of theifs and oh what a night we all had, best evening game of my life. The Arkle pub got smashed up by QPR and all the police from inside the stadium went outside and the Rangers fans standing poured into the seats and it was hilarious watching the police with their long sticks trying to work out why it was so full.
    Last edited by paulmason; 26-01-2011, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Again, that game, things were far more affordable.

Attendances in general are down due to lack of funds.

Plus, that was Liverpool.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

paul-played them a week or two later in the league and less than a 1000 went. liverpool mob waiting with sticks across the road(by the arcade) for rangers.
        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

liverpool
          was in the arkle
          ks took the coach drivers keys and made him drive us to warrington
          where we took over the local nightclub great nite.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
            paul-played them a week or two later in the league and less than a 1000 went. liverpool mob waiting with sticks across the road(by the arcade) for rangers.
            I was only 5...Oh, the simpler times.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
              1986 Liverpool v QPR milk Cup Semi final
              QPR were leading 1-0 and took 7,500 up to the land of theifs and oh what a night we all had, best evening game of my life. The Arkle pub got smashed up by QPR and all the police from inside the stadium went outside and the Rangers fans standing poured into the seats and it was hilarious watching the police with their long sticks trying to work out why it was so full.
              i was there as well maTE, in fact thats what made me think of doing the thread when i saw the piddley crowd the hammers are taking for their biggest game in years.
              oh to be 21 and travelling round the country to watch the mighty rangers again.

Comment

Very close, West Ham have over 20,000+ season ticket holders,17,000 members and over 700,000 different names on their database,their figures.

We have 7,000 season ticket holders !!

Comment

hammer will be laughing at this, in size we don't appear on West Hams radar, outnumber us at least by 10-1
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                    Very close, West Ham have over 20,000+ season ticket holders,17,000 members and over 700,000 different names on their database,their figures.

We have 7,000 season ticket holders !!
                    whats close?
                    what does those figures mean in relation to tonight and less than 4000 going up to birmingham?
                    question is how many would we take if it was us in the semi, not are they a bigger club.
                    question is, would our fans take the game more seriously and would it be more important to us (like ipswich did last night), and would we take more than they are as a big club.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P
                      whats close?
                      what do those figures mean in relation to tonight and less than 4000 going up to birmingham?
                      question is how many would we take if it was us in the semi, not are they a bigger club.
                      i mean would our little clubs fans take the game more seriously and would it be more important to us, and would we take more than they as a big club are.
                      Either way, it's irrelevant and impossible to prove. I honestly doubt we'd take that many for reasons stated.

Furthermore, we aren't going to reach a semi for a long while yet. Jesus, we haven't even made it past the 1st round of the F.A in 12 years.

Edit: And for what it's worth, I can't see us being a big club for many years. Even if we find success soon, it would still take a long while before the glory hunting, younger generation of super fan start to show their faces on a regular basis. We just aren't anywhere near their stature.
                      Last edited by BennyBoyRs; 26-01-2011, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                        Either way, it's irrelevant and impossible to prove. I honestly doubt we'd take that many for reasons stated.

Furthermore, we aren't going to reach a semi for a long while yet. Jesus, we haven't even made it past the 1st round of the F.A in 12 years.
                        im trying to #### off west ham and their pish poor support here mate, allow me eh? ha ha.

Comment

im trying to #### off west ham and their pish poor support here mate, allow me eh? ha ha.
                          Haha, that's fine. Crack on.

I'm just trying to be honest about where I think we'd be...

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                            It was three days later and there were less than 100 of us there.

Comment

whats close?
                              what does those figures mean in relation to tonight and less than 4000 going up to birmingham?
                              question is, would our fans take the game more seriously and would it be more important to us (like ipswich did last night), and would we take more than they are as a big club.

Wait until we get to the premiership,having to pay £40 - 75 pound for home or away tickets.Fulham charge Spurs fans £48 to sit behind the goal,West Ham are the same.

Then on a Wednesday night with the game live on TV and money being tight people may be more selective.

Finally West Ham and Rangers are miles apart in terms of numbers of support,but so what.

Comment

West Ham would be as "big" as Chelsea are now, if Abramovich had flown over Upton Park instead of Stamford Bridge.

Give West Ham Champions League football, and four Prem titles, and you'd get equally as many fans watching them, as you get at Chelsea.

Great club, being royally f*cked up by recent owners - past and present.

Just because they are "Ammers through and through" doesn't make this current mob in charge much better.
                                A right pair of clowns, from where I'm sitting.
                                Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Working...
                                X