GET OFF CLARKS BACK - Mackie was no better yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GET OFF CLARKS BACK - Mackie was no better yesterday

Getting fed up with all the abuse Clark keeps getting and feel its a little unfair. Yeah I agree he's not that good but he was in the team yesterday and immediately people were roasting him sitting around me at Carrow Road before he'd even touched the ball. If he's wearing a blue and white hooped shirt (or the away kit or third kit) then support him like you do the rest of the players. Just making this point as I feel he's coming under a little unfair treatment a bit like HH did last season.

We all think we are the manager at times and say this player or that player should be in infront of Clark but we're not picking the team. We are the supporters of this great club and should get behind our entire squad. We are still top and I think sometimes people forget that!

Rant over...
    Last edited by Dazzer1977; 02-01-2011, 06:35 PM.

What, are you his agent or something?

Yes we all manage and pick our teams and as the paying public we are entitled to our opinions of players and can voice them in any way we choose

I say he's shite and not good enough for the R's first team

Rant over!
    22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

I wasn't there yesterday but........

whenever I have seen LC he's been ordinary at best and dire at worst.... Interesting that you prefixed your rant with a recognition that he isn't that good... I think that's the trouble, you and the rest of us know is isn't going to make much of an impact so it's only natural that people are going to moan and groan...

some are more vociferous venting their feelings like the folk around you yesterday... it could be argued that they perhaps knew something that NW didn't...

I'm all for giving someone a chance but then there is the old saying.. flogging a dead horse... or donkey in this case!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
        What, are you his agent or something?

Yes we all manage and pick our teams and as the paying public we are entitled to our opinions of players and can voice them in any way we choose

I say he's shite and not good enough for the R's first team

Rant over!
        He has looked poor so far and probably isn't good enough for our first team.

HOWEVER what is booing him actually going to achieve? We're flying at the top of the league and people are still slating players.. it's completely pathetic.

Comment

Any player who turns their back when facing an attacker whose shooting should never play for R's again. Get rid fast!
          22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nik29 View Post
            He has looked poor so far and probably isn't good enough for our first team.

HOWEVER what is booing him actually going to achieve? We're flying at the top of the league and people are still slating players.. it's completely pathetic.
            I have never booed a player when on the pitch but I will express my feelings when chatting in the pub or on a message board. I did once boo the whole team - Milk Cup Final 1986 - after the final whistle!!

Comment

Looks uncomfortable on the ball when I have seen him play and I would not be sad to see him let go

Comment

Any player who turns their back when facing an attacker whose shooting should never play for R's again. Get rid fast!
                Dont expect to see calls for buzz back in the team then at that rate!!!!!

Seen him turn his back and bottle many a challenge

Comment

I have never booed a player when on the pitch but I will express my feelings when chatting in the pub or on a message board. I did once boo the whole team - Milk Cup Final 1986 - after the final whistle!!
                  That's fair enough. Sorry, I got the wrong end of the stick.

Comment

"Dont expect to see calls for buzz back in the team then at that rate!!!!!

Seen him turn his back and bottle many a challenge"

Yeah but isn't Buzz batting for the 'other' side?!!

Comment

I dont rate Clarke, never have and prob never will but yes he's our player at the moment and when he plays we should back him.
                      One thing though...i'd love to sit NW down and ask him what he feels Clarke gives the team when he plays,what attributes he has and what the team benefit from him being in the side because i know Hogan isnt in Ronaldo's class but at least he has pace, Clarke doesnt even have that.
                      Last edited by Bigdave; 02-01-2011, 07:12 PM.

Comment

He is shite but agreed no need to boo him as that's certainly not going to make him play any better!

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
                          He is shite but agreed no need to boo him as that's certainly not going to make him play any better!
                          This is my point. Look where that got us with Heider Helguson. Booing him is hardly going to make him play any better and in fairness to Clark, Mackie was our worst player on the pitch yesterday. Clark wasn't productive going forward but he never gave the ball away halfway near as much as Mackie or the nutmeg king! There was far worse players on the pitch yesterday than Clark.

Comment

First rate cart-horse. Lets get better in this month.
                            http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                              This is my point. Look where that got us with Heider Helguson. Booing him is hardly going to make him play any better and in fairness to Clark, Mackie was our worst player on the pitch yesterday. Clark wasn't productive going forward but he never gave the ball away halfway near as much as Mackie or the nutmeg king! There was far worse players on the pitch yesterday than Clark.
                              No-one was booing him yesterday, just merely observing how crap he was. Agree that Mackie didn't have a great game but he was still much more effective than Clarke imo. Also the difference is Mackie has actually performed previously while Clarke has done/achieved nothing.

Funny how everyone see's football differently I spose!
                              Last edited by qprjames; 02-01-2011, 07:42 PM.
                              Now, Then, Forever
                              [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
                              X