Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting quote re investment

Warnock:

"I don't see too much happening at QPR if I'm honest. The owners would prefer me to bring in a loan signing rather than spend any money at this stage."

I personally find this a little worrying. The club has its best chance to go up and they don't want to spend any money and are instead forcing Neil into the loan market. Crazy imo!

Whats it gonna be like when/if we get to the premiership?! You can't survive on cheap players/frees/loans. Sooner or later its going to have to click that they will need to spend some money on some quality players.
    Now, Then, Forever
    [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Whats he supposed to say? "yeah we're going to splash out this january" and then everyone puts there prices up. Good mind games from warnock.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrotter View Post
      Whats he supposed to say? "yeah we're going to splash out this january" and then everyone puts there prices up. Good mind games from warnock.
      Thats true however I genuinely don't think we will spend any money. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

If it is true though, I would definitely question the owners plans for the future.
      Now, Then, Forever

Comment

We've got enough to get up - saving the cash for the prem!

Comment

Nobody is saying we wont add to the squad in jan.
          Loans might be better anyway... maybe the owners have a point.

Why sign a player on a 3 year deal in january, when you don't know what division we'll be in august?
          If we go up, we can sign him..... like Blackpool did with DJ Campbell.

If we go up, but don't think he's good enough for the Prem, you send him back. Like Fitz Hall at Newcastle last season.

If we don't go up... we're not stuck with a panic buy we made in january.

As long as we get a decent player or two for the rest of the season... it really doesn't matter if they are loaned or bought.
          Summer is the time to buy for next season... january is the time to add extra quality for the second half of this season.

Something like that, anyway.
          Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

I think it's perfectly reasonable position for the board.

They would have set a budget at the beginning of the season and they should stick to that, with the exception that the higher gates may mean revenue is above budget.

There is no point paying Premier League wages, ahead of potential promotion. That would be gambling.

On the other hand, NW may have in his budget some scope for bringing in new players during the season, and more if he moves one or two players off the books.

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post

Why sign a player on a 3 year deal in january, when you don't know what division we'll be in august?

If we go up, but don't think he's good enough for the Prem, you send him back. Like Fitz Hall at Newcastle last season.

As long as we get a decent player or two for the rest of the season... it really doesn't matter if they are loaned or bought.
              Summer is the time to buy for next season... january is the time to add extra quality for the second half of this season.

Fair point although I think its fair to say we have a great chance of going up this year so surely a bit of Premiership quality now would only help?

The main worry for me is that we still have spent very little money; even in the summer they didn't spend that much (3/4million?). Everyone always talks about our backing but we are yet to really use it.
              Now, Then, Forever

Comment

What difference does it make if we own them or not?

Doesn't if they are doing the business.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                  What difference does it make if we own them or not?

Doesn't if they are doing the business.
                  Kyle Walker is testimony to that and would add that it is imperative that we keep Walker till the end of the season !!!

For me he is the best right full back in the country and can't see Harry Redknapp selling him anytime soon and even if he does it is gonna take one hell of an offer

Comment

The board were quite happy to part with £3m+ for Jon Walters in August. I'm sure if NW wants someone, he'll get them. Do not despair. He's a master at mind games.

Comment

Good post !!

In recent years we I feel we have spent money on big wages/long contracts and been left with the Vines and Ageymangs of this world.

Bringing in premiere players now ,already on big bucks. will upset the dressing room ...FACT

Last year Newcastle spent big in January however their squad were already on Prem league wages hence thay were just adding to what they already had.

Far better to loan a couple AT THIS STAGE ....... let the rest of the squad continue to be motivated and focused on getting to the Prem league and then do what you have to do in the Summer IF we get promoted !

Comment

would be better to not buy imho. Would loan in Cox, Walker for season, a decent CB and a CM, Derry wont last all season

Comment

One assumes that...

any loan player would be given the opportunity to play for a permanent move so to some extent that would benefit the team/club and ultimately us the fans...

Comment

This post is almost spot on..,

If we were in the playoffs of just below at Christmas, then maybe maybe the board would splash out on pushing for the automatic place .But we have done better than can be expected(in my opinion) and are 7 points clear.

My feeling is that NW and the board think we can achieve promotion automatically with what we have got.They also realise it is still only half way there and that a few additions could be needed.So - loan the extra players needed in now, and then once promoted, i reckon in the summer, we will see different transfer targets than those already and always touted about.

Just my feelings.

Comment

If and when we do go up...

we will be signing the calibre of player that we could have only dreamed of a season or so back...

Comment

Working...
                              X