ryan shotton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qprjames View Post
    Sounds good but that was in 2008! If he had fulfilled his potential no doubt he would be in Stokes side now?

As Morris said, I trust Warnocks judgement.

Cox would be a fantastic signing by the way.
    You can't really judge him on his Stoke 1st team credentials. Look at Kyle Walker. He had to come to us, and now he's getting a shot in the Prem, same as Taarabt.

As I say, I personally thought he looked good.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
      You can't really judge him on his Stoke 1st team credentials. Look at Kyle Walker. He had to come to us, and now he's getting a shot in the Prem, same as Taarabt.

This is true. Still Think Walker is better than Hutton though!
      Now, Then, Forever
      [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Discussing the pros and cons of Cox with a few R's before the Bristol game, one of which knows him, and although a fairly good striker, he has a bit of a reputation as a 'big time Charlie' and not the kind of player to gel in the dressing room. We can do better.
        22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

I'll also add, you do not tend to see a huge number of 18-22 year old CB's in the Prem as starters. Even the likes of JT was 21/22 before he was used as a regular. It's a position where experience/maturity is preferred in the top flight.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post

True, but difference is after half a season of Championship football Walker was wanted by a mid table prem club, and a club with a better squad than Stoke. Shotton played 30 games for Barnsley, then went back to Stoke to play reserve team football for the first half of this season.

You can't really compare the two, Walker is clearly in a different league.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjames View Post
              This is true. Still Think Walker is better than Hutton though!
              I make you right there mate. How 'Arry didn't take him back instead of loaning to a Prem rival is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
                True, but difference is after half a season of Championship football Walker was wanted by a mid table prem club, and a club with a better squad than Stoke. Shotton played 30 games for Barnsley, then went back to Stoke to play reserve team football for the first half of this season.

You can't really compare the two, Walker is clearly in a different league.
                With all due respect, that signing smacks of panic mode from Villa, and also a sweetener for 'Arry's approach for Young. I'm not saying it's a bad signing for Villa, because they've got a class player, but it was a little desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
                  He's 6ft 3, so naturally he isn't the quickest, but compared to Hill, Gorkss etc, he is probably reasonably fast.

If Neil wants him then I trust his judgement.
                  wants or what he can afford?

Comment

Not a Warnock signing.

Comment

Working...
                    X